NYC NOA?

Old Jun 23rd 2002, 3:20 pm
Michael

Default NYC NOA?

Excuse my ignornace but what is a 1st and 2nd NOA?

I filed for AOS in NYC about 2 weeks ago. A week after that (1 week ago) I received a
receipt for the checks I had sent. At what point should I receive a 1st NOA and what
does it mean? And what is a 2nd NOA?

Confused!!!

Old Jun 23rd 2002, 8:16 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NYC NOA?

Never

NYC does not issues NOA's for filing of AOS. The cash register receipt is the only correspondence you will receive from them as proof of filing. You will eventually receive an appointment letter(s) to go in and pick up the EAD and A/P. But until they are ready to schedule you for the AOS interview, you will hear nothing.

Rete
Old Jun 24th 2002, 4:20 am
Michael

Thanks for the info.

"Rete" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Never
    >
    > NYC does not issues NOA's for filing of AOS. The cash register receipt is the only
    > correspondence you will receive from them as proof of filing. You will eventually
    > receive an appointment letter(s) to go in and pick up the EAD and A/P. But until
    > they are ready to schedule you for the AOS interview, you will hear nothing.
    >
    > Rete
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    >
    >
    >
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jun 24th 2002, 4:39 am
Just Joined

mdeveaux is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Rete
Never

NYC does not issues NOA's for filing of AOS. The cash register receipt is the only correspondence you will receive from them as proof of filing. You will eventually receive an appointment letter(s) to go in and pick up the EAD and A/P. But until they are ready to schedule you for the AOS interview, you will hear nothing.

Rete
>You will eventually receive an appointment letter
Any idea how long this takes, i've been waiting blindly for 8-9 weeks now.
Old Jun 24th 2002, 10:26 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Approximately 60 to 90 days for the EAD and A/P. AOS is taking about 14 to 18 months. You can hear re the appointment anywhere from six months before the interview up until one week.

From our experience and the posts of other NYC users, the variances on when the appointment letter arrives is large.
Old Jun 24th 2002, 10:20 pm
Sanli

I'm glad someone asked this question. I submitted over 3 weeks ago to NYC and I am
also anxiously waiting for my NOA. If NYC never issue NOA, what do I submit for my
AP(I-131) application as the proof that I've already submitted I-485? Is that little
cash register slip good enough?

Rete <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Approximately 60 to 90 days for the EAD and A/P. AOS is taking about 14 to 18
    > months. You can hear re the appointment anywhere from six months before the
    > interview up until one week.
    >
    > From our experience and the posts of other NYC users, the variances on when the
    > appointment letter arrives is large.

Old Jun 24th 2002, 11:05 pm
Concierge

That's it. That cash register receipt is pure gold. Put it someplace safe and do not lose it.

I don't know where people get the idea that they will get an NOA. It is not the norm for any but a few local INS offices to issue NOA's for adjustment filing. The service centers generate them but not local INS offices.
Old Jun 25th 2002, 3:20 am
Barbara

Rete, I think it is just confusion between k1 and AOS acronym stuff. When I first
found this group, I was similarly confused until I got my first "NOA" from the k1
petition and notice of action == NOA finally connected. Acronyms ...sigh. What helped
me then (and now for that matter) were avid reading of this newsgroup, whether it
seemed to apply to us or not..www.google.com groups search engine (for specific terms
and questions)and the following links: http://k1.exit.com/ and (marriage and fiancee)
http://www.kamya.com/misc/

We just received our little cash register tape today, and if I had a safe we would
keep it there. Just an FYI, for anyone who just sent theirs in....we are going
through the NYC office, our express mail receipt on sending is dated 6/15/2002. The
package got to the INS on 6/17/2002 according to the signed return receipt we
got....and the INS processed our fees on 6/19/2002 according to the semi ripped, and
somewhat wrinkled receipt that they sent us.

Rete wrote:

> That's it. That cash register receipt is pure gold. Put it someplace safe and do
    > not lose it.
    >
    > I don't know where people get the idea that they will get an NOA. It is not the
    > norm for any but a few local INS offices to issue NOA's for adjustment filing. The
    > service centers generate them but not local INS offices.
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    >
    >
    >
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com