Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Jun 20th 2018, 11:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

karenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Pls can anyone explain what the following means...printed under annotation on the visa:

'212(d)(3)(A) waiver of 2A2 granted'

I have tried to google it and can see the first part seems to be an umbrella term for type of waiver but cant find anything on 2A2

thankyou
Old Jun 21st 2018, 12:14 am
BE Enthusiast

jxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karenkaren1
Pls can anyone explain what the following means...printed under annotation on the visa:

I have tried to google it and can see the first part seems to be an umbrella term for type of waiver but cant find anything on 2A2

thankyou
That refers to the specific grounds within section 212a. 2A2 would be criminal grounds, conviction of certain crimes, violation of law relating to a controlled substance
Old Jun 21st 2018, 12:35 am
BE Enthusiast

karenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jxv73
That refers to the specific grounds within section 212a. 2A2 would be criminal grounds, conviction of certain crimes, violation of law relating to a controlled substance
thankyou
Old Jun 21st 2018, 8:31 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

thankyou
Do you mind sharing whether the visa was granted for the usual 5 years and multiple entries, or a different period of validity? This is the kind of information that other applicants find useful.
Old Jun 21st 2018, 8:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
Do you mind sharing whether the visa was granted for the usual 5 years and multiple entries, or a different period of validity? This is the kind of information that other applicants find useful.
hi, its slightly confusing to me because the petition is L1A new office only valid 12 months (before we have to apply for extension) but the visa expiry date is 5 years from now and multiple entries with PED dated 12 months from when petition approved. I am assuming that this means the waiver is good for 5 years....
Old Jun 21st 2018, 4:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

hi, its slightly confusing to me because the petition is L1A new office only valid 12 months (before we have to apply for extension) but the visa expiry date is 5 years from now and multiple entries with PED dated 12 months from when petition approved. I am assuming that this means the waiver is good for 5 years....
Yes this is correct. Assuming the L1A renewals go ahead as predicted, a new visa/waiver shouldn't be needed until the expiry of the inidividual visa itself. Waiver "lengths" are for the entire period of the visa's validity, and then the validity is subject to the successful renewals of the L1A petition.
Old Jun 21st 2018, 4:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shiversaint
Yes this is correct. Assuming the L1A renewals go ahead as predicted, a new visa/waiver shouldn't be needed until the expiry of the inidividual visa itself. Waiver "lengths" are for the entire period of the visa's validity, and then the validity is subject to the successful renewals of the L1A petition.
well thats a relief! thanks
Old Jun 21st 2018, 4:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

well thats a relief! thanks
Just as a bit of forewarning/forethought (and this applies to any other NI visa renewal) - once (and if) it gets to the stage of a visa renewal, apply a year in advance, as he'll need another waiver. That gives plenty of time for it to be issued, preventing any possibility of being caught out and having to leave the country, and you can absolutely have 2 active visas (well the old one gets replaced in the system, but you can have an active one whilst applying for a new one).
Old Jun 21st 2018, 4:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shiversaint
Just as a bit of forewarning/forethought (and this applies to any other NI visa renewal) - once (and if) it gets to the stage of a visa renewal, apply a year in advance, as he'll need another waiver. That gives plenty of time for it to be issued, preventing any possibility of being caught out and having to leave the country, and you can absolutely have 2 active visas (well the old one gets replaced in the system, but you can have an active one whilst applying for a new one).
ah ok thanks for the advice, will definitely prepare well in advance ...albeit the goal is to apply for eb1c as soon as we (hopefully) get extension.
Old Jun 28th 2018, 11:19 am
Just Joined

magic77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,
I am new here and was recommended for waiver of ineligibility. I appalled in London US Consulate.
I read a lot from the forum, thank you all for info.
All I can do now is to wait but I am concerned about missing the email. It can arrive some time between 3 to 12 months.
Can someone advise me what email address the notification actually coming form?
It is tend to go to a spam folder?

My thinking is if I put their email in my contacts then I will get notification on my phone.

Thank you

Last edited by magic77; Jun 28th 2018 at 11:21 am. Reason: more info to be included
Old Jun 29th 2018, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

ireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really nice

Originally Posted by magic77
Hello,
I am new here and was recommended for waiver of ineligibility. I appalled in London US Consulate.
I read a lot from the forum, thank you all for info.
All I can do now is to wait but I am concerned about missing the email. It can arrive some time between 3 to 12 months.
Can someone advise me what email address the notification actually coming form?
It is tend to go to a spam folder?

My thinking is if I put their email in my contacts then I will get notification on my phone.

Thank you
this is where my last visa email came from. Hope this helps

[email protected]
Old Jun 30th 2018, 8:43 am
Just Joined

magic77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you
Old Jul 1st 2018, 9:32 am
Just Joined

britexpat4456 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all,

I'm new around here, so please forgive me if I'm asking silly questions.

I've previously been granted a 12 month visa (waiver of ineligibility) which has expired and I've now applied for a new one via the London embassy in April. Has anyone here applied for a visa via the London embassy this year or have any finger in the air information around average waiting times?

Thank you
Old Jul 2nd 2018, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

ireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really nice

Originally Posted by britexpat4456
Hello all,

I've previously been granted a 12 month visa (waiver of ineligibility) which has expired and I've now applied for a new one via the London embassy in April. Has anyone here applied for a visa via the London embassy this year or have any finger in the air information around average waiting times?

Thank you
I went for my interview on the 20th June in London. The officer said it will probably take around 4 months, but to be honest, I’m not bothered, as it takes as long as it takes, I am no more important that anyone else.

I tend to Just forget about it and wait for the surprise in the email.

Old Jul 5th 2018, 6:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by britexpat4456
Hello all,

Thank you
It seems to have improved a little versus 18-24 months ago. Average times seem to be 4-5 months right now. My last one was on the lower end, I think. Hopefully, given you're applying again, you will be a bit quicker than your first time and the current average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.