Ron

"RICKRGRS" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Wow!! I am bouncing off the walls with joy! my fiance is speechelss, my
    > office associates are celebrating 'cause now I can go back to work ;-)I
    > just got confirmation from NVC that my Olya's resubmission name check is
    > done and approved - Moscow will get a cable notice by Tuesday!! Now it's
    > time to track DHL!!
    > Looks like things are moving for others, too!!!
    > Rick
    > --
    > rickrgrs
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jun 13th 2003, 10:46 pm
Kasia

Default Re: NVC and Russian born fiancee

brian09 wrote in message news:...
    > Hello Natalija and all:
    >
    > Well, it seems like everyone is just waiting, waiting, and waiting.
    > Maybe soon it will all be over and everyone will be approved. Some
    > checks seem to take a very long time.
    >
    > We were also planning a trip to Spain and were to be in Costa Dorada for
    > two weeks starting June 21. But we have cancelled that now anticipating
    > that Milla will have her interview in a month and will then be here.
    >
    > I am faxing Warsaw on Sunday telling them we have completed packets
    > three and four and requesting an interview at the earliest appointment
    > date. We had completed everything in advance to expedite things. Will
    > see what happpens. Best Wishes, Brian

Hi my name is Catherine,

My husband had to interview in Warsaw and I think I'll tell you about
it. First take american money. Second take proof of the relationship
lots of it and proof of financial means of support. Third don't be
nervous. The consulate that we talked to there was really very nice.
Aside from telling me I knew zip about wedding costs, well but she was
wrong. Anyways Warsaw is a great city (my husband's Polish so maybe
I'm biased)and it has some lovely romantic parks. At the interview
don't forget to dress up. Good luck.

Old Jun 14th 2003, 12:04 am
Forum Regular

brian09 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Warsaw K1 Q(s):

Originally posted by serg
How far in advance can you prep documents, like:
Police certificate(s),Proof of adequate financial support,
would copy of my divorce paper (US) OK? notarized?
do I need to send her my orig. certificate of naturalization (US) for
an interview? (i was born in Belarus)
FYI: fiance is from Belarus...
Hello Serg,

I don't know where you are in the process but sounds like you haven't filed the I-129F yet. Your proof of eligibility to file must be filed with the I-129F which would include your certificate of naturalization and the divorce papers. The proof of financial support (I-134) can be filed with the I-129F and they will forward it to the consulate or you can have your fiance hand carry it to the interview.

The police certificate does have an expiration (I don't remember if it is six months or a year). There should be sufficient time to get it near the time you expect approval at the BCIS.

You will find many good filing tips on this board.

There is a complete list of all the Warsaw consulate requirements at the Warsaw website, including all requiremnents for packet 3 and 4 which you might find useful.

http://www.usinfo.pl/consular/iv/fiance.htm

Good luck, Brian
Old Jun 14th 2003, 12:10 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: NVC and Russian born fiancee

Originally posted by Kasia
brian09 wrote in message news:...
    > Hello Natalija and all:
    >
    > Well, it seems like everyone is just waiting, waiting, and waiting.
    > Maybe soon it will all be over and everyone will be approved. Some
    > checks seem to take a very long time.
    >
    > We were also planning a trip to Spain and were to be in Costa Dorada for
    > two weeks starting June 21. But we have cancelled that now anticipating
    > that Milla will have her interview in a month and will then be here.
    >
    > I am faxing Warsaw on Sunday telling them we have completed packets
    > three and four and requesting an interview at the earliest appointment
    > date. We had completed everything in advance to expedite things. Will
    > see what happpens. Best Wishes, Brian

Hi my name is Catherine,

My husband had to interview in Warsaw and I think I'll tell you about
it. First take american money. Second take proof of the relationship
lots of it and proof of financial means of support. Third don't be
nervous. The consulate that we talked to there was really very nice.
Aside from telling me I knew zip about wedding costs, well but she was
wrong. Anyways Warsaw is a great city (my husband's Polish so maybe
I'm biased)and it has some lovely romantic parks. At the interview
don't forget to dress up. Good luck.
Hello Catherine,

