NYC / Green cards

Old Oct 7th 2004, 1:40 am
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute
Default NYC / Green cards

Hey anyone thats been approved for AOS in NYC somewhat recently: How long did it take for your actual green card and/or "welcome to America" letters to arrive, after approval?

All my interviewer said was it would be a "few weeks", so I'm trying to gauge when I'm allowed to get worried about it lol
Old Oct 7th 2004, 2:18 am
BE Enthusiast

britchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud of
Default Re: NYC / Green cards

Originally Posted by andrea874
Hey anyone thats been approved for AOS in NYC somewhat recently: How long did it take for your actual green card and/or "welcome to America" letters to arrive, after approval?

All my interviewer said was it would be a "few weeks", so I'm trying to gauge when I'm allowed to get worried about it lol

I had my interview in May and was told to wait 6-8months for the card. I got 2 welcome letters and the actual card within 2 weeks.
Old Oct 7th 2004, 3:21 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

50 weeks from now when your I-551 stamp is about to expire.

Rete
Old Oct 7th 2004, 3:24 am
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
50 weeks from now when your I-551 stamp is about to expire.

Rete

Haha, I guess I'm just paranoid as I didn't have to sign anything and everyone else seems to have, and I don't have an approval letter or anything. Oh well
Old Oct 7th 2004, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

CSUMBERAC is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all -

My husband is due to have an interview in November in NY. And I was curious - did they stamp your passport at the interview, or did you get called back for that? I hear its a 50/50 chance of getting your passport signed then & there at the interview.

Is it resonable to assume that if all goes well in November, my husband will be able to travel outside the US on December 17th?

Please advise, Thank you! You've all been a great help through this entire process. Wish you all the best of luck!!

CD
Old Oct 12th 2004, 12:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by CSUMBERAC
Hello all -

My husband is due to have an interview in November in NY. And I was curious - did they stamp your passport at the interview, or did you get called back for that? I hear its a 50/50 chance of getting your passport signed then & there at the interview.

Is it resonable to assume that if all goes well in November, my husband will be able to travel outside the US on December 17th?

Please advise, Thank you! You've all been a great help through this entire process. Wish you all the best of luck!!

CD

Sure its reasonable, IF the background checks are back. Personally, I wouldn't count on anything though... you just never know with these people!
Old Oct 12th 2004, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

mrsm is an unknown quantity at this point

Received my card approx. seven weeks after interview in NYC. I didn't receive an approval letter or even one "Welcome to America" letter"
Old Oct 13th 2004, 1:38 am
Forum Regular

Sure its reasonable, IF the background checks are back. Personally, I wouldn't count on anything though... you just never know with these people!
When I called the FBI to see if they received fingerprints, they told me that the turn around for my husbands prints were one day. They received it, did check and forwarded it onto USCIS for processing. This was back in May 2004! I know that there's also a name check involved in the process, and I noticed on my interview letter that my husband’s first name is spelled wrong. Hopefully they realize that his name is PAUL, not PUAL.

Thanks for your help Andrea.
Old Oct 13th 2004, 1:43 am
BE Forum Addict

When I called the FBI to see if they received fingerprints, they told me that the turn around for my husbands prints were one day. They received it, did check and forwarded it onto USCIS for processing. This was back in May 2004! I know that there's also a name check involved in the process, and I noticed on my interview letter that my husband’s first name is spelled wrong. Hopefully they realize that his name is PAUL, not PUAL.

Thanks for your help Andrea.

The fingerprints are only a small part of the background check...
Old Oct 13th 2004, 2:00 am
Forum Regular

The fingerprints are only a small part of the background check...
So they can still schedule an interview, w/out having a complete backround check?
Old Oct 13th 2004, 2:10 am
BE Forum Addict

So they can still schedule an interview, w/out having a complete backround check?

Of course they can. You hear of it happening all the time. Its unfortunate, but it does happen, apparently.
Old Oct 13th 2004, 2:13 am
Forum Regular

Of course they can. You hear of it happening all the time. Its unfortunate, but it does happen, apparently.
Do you think a misspelled first name (being so common), can result in background check problems?

I have been searching HIGH & LOW on the forum for I-485 misspelled names, but no one really goes into it really. So, either that's a good sign (no one had approval problems) OR bad sign

Hopefully they understand that PAUL is spelled PAUL, not PUAL. Yikes, now I have this to worry about. I just want to make sure Paul gets his I-551 stamp so that we're able to travel. WISH US LUCK. Everything's still up in the air, unfortunately.
Old Oct 13th 2004, 2:28 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Do you think a misspelled first name (being so common), can result in background check problems?

I have been searching HIGH & LOW on the forum for I-485 misspelled names, but no one really goes into it really. So, either that's a good sign (no one had approval problems) OR bad sign

Hopefully they understand that PAUL is spelled PAUL, not PUAL. Yikes, now I have this to worry about. I just want to make sure Paul gets his I-551 stamp so that we're able to travel. WISH US LUCK. Everything's still up in the air, unfortunately.

How do you know your name is misspelled? Because of a typo on the interview letter? How is it spelled on your advance parole and/or EAD card? Those that the indicators that they have the correct spelling on file.

Rete
Old Oct 13th 2004, 2:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
How do you know your name is misspelled? Because of a typo on the interview letter? How is it spelled on your advance parole and/or EAD card? Those that the indicators that they have the correct spelling on file.

Rete
Hey Rete - Long time no see on the forum.

Well, everything else is spelled correctly - it was a typo on immigrations part. Probably a bad data entry person.

EAD, Advance Parole were all okay.

My husbands AOS letter was received yesterday (YAY!), and I noticed his name was misspelled. But when we received his Fingerprints & Biometrics, it was also spelled wrong. But when my hubby went to his appt, he corrected it with them before taking his Fingerprints & Biometrics. So, I suppose we don't have much to worry about. Since that's the document that the FBI receives. Basically, on our interview, we need to address...AGAIN...that his first name is not spelled correctly.

WISH US LUCK...anything could happen...but hopefully, all that will happen - will be GOOD.