Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

NYC - AOS interview letter received!

NYC - AOS interview letter received!

Old Jan 14th 2005, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Peter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond repute
Default NYC - AOS interview letter received!

Hello folks,

I received my interview letter yesterday – the date has been set for March 17 at the Garden City office. The letter was sent from the MSC on an I-797 form and it arrived at my new address (so they must have received one of my six change-of-address letters!)

The case status online still says, “your interview was cancelled�. For those who have been following my case – I decided to cancel my Infopass appointment to ask about this (I decided to wait the full two years before enquiring). I wrote to NYC instead about a month ago – never received a respone.

While I am very excited, I feel bad for those who are still waiting, especially from 2002. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the order in which interviews are done. For example mrsm, a fellow New-Yorker applied around the same time as me but had her interview last spring. No logical explanation!

So – now to work on the list of information they have requested we bring! Will keep you posted.

Cheers
Peter
Old Jan 14th 2005, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

ligc is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NYC - AOS interview letter received!

Originally Posted by Peter Newton
Hello folks,

I received my interview letter yesterday – the date has been set for March 17 at the Garden City office. The letter was sent from the MSC on an I-797 form and it arrived at my new address (so they must have received one of my six change-of-address letters!)

The case status online still says, “your interview was cancelled�. For those who have been following my case – I decided to cancel my Infopass appointment to ask about this (I decided to wait the full two years before enquiring). I wrote to NYC instead about a month ago – never received a respone.

While I am very excited, I feel bad for those who are still waiting, especially from 2002. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the order in which interviews are done. For example mrsm, a fellow New-Yorker applied around the same time as me but had her interview last spring. No logical explanation!

So – now to work on the list of information they have requested we bring! Will keep you posted.

Cheers
Peter
Congrats Peter , I just had interview in Garden City on Jan 11, it went very well but the back ground checks were not done yet. So I am back to waiting for the back ground checks.
Old Jan 14th 2005, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Peter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks! When did you originally apply?

Originally Posted by ligc
Congrats Peter , I just had interview in Garden City on Jan 11, it went very well but the back ground checks were not done yet. So I am back to waiting for the back ground checks.
Old Jan 14th 2005, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

ligc is on a distinguished road

Thanks! When did you originally apply?
Nov 1, 2002
Old Jan 14th 2005, 6:40 pm
Just Joined

jennylynne is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for posting Peter, at least it gives me hope! We filed our paperwork in Feb 2003 and haven't heard anything...our online status states:

"On December 4, 2003, your fingerprint fee was accepted as complete, and processing of your case has resumed"

the wait is a killer, especially since we have friends in NYC that filed their AOS paperwork 3 months ago and have their interviews already!!!! I love them but it's so hard, especially because my husband hasn't been able to go home to Dublin for years. (overstay)

Good luck with your interview!

Jenny
Old Jan 14th 2005, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

Visitor is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: NYC - AOS interview letter received!

I can't believe this keeps happening to people who applied after me. What the hell? I applied in November 2002. The absurdity of this whole thing is starting to drive me crazy!

Anyway I'm glad your wait is over. Crack open a bottle of something to celebrate.
Old Jan 14th 2005, 7:06 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Hello folks,

Cheers
Peter
WOOOO CONGRATULATIONS!!
Old Jan 14th 2005, 11:44 pm
Forum Regular

Amadeus is just really niceAmadeus is just really niceAmadeus is just really niceAmadeus is just really niceAmadeus is just really niceAmadeus is just really niceAmadeus is just really niceAmadeus is just really nice

Peter, congrats!

Visitor - I hear ya... I filed in August 2002 and still am waiting! I wrote to USCIS Ombudsman, they got my letter on 01/11/2005. Let's see what happens... If there is no action within 30 days - I am going to call all major TV stations and invite them to watch me protest by starting a hunger strike in front of Jacob-Whoever building. Anyone with me?
Old Jan 14th 2005, 11:45 pm
Forum Regular

jgbreton is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats Peter!
Old Jan 15th 2005, 1:25 am
Corpsicle

nathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the rough

Congratulations Pete, I guess it was good timing going for your medical when you did huh? Or fate

Best of luck.
Old Jan 15th 2005, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsm is an unknown quantity at this point

Hallelujah!
Congratulations Peter, I'm sure that everything will go well. Our actual interview took all of ten minutes, the officer was only interested in our finances, had a quick gander at some of our photos and we were out of there.
There really isn't any logic to the system, you and I filing at the same time, yet having our interviews 9 months apart. Hope that all you folks waiting for two plus years in NYC for your interviews receive good news soon.
Old Jan 15th 2005, 8:52 pm
Corpsicle

nathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by mrsm
Hallelujah!
Hope that all you folks waiting for two plus years in NYC for your interviews receive good news soon.
Thank you. My wife's about fed up with waiting now, and is getting ready to write a few letters to our state's representatives and local congressman.
Old Jan 17th 2005, 12:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you. It's about bloody time they called you!

Originally Posted by nathan barley
Thank you. My wife's about fed up with waiting now, and is getting ready to write a few letters to our state's representatives and local congressman.
Old Jan 17th 2005, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks! Sorry- for some reason I thought your interview was in April, not July. Last year was such a blur...

Hope all is well with you
Cheers
Peter

Originally Posted by mrsm
Hallelujah!
Congratulations Peter, I'm sure that everything will go well. Our actual interview took all of ten minutes, the officer was only interested in our finances, had a quick gander at some of our photos and we were out of there.
There really isn't any logic to the system, you and I filing at the same time, yet having our interviews 9 months apart. Hope that all you folks waiting for two plus years in NYC for your interviews receive good news soon.