Thanks for the good tips. We'll be doing this in about a month. Brian
Old Jun 14th 2003, 4:09 am
Dreamer

OlenkaKyiv will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The sands of time slip slowly through the hour glass

Originally posted by David9287
Hello,
my name is david. Can some on bring me up to speed regarding the "second" name check? Will it apply to all former Soviet countries? My fiancee, Olena, was born in Sumy Ukraine and raised in Odessa Ukraine. Also, please tell me why we didn't marry abroad and apply for a K-3 through the VSC instead of a K-1 through the NSC? Desperately seeking Olena.
I-129F- March 6, 2003
NOA1- March 7, 2003
100 Days and waiting!
Wooo.... hooo HI David!!!
I have searched for someone who has fiancee in Ukraine for long time here and I was even surprised to see your post , because I thought that none is going throught Ukraine at all.
I am Unkrainian girl whose name like your fiancee has and I am going through NSC unfortunately it is my 135 th day now of waiting and I am not sure that i will get my approval on 145 th day as Brian said, but who knows

Actually after my fiance filled I-129F petition for K1 Visa out and sent to NSC, I have found the information that it would be faster to marry in Kiev and then to fill papers out through Warsaw. It would take around 2-3 months but it was too late. I don't know how it is possible to do now, because K1 Visas are issused by Kiev since 2nd of June. Probably K3 Visa is obtained in Warsaw like it was before, because Kiev US Embassy doesn't issu Immigrants visas till probably 2005.

As you are going through K1 visa process, your Olena will have to go to Kiev for the interview. I think it is good as it is less expances and she won't have long way to Warsaw I think Kiev did very good work about K1 Visa preparations. The process will be the same like in Warsaw, so you can read everything on the Warsaw site. When you are close to Approval, email to Embassy and you will get full Instruction (better even than Warsaw did )

It is a pity that your 1st NOA from March and my interview will be far from her.... I am strong by my spirit, but I would like to share my worries and preparations with someone else

Oh..... Olena won't have a name check as she was born and lived and live in Ukraine. I am happy that she and I won't have additional waiting

If you have nay questions, I am always here

Olenka
Old Jun 14th 2003, 4:11 am
Dreamer

Originally posted by David9287
To Rick and brian...... thanks for the info ;-) Very best of luck to both of you. Thanks d.
oops.... I just saw that you are from Colorado My fiance is from Colorado Springs Maybe after this terrible process we wil meet on dinner some day

Olenka
Old Jun 14th 2003, 4:14 am
Dreamer

Default Re: NVC approval on resubmit!

Originally posted by RICKRGRS
Wow!! I am bouncing off the walls with joy! my fiance is speechelss, my office associates are celebrating 'cause now I can go back to work ;-)I just got confirmation from NVC that my Olya's resubmission name check is done and approved - Moscow will get a cable notice by Tuesday!! Now it's time to track DHL!!
Looks like things are moving for others, too!!!
Rick
Coool.... i am so happy about it. Hope you will see each other soon and then long waiting will be forgotten forever at least try to forget it Keep us informed

Olenka
Old Jun 14th 2003, 4:19 am
Dreamer

Originally posted by brian09
Hello Natalija and all:

Well, it seems like everyone is just waiting, waiting, and waiting. Maybe soon it will all be over and everyone will be approved. Some checks seem to take a very long time.

We were also planning a trip to Spain and were to be in Costa Dorada for two weeks starting June 21. But we have cancelled that now anticipating that Milla will have her interview in a month and will then be here.

I am faxing Warsaw on Sunday telling them we have completed packets three and four and requesting an interview at the earliest appointment date. We had completed everything in advance to expedite things. Will see what happpens. Best Wishes, Brian
Hi Brian,
Wish you to have fun vacation in Spain and short waiting in Warsaw I thought that my approval will be soon after yours but as you see we suppose, but God has own plan for us

Good luck to you and your Milla

Olenka
Old Jun 14th 2003, 4:20 am
Dreamer

Originally posted by brian09
Hello Natalija and all:

Well, it seems like everyone is just waiting, waiting, and waiting. Maybe soon it will all be over and everyone will be approved. Some checks seem to take a very long time.

