Wikiposts

NVC email address?

Old Apr 26th 2004, 3:45 am
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough
Default NVC email address?

Does the National Visa Center (NVC) in New Hampshire have an email address to find out whether or not they have recieved your case?
Old Apr 26th 2004, 3:46 am
Queen of the Obvious

KimJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NVC email address?

Originally posted by mcjimbo
Does the National Visa Center (NVC) in New Hampshire have an email address to find out whether or not they have recieved your case?
No email, I don't think.

You can call them though, 603-334-0700
Old Apr 26th 2004, 3:48 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, no email address, but the phone number for the NVC will be listed on the second NOA.

You CAN NOT use the automated phone system for information regarding K visas. You have to speak directly to an operator. The recording will tell you that there is a high volume of calls and to call back later---if you get that, just hang up and try again. If it says that there is "between X minutes and X minutes" wait time, stay on the line. I found it's usually quicker than they estimate (imagine that!)

~SecretGarden
P.S. There have been some posts where the phone number has been listed----try doing a search or looking at the second NOA. It's on there.
Old Apr 28th 2004, 9:22 am

Thanks SG, as always.

Well Angie NVC called yesterday, but it was after 5pm, and she couldn't get through to anyone.

Anyway she tried again today and pretended she didn't have a touch dial phone, and tried to get through to an operator. She said that she just got disconnected!

We are getting a little worried. One thing i'm not sure of it to NVC notify the U.S. citizen (Angie) by mail letting her know they've recieved the case and its on its way to London or what?

It just most people i've seen who post recently have got there Packet 3 within 2-3 weeks. I emailed London on Monday and they said they haven't recieved our case yet.

Should I be worried. What can I do for piece of mind, can anyone give me a direct number to the NVC (other than the one listed on the 2nd NOA)???? Should we contact our congressman, senator or write a letter or email to someone?

It just July 10 is getting really close, and i've got to resign from work and fly out for my wedding at least 10 days before the wedding. So I hope you can understand my frustration. Everyone says the process flys after your 2nd NOA. I just hope thats the case with ours......

Thanks in advance

James

Last edited by mcjimbo; Apr 28th 2004 at 9:46 am.
Old Apr 28th 2004, 10:11 am

Also anyone know what could cause delays or any kinds..... sorry im going insane here waiting
Old Apr 28th 2004, 11:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Read what SG said above Jim. Tell Angie to follow the instructions in the automated system to get to a live operator. There is no need for her to pretend to not have a touch-tone phone. Unfortunately the phone number posted above is the only means of contact for NVC. They are open to around 6pm Eastern Time if I remember correctly.

Ours only took a week or so to get through the NVC, and then took another 5 days or so I think to get to London. Think of the NVC as a pass-through. Your petition gets entered into the system, they assign it a number, then forward it on to London. That's it.

Yes, they will send Angie a letter telling her that the petition was sent on to London. I got ours about 3 days or so after we found out from a live person. Don't freak out, just have a bit of patience (I know, easier said than done). Lately, I think they have been bombarded with petitions, and have been telling people that it could take 6 weeks to forward it on. But I think the 6 wk answer is just a standard answer. Keep your shirt on for a wee bit yet.

Jamie

Thanks SG, as always.

Well Angie NVC called yesterday, but it was after 5pm, and she couldn't get through to anyone.

Anyway she tried again today and pretended she didn't have a touch dial phone, and tried to get through to an operator. She said that she just got disconnected!

We are getting a little worried. One thing i'm not sure of it to NVC notify the U.S. citizen (Angie) by mail letting her know they've recieved the case and its on its way to London or what?

It just most people i've seen who post recently have got there Packet 3 within 2-3 weeks. I emailed London on Monday and they said they haven't recieved our case yet.

Should I be worried. What can I do for piece of mind, can anyone give me a direct number to the NVC (other than the one listed on the 2nd NOA)???? Should we contact our congressman, senator or write a letter or email to someone?

It just July 10 is getting really close, and i've got to resign from work and fly out for my wedding at least 10 days before the wedding. So I hope you can understand my frustration. Everyone says the process flys after your 2nd NOA. I just hope thats the case with ours......

