Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

NYC roll call--any 2003'ers out there

NYC roll call--any 2003'ers out there

Old Jan 18th 2006, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

grouchy has a spectacular aura aboutgrouchy has a spectacular aura aboutgrouchy has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: NYC roll call--any 2003'ers out there

Sorry, I live in Brooklyn Heights and have had an excellent experience with Rep. Edolphus Towns.

Originally Posted by almoya
BTW -- am wondering if any folks could share any positive/negative experiences when dealing asking help from the offices of Sen Clinton / Schumer's or Rep Carolyn Maloney (Manhattan/Queens district rep)

Alberto
Old Jan 25th 2006, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

grouchy has a spectacular aura aboutgrouchy has a spectacular aura aboutgrouchy has a spectacular aura about

Country Girl, have you tried making any inquiries? On Congressional Rep said they haven't replied to his last emails, and that NY and MSC had a huge amount of new staff that weren't responsive/well trained yet. He was going to keep trying. But I am starting to get really depressed---saw a poster today from 04 in NY who had his interview, while we have been waiting 29 months and 10 days from AOS filing with no interview notice yet.

Originally Posted by CountryGirl
Sep 2003 and still no interview notice. We are a lot cranky.
Old Jan 27th 2006, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

Hope is an unknown quantity at this point

Not really a 2003 case ...

If it is any consolation to you, we filed in mid-2002 and only just got the interview and approval for the I-485 late last year -- so more than 3 years, really. And now, some mistakes with the green card were experienced (naturally) and we are trying to sort them out.
Old Jan 27th 2006, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

thanks...what did they mess us on your green card?

Originally Posted by Hope
Not really a 2003 case ...

If it is any consolation to you, we filed in mid-2002 and only just got the interview and approval for the I-485 late last year -- so more than 3 years, really. And now, some mistakes with the green card were experienced (naturally) and we are trying to sort them out.
Old Jan 31st 2006, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

jgbreton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jgbreton
We filed back in December 2003 and the case was transferred to Missouri in January 2004.

The file was transferred to the California Service Center in October 2005 and we received an RFE for the vaccination supplement last week.
We received an email today that the AOS application has been approved.
Old Mar 24th 2006, 5:45 am
Just Joined

cwithe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by grouchy
anyone from NYC who filed in 2003 still out there. We are Aug 2003 and still no interview notice. Getting a little cranky.
Hi.

Haven't been here in a while but thought this roll call is pretty interesting, especially seeing that more and more people seem to get approved within months rather than years.

We also applied in Aug 2003 and really haven't heard anything at all yet. Online status for I-130 and I -485 still show the same message as they did back in October 2003 ("Your application was received by ths office" yadda yadda yadda). I keep on applying for my work permit year after year... at least that seems to be approved much quicker these days. I feel like I am slowly going insane... How long can this possibly take?!
Old Mar 24th 2006, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

In Feb, got our appointment notice for a May 3, 2006 interview (our AOS application submitted Aug 15, 2003).

This was after getting our congressman's office involved. I'm not sure whether it helped or not, but you might want to try it. [The run around/conflicting answers the congressman's aide got are a whole other story--thank God that is over now]. Good luck. Will post after interview.

Originally Posted by cwithe
Hi.

Haven't been here in a while but thought this roll call is pretty interesting, especially seeing that more and more people seem to get approved within months rather than years.

We also applied in Aug 2003 and really haven't heard anything at all yet. Online status for I-130 and I -485 still show the same message as they did back in October 2003 ("Your application was received by ths office" yadda yadda yadda). I keep on applying for my work permit year after year... at least that seems to be approved much quicker these days. I feel like I am slowly going insane... How long can this possibly take?!
Old Mar 24th 2006, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

Hoohay is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Grouchy,

Sorry to hear your story, I never imagined that getting your GC after marriage to an AC could be such a nightmare. Things seem to be moving for you now, wish you best luck.

We filed in August 2004 (my husband is the AC) and we had the interview in NYC in October 2004. It was a pilot program, that's why we had the interview so soon, just three months after having applied.

We were told at the interview that everything was ok except for missing fingerprints and background check. They told us we could expect to receive the GC on the mail in approx. a month, once they received my fingerprints. I never received the GC.

Recently, almost a year and a half after the interview, they transfered our case to California. The explanation they gave us is that they did not have the ability to process the background check due to the high volume of applications, and that was the reason for the transfer. And they basically recognised that yes, they had been sitting on our application for a year and a half, nothing had been done in the meantime.

Now that the application is in California, we received a request for fingerprints. Once we sent the fingerprints, they asked for a lot of additional info (wedding pictures, tax receipts etc.), it is like having the interview again but now by mail. Things seem to be moving.

Best luck,

Hoohay

Last edited by Hoohay; Mar 24th 2006 at 2:31 pm.
Old Mar 24th 2006, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for your reply. But I think we will cross that bridge when we come to it. While some people have security check delay, others get green card a couple weeks after interview. Since my husband was fingerprinted for the 2nd time last summer, I am hoping we will be the latter. If we don't get it within a reasonable time after interview, the Congressman's office will be asked to inquire, you may be sure.

Originally Posted by Hoohay
Hey Grouchy,

Sorry to hear your story, I never imagined that getting your GC after marriage to an AC could be such a nightmare. Things seem to be moving for you now, wish you best luck.

We filed in August 2004 (my husband is the AC) and we had the interview in NYC in October 2004. It was a pilot program, that's why we had the interview so soon, just three months after having applied.

We were told at the interview that everything was ok except for missing fingerprints and background check. They told us we could expect to receive the GC on the mail in approx. a month, once they received my fingerprints. I never received the GC.

Recently, almost a year and a half after the interview, they transfered our case to California. The explanation they gave us is that they did not have the ability to process the background check due to the high volume of applications, and that was the reason for the transfer. And they basically recognised that yes, they had been sitting on our application for a year and a half, nothing had been done in the meantime.

Now that the application is in California, we received a request for fingerprints. Once we sent the fingerprints, they asked for a lot of additional info (wedding pictures, tax receipts etc.), it is like having the interview again but now by mail. Things seem to be moving.

Best luck,

Hoohay
Old Mar 24th 2006, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

Hoohay is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey sorry, I just read that you already got your appointment for the interview.
At this point best wait and see what happens.

Good luck!