We were also planning a trip to Spain and were to be in Costa Dorada for two weeks starting June 21. But we have cancelled that now anticipating that Milla will have her interview in a month and will then be here.

I am faxing Warsaw on Sunday telling them we have completed packets three and four and requesting an interview at the earliest appointment date. We had completed everything in advance to expedite things. Will see what happpens. Best Wishes, Brian
Hi Brian,
Wish you to have fun vacation in Spain and short waiting in Warsaw I thought that my approval will be soon after yours but as you see we suppose, but God has own plan for us I thought I would go through Warsaw and searched for information about it, now I will have my interview in Kiev ..... searching again

Olenka
Old Jun 14th 2003, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by OlenkaKyiv
Hi Brian,
Wish you to have fun vacation in Spain and short waiting in Warsaw I thought that my approval will be soon after yours but as you see we suppose, but God has own plan for us I thought I would go through Warsaw and searched for information about it, now I will have my interview in Kiev ..... searching again

Olenka
Hello Olenka,

Your approval should be coming soon. NSC has its own way of doing things, very, very, slowly.

We actually cancelled our vacation in Spain because we got approved so quickly at NVC. We expect to be together in about a month so there is no need to meet there!!

You raise an interesting question about the consulate in Kiev processing applications for the K1 visa. Does that mean all I129F applications that say Warsaw, Poland will continue on their way to Warsaw and only new applications, those that say Kiev, Ukraine will be processed in Kiev?

If you look back on your I129F, I am sure you and your fiance indicated your file should be forwarded to Warsaw, Poland. That may be where it will be sent unless they have made plans to divert them to Kiev. Just an interesting question. Hope yours gets to Kiev. Best Wishes, Brian
Old Jun 14th 2003, 6:48 pm
Dreamer

Hi Brian,
Thanks for your nice wishes. I am an optimistic, so I think my fiance and I will have recieve soon. Anyway if it is going so long, so probably it must be so

Novacation to Spain? Well... I think you will have much more fun time after you are together in US
You raise an interesting question about the consulate in Kiev processing applications for the K1 visa. Does that mean all I129F applications that say Warsaw, Poland will continue on their way to Warsaw and only new applications, those that say Kiev, Ukraine will be processed in Kiev?

If you look back on your I129F, I am sure you and your fiance indicated your file should be forwarded to Warsaw, Poland. That may be where it will be sent unless they have made plans to divert them to Kiev. Just an interesting question. Hope yours gets to Kiev. Best Wishes, Brian
oh.... first when i read your post I was scared that I was wrong and my case would go through Warsaw anyway and I started to gather information for Kiev. But then I reread the answer-email from US Embassy in Kiev and now I reassured myself that we will go through Kiev

From the press release posted on US Embassy in Kiev http://www.usembassy.kiev.ua/press/0...etter_eng.html
"Third, on June 2, 2003, we will begin issuing fiancee visas in Kiev. This is the first step in issuing all immigrant visas in Kiev, rather than in Warsaw. This will apply to new petitions only; any petitions already sent to the American Embassy in Warsaw will have their processing completed there."

I think that our petition will be new one, because it will be a month aproximitly from 2nd of June till our approval. Moreover they told "already sent to the American Embassy in Warsaw will have their processing completed there".

Anyway we will be able to check the place of K1 visa issue.

From the email of US Embassy in Kiev:
"Kiev did start processing K1 visas since June, 2. Some cases were still forwarded to Warsaw lately. Please, check the approval notice when you receive it for the approved case number. If the approved case number starts with WRW - the petition is forwarded to Warsaw, if with KEV - to Kiev."

Frankly speaking I have no idea how good Kiev US Embassy will work with K1 Visa process, but I was glad to read profecionally done Guide of Fiancee visa processing.
2 days ago I was near Embassy and there was not any new information about this process except the same info which I have found on Embassy's site.

I keep my fingers crossed First - because of NSC, and second - because of US Embassy .... lol.... actually like everyone involved in K process

Olenka