Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

NYC roll call--any 2003'ers out there

NYC roll call--any 2003'ers out there

Old Jan 12th 2006, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

grouchy has a spectacular aura aboutgrouchy has a spectacular aura aboutgrouchy has a spectacular aura about
Default NYC roll call--any 2003'ers out there

anyone from NYC who filed in 2003 still out there. We are Aug 2003 and still no interview notice. Getting a little cranky.
Old Jan 12th 2006, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

Angelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really nice
Default Re: NYC roll call--any 2003'ers out there

Originally Posted by grouchy
anyone from NYC who filed in 2003 still out there. We are Aug 2003 and still no interview notice. Getting a little cranky.

I'm from October 2003 and I was approved for my AOS December 28th 05.
Was your case transferred to California?

My case was sent to California September 20th 2005.

Regards
Angelus71
Old Jan 12th 2006, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

grouchy has a spectacular aura aboutgrouchy has a spectacular aura aboutgrouchy has a spectacular aura about

No, no transfer that I know of, and apparently nothing has happened on our case since Oct 31, when NBC/MSC finished initial processing. At this point we have gotten our Congressman's office involved, and they keep giving him conflicting answers as to whether it is NY or NBC/MSC who has the responsibility to schedule the interview.

Originally Posted by Angelus71
I'm from October 2003 and I was approved for my AOS December 28th 05.
Was your case transferred to California?

My case was sent to California September 20th 2005.

Regards
Angelus71
Old Jan 12th 2006, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

almoya is on a distinguished road

Uff! crankiness justified. Filed Sep 2003, interviewed in Garden City Sep 2005. Awaiting FBI namecheck clearance.

Alberto
Old Jan 13th 2006, 12:05 am
Forum Regular

jgbreton is an unknown quantity at this point

We filed back in December 2003 and the case was transferred to Missouri in January 2004.

The file was transferred to the California Service Center in October 2005 and we received an RFE for the vaccination supplement last week.
Old Jan 14th 2006, 2:54 am
Just Joined

CountryGirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Sep 2003 and still no interview notice. We are a lot cranky.
Old Jan 14th 2006, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

Biza is an unknown quantity at this point

My husband and I applied for AOS in December 2003.

Interview notice recieved September 2005.

Interview November 16, 2005 - approval was said to be pending security clearance and DAO officer's supervisor approving the case.

Online approval on November 29, 2005

Letter of approval recieved December 1, 2005 - letter said approval was granted on November 18, 2005 (2 days after our interview).

Conditional Greencard recieved December 2, 2005 - 7 days shy of our 2 year marriage anniversary.
Old Jan 16th 2006, 7:30 pm
Scott

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 19:09:36 +0000, grouchy wrote:

>
    > anyone from NYC who filed in 2003 still out there. We are Aug 2003 and
    > still no interview notice. Getting a little cranky.

How about 2002?

My wife's AOS based on marriage to US Citizen (me), entry on K-1.

I-485 receipt date of 15 December, 2002.

Interview on 2 June, 2005. My wife had never been scheduled for
fingerprints, so the DAO made an appointment for that afternoon.

We heard nothing for months, so we made in InfoPass appointment at the NYC
office for 5 October, 2005. The Immigration Officer initially told us
that there was no information she could give us; we would just have to
keep waiting. When we explained how long our case had been pending, she
said she could do one more search in what I guess was another database.
She told us that she found the case... that it had been approved on 30
June by the NYC office. She said that after that approval, the case file
was shipped to the MSC. She told us that the MSC should've sent a welcome
letter. She said that the NYC office could do nothing further, because
the file was no longer there; we would have to send a letter to the MSC to
ask why the letter had not been sent.

We have sent them a letter once a month since then asking for status. My
wife also calls once a month, immediately gets escalated to an Immigration
Officer, and also asks that a status request be submitted. We have heard
nothing back.

In December I sent letters to my Congresspeople asking them to get
involved. I got no reply from my Senators; I got a, "Thank you for
contacting me. I have asked a staffer to look into the matter," letter
from my Representative.

Not so much cranky... just frustrated.

Old Jan 17th 2006, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

Well, you may have luck with the Representative--ours has sorted out several issues for US and is now working on trying to get the interview scheduled. When I initially made contact with the Rep, I went down to the local Representative's office to make contact with the caseworker personally-figured it made it easier if they could put a face to a name and I talk to the guy every week or so to see if any news. USCIS at NBC/MSC typically takes about two weeks to reply to an email inquiry.

Originally Posted by Scott

>

How about 2002?

nothing back.

from my Representative.

Old Jan 17th 2006, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

Ndori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Scott

>

How about 2002?

nothing back.

from my Representative.

Write to the Ombudsman...that may help...or consult a lawyer on how to get the GC the case was indeed approved....
Old Jan 17th 2006, 5:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Peter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond repute

We filed in June 2003, interview in March 2005, approved in July 2005.

Sorry to hear you are still waiting...
Peter

Old Jan 17th 2006, 8:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

janadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond repute

Feel your pain Grouchy.

We filed in Aug 03 as well but were fortunate enough to have our file navigate the system safely enough to avoid any sharp rocks, and we were approved in Oct last year. For us the process was somewhat true to the projected processing dates - took just about 2 yrs.

Indeed there were few glitches but believe me, I went to some extremes and ripped one or two people a new x%^&@$ about it and got the ball rolling.

