Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Apr 23rd 2014, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

EmmaW1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

I cannot understand what takes so long lol
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 10:32 pm
Forum Regular

sevorg is an unknown quantity at this point

RE secondary processing
Just some information that might be useful.
I have a B2 with waiver of ineligibility, twice I have entered the US (at DFW) and each time I have been sent to secondary.
Each time I was sent to a room with a number of people waiting, after about an hour I was given my passport back, at no time was I asked any questions.
The second time, when walking to the room, the CBP agent told me that all they were doing were checking that I had not committed any crimes since the waiver had been granted. He added that they were supposed to do this with the API before I arrived but this was dependent on manpower.
He also said that I would have to go through this each time I arrived.
He did mention that I could get “a pardon from the Texas State Governor to prevent this” which I thought was a little strange.
As an aside, I did write to the State Governor but as I expected, his office replied that the Governor could only grant “pardons” to US citizens.
Old Apr 24th 2014, 12:41 am
Forum Regular

that is really useful sevorg thank you, it is something that is really worrying me x
Old Apr 24th 2014, 1:22 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmmaW1
I cannot understand what takes so long lol
Really? It's because there are many, many people ahead of you in line! Each one requires verification of the issues for their specific case - and, quite simply, that takes time. Most of the 25-30 weeks is spent waiting for your case file to come to the top of the pile. Once it's there, things will move very quickly. The thing is, you have no idea exactly how many people are ahead of you... so there's no way to know, for sure, how long it will take!

Ian
Old Apr 24th 2014, 1:28 am
Forum Regular

very true ian-mstm I guess you don't appreciate that there are applications coming from all over the world and who knows how big the department is dealing with them. I hit week 22 yesterday so hopefully it won't be much longer. I think it is the secondary bit that is worrying me more. My parents are planning on taking us on holiday and I cannot bear the thought of their faces if I am refused entry and they loose all the cost of the holiday. It doesn't bear thinking about.
Old Apr 24th 2014, 2:42 am
Forum Regular

ireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really nice

very true ian-mstm I guess you don't appreciate that there are applications coming from all over the world and who knows how big the department is dealing with them. I hit week 22 yesterday so hopefully it won't be much longer. I think it is the secondary bit that is worrying me more. My parents are planning on taking us on holiday and I cannot bear the thought of their faces if I am refused entry and they loose all the cost of the holiday. It doesn't bear thinking about.
Hi everyone,

Just a quick update, I've had my email for me to send my passport off for my waiver, had email at 15:33.

Thought if let you know, I will update more tomorrow as I'm in work not until 23:15, typical eh!
Old Apr 24th 2014, 2:44 am
Forum Regular

yay!!!!!!!! congrats ireallywannago I am so pleased for you. Im 12 days behind you so hopefully mine wont be much longer. Did the email say what you had been granted?
Old Apr 24th 2014, 3:05 am
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sevorg
RE secondary processing
Just some information that might be useful.
I have a B2 with waiver of ineligibility, twice I have entered the US (at DFW) and each time I have been sent to secondary.
Each time I was sent to a room with a number of people waiting, after about an hour I was given my passport back, at no time was I asked any questions.
The second time, when walking to the room, the CBP agent told me that all they were doing were checking that I had not committed any crimes since the waiver had been granted. He added that they were supposed to do this with the API before I arrived but this was dependent on manpower.
He also said that I would have to go through this each time I arrived.
He did mention that I could get “a pardon from the Texas State Governor to prevent this” which I thought was a little strange.
As an aside, I did write to the State Governor but as I expected, his office replied that the Governor could only grant “pardons” to US citizens.
The Gov of Texas can only pardon crimes from Texas. Foreign pardons are not recognized so if your crime was foreign, then a pardon would not alleviate your need for a waiver.
Old Apr 24th 2014, 3:24 am
Forum Regular

ireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really nice

yay!!!!!!!! congrats ireallywannago I am so pleased for you. Im 12 days behind you so hopefully mine wont be much longer. Did the email say what you had been granted?
Nope didn't say anything about what I've been issued. This is what is said

A U.S. Department of State Consulate officer located in London has indicated that follow-up actions are required for the following applicant(s).

Applicant Status
Mark Needs Follow-Up Documents
Consular Section Comments:

Please submit passport for visa issuance. Note that you have 30 days from today in which to resubmit your passport. Please be advised that if your passport is not received within this time your application will experience even further delays. You are NOT required to submit any other additional supporting documents

Please log into your user account and follow the system instructions.

Best regards,

The Yatri Visa Appointment and Information Service Team

Hope this helps
Old Apr 24th 2014, 3:26 am
Forum Regular

im so pleased for you xxx car hire here you come lol
Old Apr 24th 2014, 3:29 am
Forum Regular

im so pleased for you xxx car hire here you come lol
I know, it's just a shame I'm in work and I can't do anything lol. Im feeling quite "ill" at the moment and may need to go home? Wonder if that will work lol.
Yours won't be long Emma, you won't have any problems. It's just the waiting

Mark.

Last edited by ireallywannago; Apr 24th 2014 at 3:40 am.
Old Apr 24th 2014, 4:08 am
Forum Regular

linsay is an unknown quantity at this point

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!
Mark I am so happy for you well done now you can plan your holiday!!! hopefully we won't be long as my husband went 4 days after you!!!
Linsay X
Old Apr 24th 2014, 4:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by linsay
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!
Mark I am so happy for you well done now you can plan your holiday!!! hopefully we won't be long as my husband went 4 days after you!!!
Linsay X
Don't know if they send the emails out on Weekends if not, Tuesday the latest a for you linsay!
Old Apr 24th 2014, 4:15 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by linsay
hopefully we won't be long as my husband went 4 days after you!!!
With respect, you're trying to draw a time-based relationship when, in fact, it has nothing to do with when you applied. It has to do with how many people are still ahead of you in line. If only a handful of people applied during those 4 days, then it might take 4 days or fewer to get to your case file. If 850 people applied during those 4 days, then it's going to take several weeks or more before your paperwork comes to the top of the pile even if your husband went for an interview only 4 days later.

Ian
Old Apr 24th 2014, 4:38 am
Forum Regular

Right, need some help. I have had 2 emails from the is consulate people first email was this:

A U.S. Department of State Consulate officer located in #<Consulate:0x0000000acd7508> has indicated that additional documents are required for

Mark

Please log into your user account at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-GB/niv/account and follow the system instructions to generate instructions on how to send Visa application documents to the U.S. consulate.

Best regards,

Then the second email says this:

A U.S. Department of State Consulate officer located in London has indicated that follow-up actions are required for the following applicant(s).

Applicant Status
Mark Needs Follow-Up Documents
Consular Section Comments:

Please submit passport for visa issuance. Note that you have 30 days from today in which to resubmit your passport. Please be advised that if your passport is not received within this time your application will experience even further delays. You are NOT required to submit any other additional supporting documents

Please log into your user account at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-GB/niv/account and follow the system instructions.

Best regards,

So I'm quite confused, the first email is saying I need to send off additional documents to the consulate. But then the second email straight after says I do NOT need to send additional documents just my passport??

I hope I haven't been excited for nothing? Can anyone help? Is the first email a mistake ?

Mark.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.