Thanks in advance

James
Old Apr 28th 2004, 8:05 pm

Thanka alot for the reassurances sunflwrgrl13. I guess just like when we found out about our RFE from the Senator I would like to know something good or bad, from NVC.

I will get Angie to call again and follow your instructions. I really hope theres no problems, thats all we need!
Old Apr 29th 2004, 1:51 am
Skyscrapered

Haggischomper has a spectacular aura aboutHaggischomper has a spectacular aura aboutHaggischomper has a spectacular aura about

Thanka alot for the reassurances sunflwrgrl13. I guess just like when we found out about our RFE from the Senator I would like to know something good or bad, from NVC.

I will get Angie to call again and follow your instructions. I really hope theres no problems, thats all we need!
I'm in exactly the same boat except my wedding day is June 26th. Panic is slowly starting to set in.....
Old Apr 29th 2004, 1:57 am

Oh my god just got this email from London!!!!

We have today received your approved petition and the Immigrant Visa Unit
have just informed me that they have sent out a new IV-15 for you to
complete and return to us.

Thank you for your email correspondence.

Consular Information Unit
U.S. Embassy London
CONS/CIU/GMS

Thankyou god!!! I'm so happy. Haggischomper email them with you names and receipt number, they may have yours to!!!! Wouldn't it be cool if we had our interview the same day!

Man i'm so excited!!!! London interview here I come!

Last edited by mcjimbo; Apr 29th 2004 at 2:04 am.
Old Apr 29th 2004, 2:27 am
Skyscrapered

Haggischomper has a spectacular aura aboutHaggischomper has a spectacular aura aboutHaggischomper has a spectacular aura about

Thankyou god!!! I'm so happy. Haggischomper email them with you names and receipt number, they may have yours to!!!! Wouldn't it be cool if we had our interview the same day!

That's great news, man! You wouldn't happen to have the address handy would you and I shall pop them a wee email?
Old Apr 29th 2004, 2:28 am

Originally posted by Haggischomper
That's great news, man! You wouldn't happen to have the address handy would you and I shall pop them a wee email?
Yes I do, here you go:

[email protected]

Email them now, they've respond to my emails i just sent within 5 minutes!!!!

Here is the email i used if you want to send something similar:

To Whom It May Concern,

We recieved our 2nd NOA from Nebraska on April 9th. I've been told in
generally takes 2 weeks after that for you to recieve our case and forward
me Packet 3. However here I sit almost 3 weeks later with no word.

Could you please confirm for me whether or not you, or NVC have our case?

My U.S. Fiancee's name is Angie ......... , my name is James ...........

Our Application Receipt Number on our 2nd NOA is: LIN...............

My current UK address is:

My date of birth is:

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

James
Old Apr 29th 2004, 2:36 am
Skyscrapered

Yes I do, here you go:

[email protected]

Email them now, they've respond to my emails i just sent within 5 minutes!!!!

Here is the email i used if you want to send something similar:
Good man, thanks. Couldn't find the address on their site.
Old Apr 29th 2004, 2:46 am

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Cool!!!! D'ya ever notice that as soon as you start really panicking about something, someone up there hears your plea and helps out? Not long now, you two!!!

Kate. xxx
Old Apr 29th 2004, 2:52 am

Originally posted by katesuiter1
Cool!!!! D'ya ever notice that as soon as you start really panicking about something, someone up there hears your plea and helps out? Not long now, you two!!!

Kate. xxx
Hahahaha yeah i know, funny. Maybe my stress is like a good news radar or something. LOL
Old Apr 29th 2004, 2:55 am
BE Enthusiast

MrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really nice

James,
Im glad to hear its all moving nicely along now (about time too).
I hope your interview comes through without delay.

What are your plans in regard to booking a flight (the final one !) to the US. Are you going to take a chance and book the flight for the day or two after the interview as soon as you know the date or wait and just try to get one as soon as the visa in in hand (at a higher price of course) ?. I ask as Im wondering what to do myself !

Niall

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.