Was thinking today, what I'd do if we weren't so fortunate and were in your shoes instead. I would do the usual as well as the extraordinary.

Would you believe the phone # for the Garden City office is listed? This was the first avenue that got me started - our interview was originally scheduled there and then canceled. We were told that our case might get transferred and we'd likely have to wait yet another yr til we got called again. I know this might sound weird but I surely would drive over there one day, two, maybe even three, until I got thru to some supervisor. Granted I'm good at batting my eyes and improvising (this is what happens when you work in television & advertising for too long) but SOMEBODY might talk to you!

The usual route too - I'd make InfoPass after InfoPass as early as possible, go as early as possible until they got sick of me. I'd do nothing less than diplomatically demand that they let me speak with someone who has access to real info.

Chuck Schumer (sp) - I LOVE him! I'd Fed Ex his office every week, once a week, with pleas for help until someone got back to me. (I see you're on top of this already in some way)

Seven on Your Side - no doubt I'd contact the news station

And yes, believe it or not, I might even consider refilling.

Anyway Grouchy - I can understand if it seems like I'm crazy, but please believe me, I'm no crazier than the USCIS!

Just some thoughts - best of luck!!!!

Old Jan 17th 2006, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Janadeen. Believe me, if I thought it would help, I'd bat my eyelashes. As it is, nagging Congressman's aide weekly. Apparently file is still at MSC/NBC in Missouri where they have to schedule interview appointment. Waiting for response to last email. Don't know if you read any of my previous posts, but in August, had to file a motion to reopen due to USCIS' denying us due to lack of showing up for fingerprints (which wasn't true and we could prove it). Case got reopened thank God and we got an RFE for vaccination supplement, which we sent in with lightening speed. Foolishly we thought that since they had processed our case and they told Congressman's office it was "sent to New York for interview", it must be the truth. When Congressman checked with NY, told that they didn't have it. Congressman wrote back to Missouri, and they then said they were holding the file until NY scheduled interview. Congressman wrote to NY, who responded that it was Missouri that scheduled interviews. Latest--Congressman wrote to MSC/Missouri quoting the NY letter and asking for some action. The result? I am emotionally frazzled. But still hopeful that latest inquiry will finally produce some action. Why are you optimistic after all this? I can practically hear Rete saying in my head.

Originally Posted by janadeen
Feel your pain Grouchy.

We filed in Aug 03 as well but were fortunate enough to have our file navigate the system safely enough to avoid any sharp rocks, and we were approved in Oct last year. For us the process was somewhat true to the projected processing dates - took just about 2 yrs.

Indeed there were few glitches but believe me, I went to some extremes and ripped one or two people a new x%^&@$ about it and got the ball rolling.

Was thinking today, what I'd do if we weren't so fortunate and were in your shoes instead. I would do the usual as well as the extraordinary.

Would you believe the phone # for the Garden City office is listed? This was the first avenue that got me started - our interview was originally scheduled there and then canceled. We were told that our case might get transferred and we'd likely have to wait yet another yr til we got called again. I know this might sound weird but I surely would drive over there one day, two, maybe even three, until I got thru to some supervisor. Granted I'm good at batting my eyes and improvising (this is what happens when you work in television & advertising for too long) but SOMEBODY might talk to you!

The usual route too - I'd make InfoPass after InfoPass as early as possible, go as early as possible until they got sick of me. I'd do nothing less than diplomatically demand that they let me speak with someone who has access to real info.

Chuck Schumer (sp) - I LOVE him! I'd Fed Ex his office every week, once a week, with pleas for help until someone got back to me. (I see you're on top of this already in some way)

Seven on Your Side - no doubt I'd contact the news station

And yes, believe it or not, I might even consider refilling.

Anyway Grouchy - I can understand if it seems like I'm crazy, but please believe me, I'm no crazier than the USCIS!

Just some thoughts - best of luck!!!!
Old Jan 17th 2006, 8:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

janadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry grouchy - I didn't know your soap opera with USCIS had run so many episodes! Almighty!

Well looks like your rep has it goin on - at least they're getting RESPONSES from the centers!

Keep the faith. I'd STILL contact Seven On Your Side though )-:

Thanks Janadeen. Believe me, if I thought it would help, I'd bat my eyelashes. As it is, nagging Congressman's aide weekly. Apparently file is still at MSC/NBC in Missouri where they have to schedule interview appointment. Waiting for response to last email. Don't know if you read any of my previous posts, but in August, had to file a motion to reopen due to USCIS' denying us due to lack of showing up for fingerprints (which wasn't true and we could prove it). Case got reopened thank God and we got an RFE for vaccination supplement, which we sent in with lightening speed. Foolishly we thought that since they had processed our case and they told Congressman's office it was "sent to New York for interview", it must be the truth. When Congressman checked with NY, told that they didn't have it. Congressman wrote back to Missouri, and they then said they were holding the file until NY scheduled interview. Congressman wrote to NY, who responded that it was Missouri that scheduled interviews. Latest--Congressman wrote to MSC/Missouri quoting the NY letter and asking for some action. The result? I am emotionally frazzled. But still hopeful that latest inquiry will finally produce some action. Why are you optimistic after all this? I can practically hear Rete saying in my head.
Old Jan 18th 2006, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

almoya is on a distinguished road

BTW -- am wondering if any folks could share any positive/negative experiences when dealing asking help from the offices of Sen Clinton / Schumer's or Rep Carolyn Maloney (Manhattan/Queens district rep)

Alberto

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.