Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old May 27th 2014, 6:46 am
Just Joined

vpodila is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by keyman48
Received email today requesting passport to be sent :-) Interview was on 3rd December.
Which visa have you applied for

Thanks
varun
Old May 27th 2014, 6:57 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vpodila
Hello

I had Attended H1B visa in London Embassy on 02 Jan 2014 and issued 221(g) White slip and said your case required some administrative Process and we wil get back to you by email soon and gave back my Passport. once we get back to you the Visa office said to send me the passport and no need to attend the interview again.

Waited for 5 months now and the status shows ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESS from day 1 till now. they not even requested me for additional documents and no response from them

Have any other face the same like me and waiting. How many days are you waiting from?

Thanks

Varun
Administrative Processing is different than applying for a waiver which is being discussed in this thread.

Unfortunately AP takes as long as it takes. There is no time frame, each case is very much different. It can take months it can take a lot longer. Some have waited a year or more. There is no way to find out in any case where you are in the process or how long it will take.,
Old May 27th 2014, 8:23 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vpodila
I had Attended H1B visa in London Embassy on 02 Jan 2014 and issued 221(g) White slip and said your case required some administrative Process and we wil get back to you by email soon and gave back my Passport.
You are in administrative processing... that has nothing whatsoever to do with the issue being discussed in this thread.

Administrative processing can take 2 weeks... or it can take 2 years. There's no way to find out how long it will take; no way to find out where in the process you are; and no way to find out how much longer it's going to be. There is nothing you can do but wait... nothing at all.

Ian
Old May 27th 2014, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

EmmaW1 is an unknown quantity at this point

ADVICE NEEDED PLEASE - my email came on the 2nd May sadly 1 day before my family flew out to orlando for the holiday I had hoped to join them on. These things happen Visa was dated 14.05.2014 and expires 11.05.2015 with multiple visits.

The family holiday is now being replanned for September 2015, can anyone help me with the following:-

1. Can I reapply for another waiver / visa whilst the one I have is still in date?
2. Does applying for another cancel the one I have already?
3. Do 2nd and subsequent visas take as long as the first one?
4. On the basis that there were no further convictions, would there be any reason not to be recommended for another or is it just down to the officer you see on the day?
5. If I were not recommended for another or a 2nd was denied on processing, would it cancel the one I already have?

Any advice would be really gratefully received so that I can try and plan what to do next

Many thanks
Old May 27th 2014, 11:27 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmmaW1
ADVICE NEEDED PLEASE - my email came on the 2nd May sadly 1 day before my family flew out to orlando for the holiday I had hoped to join them on. These things happen Visa was dated 14.05.2014 and expires 11.05.2015 with multiple visits.

The family holiday is now being replanned for September 2015, can anyone help me with the following:-

1. Can I reapply for another waiver / visa whilst the one I have is still in date?
2. Does applying for another cancel the one I have already?
3. Do 2nd and subsequent visas take as long as the first one?
4. On the basis that there were no further convictions, would there be any reason not to be recommended for another or is it just down to the officer you see on the day?
5. If I were not recommended for another or a 2nd was denied on processing, would it cancel the one I already have?

Any advice would be really gratefully received so that I can try and plan what to do next

Many thanks
1) You can apply for a new visa at any time.

2) Your existing visa will, in all likelihood, be "cancelled without prejudice" when a new visa is granted.

3) Any new application will take a similar amount of time to process. As you will need another waiver of ineligibility, this is going to be 20+ weeks again.

4) All other things been equal, having already been recommended for a waiver once already, you should be recommended for one again on a subsequent application.

5) Unsure but I doubt it, as long as the existing visa was still in date.
Old May 27th 2014, 11:33 pm
Forum Regular

thanks materialcontroller, do you think the existing visa would be cancelled when the recommendation is made or when the next visa is granted? I am just trying to time going to the embassy as my partner and I may go away to the US next February and don't want to jeopardise that trip if I can help it x
Old May 27th 2014, 11:45 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

thanks materialcontroller, do you think the existing visa would be cancelled when the recommendation is made or when the next visa is granted? I am just trying to time going to the embassy as my partner and I may go away to the US next February and don't want to jeopardise that trip if I can help it x
When I applied for my 2nd visa, my 1st one (which had already expired) was cancelled at my consulate interview.

I don't know for certain, but I suspect that if your existing visa was still valid it wouldn't be cancelled until the time a new visa was granted and superseded it (ie. it would be cancelled when you send off your passport for the new visa to be issued).
Old May 28th 2014, 12:28 am
Forum Regular

thank you materialcontroller x
Old May 28th 2014, 4:07 am
Just Joined

keyman48 is an unknown quantity at this point

Passport came back today, B1/B2 visa only valid 6 months with multiple entries, thought first visa was usually 1 year. Has anyone else had this?
Original interview was on 3rd dec 2013, so just under 6 months guess I should apply again straight away!

Last edited by keyman48; May 28th 2014 at 4:26 am.
Old May 28th 2014, 6:00 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by keyman48
Passport came back today, B1/B2 visa only valid 6 months with multiple entries, thought first visa was usually 1 year. Has anyone else had this?
Original interview was on 3rd dec 2013, so just under 6 months guess I should apply again straight away!
There is no standard validity attached to visas. It's all based on the circumstances of each individual case.

My first B visa was valid for 12 months but only allowed 1 single entry to the USA, for example.
Old May 28th 2014, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

random question and I know each case is individual etc but the 1st visa ive just been granted is for multiple entry, is the 2nd likely to be multiple as well or is it a lucky dip?
Old May 28th 2014, 10:31 pm
Account Closed

random question and I know each case is individual etc but the 1st visa ive just been granted is for multiple entry, is the 2nd likely to be multiple as well or is it a lucky dip?
It's likely yes, but these things can change at any time.
Old May 28th 2014, 10:53 pm
Forum Regular

thanks materialcontroller, am I also right in thinking that if you reapply less than 12 months after your last application that you have to seek permission and cannot make the application immediately?? I am sure I hve been told something like this before
Old May 29th 2014, 1:02 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... am I also right in thinking that if you reapply less than 12 months after your last application that you have to seek permission and cannot make the application immediately?
This doesn't sound right. AFAIK, anyone can apply for a visa at any time without first getting permission to apply.

Ian
Old May 29th 2014, 1:04 am
Forum Regular

ok thanks Ian. When I went last time I phoned first and was told that if you went less than 1 year after your last appointment you had to get permission, Perhaps I misunderstood or got hold of someone who misunderstood what I was asking. Thanks anyway

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.