Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Oct 10th 2022, 11:06 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by Turbowoowoo
Hi Connor, can i ask please why you have lawyers involved?

regards
Nolo Press has a 50 year history of assisting people to do their own legal work They call it "consumer oriented" rather than DIY. But their publications don't hesitate to give warning when DIY is not a good idea.

The mother immigration case on the subject is Matter of Hranka. This is Nolo’s take on Hranka-

Nolo on Hranka factors

Funny thing about Hranka applications is that the law on the subject is quite sparse. In my experience, the main value of an attorney is independent professional detachment. People in need of a waiver will not have the viewpoint to layout to DHS why they are deserving.

BTW, I'm of the belief that an applicant on "all fours" with Hranka will lose.

Last edited by S Folinsky; Oct 10th 2022 at 11:23 pm. Reason: Correct link
Old Oct 11th 2022, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

Rvee15 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Turbowoowoo
Yes July 26th was my interview. B2 visa
seems like the processing times have returned to how they were pre covid which is a shame
Old Oct 11th 2022, 1:18 pm
Just Joined

Turbowoowoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rvee15
seems like the processing times have returned to how they were pre covid which is a shame
yea luckily enough not off to the US until 2023, but applied thinking it was still the standard 6 months wait
Old Oct 14th 2022, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

EmmaN is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone. Hope you are all well..

Does anyone have any recent updates on processing time? My appointment was the 10th August

Any updates would be massively appreciated as have a whole holiday hinging on this and was told by the first guy I saw at the embassy it would be 5 days and the 2nd one 2 weeks......clearly neither were correct.

Thanks guys - starting to have a little panic

x
Old Oct 14th 2022, 6:48 pm
Just Joined

Melbark18 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Emma,

We were supposed to fly to America yday but had to change it to next year. My husband had his appointment 12th July. At the time he was told a few weeks but the letter stated 6 months and the website 6-8 months!!! I’m hoping we hear soon as still panicking about next year at this stage. Hope you have a while until you have to decide on the holiday. I know how stressful it is and feel your pain!!
Old Oct 18th 2022, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Melbark18
Hi Emma,

We were supposed to fly to America yday but had to change it to next year. My husband had his appointment 12th July. At the time he was told a few weeks but the letter stated 6 months and the website 6-8 months!!! I’m hoping we hear soon as still panicking about next year at this stage. Hope you have a while until you have to decide on the holiday. I know how stressful it is and feel your pain!!

We also decided to rebook to mid next year also. There was no rush for our holiday anyway and thought it best to give it a full year to process in hopes it will be done and sorted by June 2023 😂😂. Hope we all hear soon. So stressful trying to wait for something without being able to track any progress made.
Old Oct 21st 2022, 11:50 am
Just Joined

Turbowoowoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Just received Notification to send Passport for B1/B2 visa.

Appointment 26th July

4th Visa

hope this helps
Old Oct 21st 2022, 12:17 pm
Just Joined

TheGrenade is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all,

Never posted before but have been lurking while waiting for my waiver of ineligibility decision to come back in an attempt to relieve the stress of waiting.

I had my interview on: 27/07/22
Request to send documents: 21/10/22

I hope this helps, I will update again when I receive documents back.

Good luck everyone!
Old Oct 23rd 2022, 2:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TheGrenade
Hello all,

Never posted before but have been lurking while waiting for my waiver of ineligibility decision to come back in an attempt to relieve the stress of waiting.

I had my interview on: 27/07/22
Request to send documents: 21/10/22

I hope this helps, I will update again when I receive documents back.

Good luck everyone!

congrats!!! Was this your first visa? And was it for a b2?
Old Oct 23rd 2022, 6:06 am
Just Joined

TheGrenade is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rvee15
congrats!!! Was this your first visa? And was it for a b2?
Thanks! Yes first visa and yes a B2. I don't know how long or how many visits they'll have given me yet. If its only a short visa does that mean I have to go through all this process again in potentially 6 months time?
Old Oct 24th 2022, 12:41 pm
Just Joined

Hi guys, just a little update. My husband received his email today asking him to submit his passport!! He attended his interview on the 12th July and it was for his first B2 visa. Hopefully a big step closer to being sorted. Hope everyone else gets their email soon. I know how stressful this process is!
Old Oct 24th 2022, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

Hi guys, just a little update. My husband received his email today asking him to submit his passport!! He attended his interview on the 12th July and it was for his first B2 visa. Hopefully a big step closer to being sorted. Hope everyone else gets their email soon. I know how stressful this process is!
yaaaay!!! So happy for you.
they must hate my partner who’s been waiting since June 6th 😂😂
Old Oct 24th 2022, 4:19 pm
Just Joined

EFullarton is an unknown quantity at this point

My dad had his waiver applied for on 8th August and got notification today to send passport. It says it must be sent within 30 days but unluckily he is in Turkey for the next 3.5 weeks. The first day he can send the visa is Monday 21st November having it arrive a day shy of the 30 day deadline. Talk about stress!!! So typical that the notification comes the day he leaves the country!! That is just the way this whole process has gone but thankful it looks like it will go through. it is a B2 visa, will let people know how long it's for and how long it took to come back
Old Oct 28th 2022, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

hey again, please could I ask what email address they contacted you from? X
Old Oct 28th 2022, 12:07 pm
Just Joined

Hi, it was from [email protected]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.