Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Apr 4th 2014, 11:46 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by Kaz1234
Hi Charley,

It was around 26 weeks.

Mark, it is my first waiver.

Will keep you updated once my passport arrives.

Thank you

Kaz.
As it's your first waiver, I'm going to bet it will be for 12 months and multiple entries. Will be nice to get your update for real after you receive your passport back.
Old Apr 5th 2014, 12:37 am
Forum Regular

ireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really nice

Do they issue anything less than 12 months on the first 1, because, if I get accepted my 24 weeks are at the last week of April, if it comes before that and they give me a six month one, my holiday starts 30th? Ill have to bring it forward, and change holidays in work and everything?

Mark.
Old Apr 5th 2014, 1:14 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ireallywannago
Do they issue anything less than 12 months on the first 1, because, if I get accepted my 24 weeks are at the last week of April, if it comes before that and they give me a six month one, my holiday starts 30th? Ill have to bring it forward, and change holidays in work and everything?

Mark.
It's unlikely. The vast majority of waivers are for 12 months in duration.
Old Apr 5th 2014, 3:38 am
Forum Regular

Charley241179 is just really niceCharley241179 is just really niceCharley241179 is just really niceCharley241179 is just really niceCharley241179 is just really niceCharley241179 is just really niceCharley241179 is just really niceCharley241179 is just really nice

My husbands last one was for 6 months and 1 entry hoping for longer this time
Old Apr 5th 2014, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

ireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really nice

Originally Posted by Charley241179
My husbands last one was for 6 months and 1 entry hoping for longer this time
Well I hope if I'm accepted, my visa comes after April 30th if it has a 6months visa on it.
Old Apr 7th 2014, 2:24 am
Forum Regular

Charley241179 is just really niceCharley241179 is just really niceCharley241179 is just really niceCharley241179 is just really niceCharley241179 is just really niceCharley241179 is just really niceCharley241179 is just really niceCharley241179 is just really nice

Also just looking at my husbands refusal letter from interview the mispresentation box hasn't been ticked for this waiver of ineligibility?!?!?! Just the CIMT one. Last time it was both
Old Apr 7th 2014, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Charley241179
Also just looking at my husbands refusal letter from interview the mispresentation box hasn't been ticked for this waiver of ineligibility?!?!?! Just the CIMT one. Last time it was both
My letter has only 1 cross and it's by the CIMT one and nothing else. Could it be that he only had a 6month visa because of the misrepresentation section being ticked aswel as CIMT, whereas now it's only CIMT ticked he will probably have a longer visa?

Mark.

Last edited by ireallywannago; Apr 7th 2014 at 7:39 pm.
Old Apr 8th 2014, 5:39 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ireallywannago
Could it be that he only had a 6month visa because of the misrepresentation section being ticked aswel as CIMT, whereas now it's only CIMT ticked he will probably have a longer visa?
Could it be? Yes.

Is it actually? There's really no way to know.

Ian
Old Apr 8th 2014, 11:25 pm
Just Joined

BigFattony is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi.

Looking for some advice please.

I've recently won a competition prize which is a trip to the US, in September.
Naively, I thought that there would be no problem obtaining a visa, as my conviction for possession of cannabis in 1977, when I was 18(small amount, one joint being passed round at barbecue, no further convictions) was spent.
Obviously,after doing the research, I now realise the precariousness of my situation and have sent off for my record sheet. I see that I will almost certainly have to apply for a visa ineligibility waiver after attending an interview in London.

a) Am I wasting my time trying to do all this before our September departure?

b) Will I have to leave my passport with the US embassy while they make their decision, as I have other travel plans in July?

c) Is there anything that I can do to facilitate the processing of my application, either before or after the interview, such as having a drug test, providing good character references, etc?

Many Thanks.
Old Apr 9th 2014, 1:19 am
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigFattony
a) Am I wasting my time trying to do all this before our September departure?
You won't know until you submit, though currently the timeline for processing visa's with others in your situation is seemingly unknown.

b) Will I have to leave my passport with the US embassy while they make their decision, as I have other travel plans in July?
No. Unlike the Brits, where you have to submit your passport for the entire length of the application (crazy!), the Americans allow you to keep your passport until such a time as you are invited to send in your passport if and when your visa is approved.

c) Is there anything that I can do to facilitate the processing of my application, either before or after the interview, such as having a drug test, providing good character references, etc?
First thing you need is an ACRO police certificate. I would also obtain a subject access report from the police force who cautioned you.
Old Apr 9th 2014, 2:43 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by hungryhorace
You won't know until you submit, though currently the timeline for processing visa's with others in your situation is seemingly unknown.

No. Unlike the Brits, where you have to submit your passport for the entire length of the application (crazy!), the Americans allow you to keep your passport until such a time as you are invited to send in your passport if and when your visa is approved.

First thing you need is an ACRO police certificate. I would also obtain a subject access report from the police force who cautioned you.
Thanks for the info. I have already sent for the ACRO.

A further question I have is about the quantity of substance found. As I read it, there is no get-out even if the quantity is very small but someone mentioned that for VERY small quantities of cannabis, visas are sometimes granted without needing to apply for a waiver of ineligibility. Does anyone know if this is true?

Many thanks for your input.
Old Apr 9th 2014, 4:50 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigFattony
... but someone mentioned that for VERY small quantities of cannabis, visas are sometimes granted without needing to apply for a waiver of ineligibility. Does anyone know if this is true?
I believe this is true. You have two things in your favor - one, a small amount (although, to be honest, unless the amount is noted on your ACPO certificate, it's your word only); and two, it happened over 35 years ago. The time alone may be sufficient to allow you to process a B-2 visa without a waiver - but, as hungryhorace noted, there's no way to know in advance until such time as you apply for the visa.

Ian
Old Apr 9th 2014, 5:33 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I believe this is true. You have two things in your favor - one, a small amount (although, to be honest, unless the amount is noted on your ACPO certificate, it's your word only); and two, it happened over 35 years ago. The time alone may be sufficient to allow you to process a B-2 visa without a waiver - but, as hungryhorace noted, there's no way to know in advance until such time as you apply for the visa.

Ian
Thank you very much for the information. It is appreciated. I will update with the progress of my application for the benefit of other forum users.
Old Apr 10th 2014, 11:10 pm
Just Joined

Kaz1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Guys,

Received my passport back. The visa is valid for 1 year and is for multiple entries.

Thank you and good luck to all.

Kaz.
Old Apr 13th 2014, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

EmmaW1 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi guys, has anyone had their waiver email yet? im at week 21. any update on processing times?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.