Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

NYC INS change of address question

NYC INS change of address question

Old Jul 22nd 2002, 7:20 am
Rhcomfort

Default NYC INS change of address question

Is sending change of address to NYC INS during AOS process suffecient?

Old Jul 22nd 2002, 7:28 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NYC INS change of address question

With NYC nothing is sufficient. I would be sure to send the letter via a traceable receipt method and I would be doubly sure to have a change of address/mail forwarding done by the post office as well.

Where are you scheduled to hear from the great lost hope of NYC as to EAD, A/P and/or AOS?

Rete
Old Jul 22nd 2002, 11:20 am
Rhcomfort

<< Subject: Re: NYC INS change of address question From: Rete
[email protected] Date: Mon, Jul 22, 2002 3:20 PM Message-id:
<[email protected]>

With NYC nothing is sufficient. I would be sure to send the letter via a traceable
receipt method and I would be doubly sure to have a change of address/mail forwarding
done by the post office as well.

Where are you scheduled to hear from the great lost hope of NYC as to EAD, A/P
and/or AOS?

Rete

--

Posted via http://britishexpats.com

>>

Did that, thanks

Filed one year ago today for AOS, whaddayathink

Old Jul 22nd 2002, 11:52 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Well you are due them for a renewal of your EAD. Assume you have mailed in the I-751 for it. That is assuming you wanted an EAD.

Interviews are being scheduled for 14 to 18 months for a few thrown in at 20 to 21 months. Fingerprinting usually comes about 3 months before the interview. So you should be getting notices for those two things shortly.

Your best bet is to be sure that the postal service has the order to forward your mail to your new address until you can go in person and have them change it. This would be when you go for your EAD renewal.

Rete