Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

NVC Approval Process - Need Guidance

NVC Approval Process - Need Guidance

Old Mar 28th 2009, 5:06 pm
Just Joined

UKDoc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NVC Approval Process - Need Guidance

Hi,
I'm a UKC (beneficiary) whose husband (USC) has filed for immigration visa through CR-1 process. We recently got approval on our I-130 application which has now moved on to the National Visa Center in New Hempshire.

I've been researching posts on the DS-3032, DS-230 and I-864 requirements and have a couple of questions.

1. As per LynAnnC's recommendation on this forum, I sent an email to [email protected] with all my DS-3032 information. I got an auto-reply that did not provide any specific instructions. What should I do to make sure that my DS-3032 email gets processed?

2. My husband last night got a letter from NVC with information on DS-3032 and Affidavit of Support fee payment information. He logged on to the State Dept. website and paid the $70 fee. He got a response from the "[email protected]" stating:

The U.S. Department of State's online Immigrant Visa Invoice Payment Center has been utilized to pay the fees associated with the immigrant visa application of PRINCIPAL APPLICANT NAME NOT FOUND.

Can someone please what this means?

Any guidance would be much appreciated.
Old Mar 28th 2009, 6:34 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NVC Approval Process - Need Guidance

I have a feeling that you're just waiting for the case input to get caught up in the system; check back on our Monday and see if it's been updated? Then post back and someone will come out of the woodwork with some info.

I do know that it's common to have a few days lag between and activity and them registering that it happened.
You must have an NVC case number (LNDxxxxx) and you entered it with your inquiries? Your USC will also be able to speak to a person at NVC during the week if that becomes necessary. Stay on it this week.
Old Mar 28th 2009, 7:22 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Meauxna. I entered the right case number both in my DS-3032 email to NVC and the fee payment for AOS via the online system. We'd follow up with NVC as you suggest on Monday.
Old Mar 29th 2009, 8:50 pm
Just Joined

MagStu is an unknown quantity at this point

I am doing the same thing as you are. We have paid the $70 - I got the same response in my email. It is an automated response. When you enter your case number and invoice number, it should show that it is paid. It takes a few days. However, saying that, we were then told that we could go on and pay the $400 for the next stage. I paid it on Fri 3/20 and expected to find it paid on 3/23 but on the Saturday 3/21 I put in our case number and invoice number and it came up paid. So we started to get the documents together for this next stage. Yesterday, 3/28, I received 3 of those automated responses, sent at 1:15 am, 3:49am and 11:25am. When I put in my case number and invoice number it now says not paid. So I will be calling NVC tomorrow because the $400 was taken out of my bank on 3/23!!!!!!
Old Mar 29th 2009, 11:00 pm
Just Joined

MagStu: Thanks for sharing your experience.

Can someone comment on my DS-3032 question as well, which was:

1. As per LynAnnC's recommendation on this forum, I sent an email to [email protected] with all my DS-3032 information. I got an auto-reply that did not provide any specific instructions. What should I do to make sure that my DS-3032 email gets processed?

Many thanks in advance.
Old Mar 30th 2009, 12:10 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKDoc
What should I do to make sure that my DS-3032 email gets processed?
Are you asking whether there is some way you can ensure that they respond to your email? There isn't.

Ian