Wikiposts

Nyc 90 Day Ead Experience.

Old Sep 2nd 2003, 1:08 pm
Just Joined

Savannah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nyc 90 Day Ead Experience.

Hi everyone,
I filed for aos on 5/20/03 in nyc. I've just received a job offer and needed to get the ead QUICK so we (husband & I ) decided to try and get a walkin card.
We arrived at 11.30pm on 8/28 and were #53. There was a list which everyone signed. The night was okay..we had brought enough blankets and munchies.
At 6.30am the guards had everyone stand in line. They actually followed the list. A couple of people who had cut the line (and weren't on the list) were removed and told to get to line up at the end. Everyone who was on the list managed to get in. They lined us up into two lines of 50. Both lines were directed to rm 102 and given an orange paper which was stamped with the date. We were then directed to the 9fl where we had to fill out a new i-751 application form which we submitted together with the orange paper. They advised us that the procedure could take btwn 4-6hrs therefore we should not make any inquiries until at least 12pm.
They semed to be processing applications very quickly...maybe because it was a holiday weekend?
Anyway, my turn came at 1pm. I was fingerprinted, photographed and out of there with a brand new card at 1.15pm.
My experience wasn't so bad. The employees were quite pleasant. We had read quite a number of negative comments about them so we had braced ourselves for the worst but it wasn't that bad at all.
hope this helps anyone thinking of camping out there.
Savannah.

5/20/03 - filed aos in nyc.
5/27/03 - received yellow receipt.
8/29/03 - received ead.
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

Visitor is an unknown quantity at this point

i have to go down and sort my ead application out, since it is way overdue but what is this about going down and camping out?
is it not possible to get a number and then go back home and come back in the morning?
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 11:19 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Visitor
i have to go down and sort my ead application out, since it is way overdue but what is this about going down and camping out?
is it not possible to get a number and then go back home and come back in the morning?
No. Who do you suppose would give you a number at 11:30 p.m. the night before BCIS opens? There are no security guards handing out tickets. If lucky someone will have a sheet for you to sign but that someone is just another Joe Blow like yourself. As soon as 6 or 7 o'clock rolls around people will be cutting in line and pushing you to the back. You have to hold your ground and not be Mr. Nice Guy because here you will finish last.

There is a MacDonald's across the street which is open 24/7 so you can get something to eat or drink and use the washroom if needed.

Rete
Old Sep 4th 2003, 1:35 am
Forum Regular

Visitor is an unknown quantity at this point

i see, hehehe, sounds like a fun night on the streets of NY.