Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Apr 15th 2014, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

ireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really nice
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

I know, there's so much that we could buy and it's so tempting, like purchasing car hire through Alamo, as it's really cheap at te moment, and you can cancel free of charge, but I won't jinx myself, but you have to try and not get ahead and think as tho I'm going to get the visa.

Mark.
Old Apr 15th 2014, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

linsay is an unknown quantity at this point

Think you will get your visa, don't think they would recommend a waiver if there was no chance of getting one Can't wait now! think you should get yours before ours so keep me updated! fingers and toes crossed!
Old Apr 15th 2014, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

ireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really nice

Originally Posted by linsay
Think you will get your visa, don't think they would recommend a waiver if there was no chance of getting one Can't wait now! think you should get yours before ours so keep me updated! fingers and toes crossed!
Hi linsay, thanks you very much, that's very kind of you to say,

I will let you know as soon as I get the email saying, yes/no

Mark.
Old Apr 15th 2014, 11:12 pm
Just Joined

skishlee is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all. I've been reading this thread for a little while now but haven't posted before. I'm from Australia and this is probably the best thread I've come across that talks about waivers.

My husband is currently waiting for a reply to his waiver. He had his interview in Melbourne on November 21 and tomorrow will be 21 weeks. We were given two different timeframes (5 months/27 weeks). I am hoping that we might know by the end of May which will be around 6 months.

We are hoping to go in April next year. It was going to be December but April is a bit cheaper and won't be too cold!

Good luck to those waiting, I hope you get a yes!
Old Apr 15th 2014, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by skishlee
Hi all. I've been reading this thread for a little while now but haven't posted before. I'm from Australia and this is probably the best thread I've come across that talks about waivers.

My husband is currently waiting for a reply to his waiver. He had his interview in Melbourne on November 21 and tomorrow will be 21 weeks. We were given two different timeframes (5 months/27 weeks). I am hoping that we might know by the end of May which will be around 6 months.

We are hoping to go in April next year. It was going to be December but April is a bit cheaper and won't be too cold!

Good luck to those waiting, I hope you get a yes!
Hi, welcome and i hope your husband has his visa too.
Mark.
Old Apr 16th 2014, 1:57 am
Forum Regular

Charley241179 is just really niceCharley241179 is just really niceCharley241179 is just really niceCharley241179 is just really niceCharley241179 is just really niceCharley241179 is just really niceCharley241179 is just really niceCharley241179 is just really nice

Do u think it depends on the severity of the crime, as how long the processing takes and how long ago? Or is it done in order and in a pile they just have to work through
Old Apr 16th 2014, 3:06 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charley241179
Do u think it depends on the severity of the crime, as how long the processing takes and how long ago?
If the crime was severe enough, a waiver would not be an option and the visa would simply be denied... so, no, I don't think the severity of the crime is an issue.

Ian
Old Apr 16th 2014, 4:39 am
Forum Regular

I definitely agree with you Ian
Old Apr 16th 2014, 4:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Charley241179
Do u think it depends on the severity of the crime, as how long the processing takes and how long ago? Or is it done in order and in a pile they just have to work through
I think it do take different times as everyones case is different, perhaps the people doing the visas, deal with all types of visa, marriage, waivers, work. Or perhaps not, we will never know lol
Mark.
Old Apr 16th 2014, 6:30 am
Forum Regular

Hi Mark yeah it's all speculation we will never know what goes on! I should imagine they have all sorts to deal with Just fed up of checking email every hour!!
Old Apr 16th 2014, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

I know, the last stretch seems to take forever lol.
Old Apr 16th 2014, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

EmmaW1 is an unknown quantity at this point

what is the purpose of the secondary processing? I thought once you had a waiver that was it? Am I likely to get refused at 2nd screening as if that's a possibility I would rather forget it and go somewhere else x im not putting my family through that
Old Apr 16th 2014, 9:51 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmmaW1
what is the purpose of the secondary processing? I thought once you had a waiver that was it? Am I likely to get refused at 2nd screening as if that's a possibility I would rather forget it and go somewhere else x im not putting my family through that
Anyone other than a US citizen can always be refused entry into the United States. Are you likely to be refused in secondary - no, could you be refused - yes.
Old Apr 16th 2014, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

n1cholas90 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by EmmaW1
It is a possibility for ANYBODY who is not a US citizen to be denied entry. Is it likely that you will get refused entry? No, you should be absolutely fine.
Old Apr 17th 2014, 2:51 am
Forum Regular

I wouldn't have thought they would refuse you entry if nothing has changed since you were given the waiver by DHS

Mark.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.