Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Mar 27th 2018, 8:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

karenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by ireallywannago
Excellent. Let us know how long it’s valid for.

I don’t know what to do, we’re thinking of going October 2019 and I need my 3rd visa, but not sure when to apply. Both times previously they have taken 6/7 months to come back with only a years validity on them. A lot are saying that 5 years seems to be the common validity time now. I would normally apply Around May for it to come back in the October to be still valid for when we go the next year. What I don’t want happening is applying in May for it to take only 2.5 months (like above) and only be valaid for a year, which will then make me have to apply again in the July/August to make it valaid for the following year we go.
apply jan 19? problem solved
Old Mar 29th 2018, 10:31 am
Just Joined

d7desmon is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys, new on here and must say what a wonderful job you lot are doing , sharing your experiences while helping others in the process, well done.

I have a situation I'm hoping someone might have had similar experience or know of others who has. I am a foreign national in the UK who has been convicted of a very serious crime namely importation of drugs. I received an 18 months sentence and have since completed that and my rehabilitation since June 2010. I have also gone on to receive an Indefinite Leave to Remain status in the country. In the last 2 years my family ( wife and 2 kids ) have gone to Florida on holidays but I know I'm not eligible which is why I have never attempted to apply for visa. But I realised at some point I'll have to either explain to my kids why daddy can't go with them or apply for a waiver of ineligibility. My thoughts tell me it is impossible to get a waiver for this sort of conviction, for one it is a very serious one and only 7 years has passed. The kids have now decided they want to go to Florida again and I'm deliberating on trying my luck, just so I can say I tried. My questions are, are there waivers for such grave crimes ? if the answer is yes has anyone been successful at applying for one ? All responses will be appreciated.
Old Mar 29th 2018, 11:13 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

My questions are, are there waivers for such grave crimes ? if the answer is yes has anyone been successful at applying for one ? All responses will be appreciated.
Yes, such a conviction could be waived and a B2 granted. The longer the elapsed time since the offence, the better. It will likely also only be single entry, which means going through the process and waiver process every time you want to enter the US.
Old Mar 29th 2018, 11:24 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by civilservant
Yes, such a conviction could be waived and a B2 granted. The longer the elapsed time since the offence, the better. It will likely also only be single entry, which means going through the process and waiver process every time you want to enter the US.
Many thanks for the response. Glad to know there is still some hope, however little. I really don't mind doing it every time if that is what is required, just being able to travel to the US on vacation with the kids is all that matters.
Old Mar 29th 2018, 11:28 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by d7desmon
Many thanks for the response. Glad to know there is still some hope, however little. I really don't mind doing it every time if that is what is required, just being able to travel to the US on vacation with the kids is all that matters.
One thing to note - NEVER book a trip to US until you have a visa in hand. The waiver process is lengthy.
Old Mar 29th 2018, 11:48 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by civilservant
One thing to note - NEVER book a trip to US until you have a visa in hand. The waiver process is lengthy.
Oh! Thanks for the advice. Won't attempt that at all.
Old Mar 29th 2018, 6:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by d7desmon
Hi guys, new on here and must say what a wonderful job you lot are doing , sharing your experiences while helping others in the process, well done.

I have a situation I'm hoping someone might have had similar experience or know of others who has. I am a foreign national in the UK who has been convicted of a very serious crime namely importation of drugs. I received an 18 months sentence and have since completed that and my rehabilitation since June 2010. I have also gone on to receive an Indefinite Leave to Remain status in the country. In the last 2 years my family ( wife and 2 kids ) have gone to Florida on holidays but I know I'm not eligible which is why I have never attempted to apply for visa. But I realised at some point I'll have to either explain to my kids why daddy can't go with them or apply for a waiver of ineligibility. My thoughts tell me it is impossible to get a waiver for this sort of conviction, for one it is a very serious one and only 7 years has passed. The kids have now decided they want to go to Florida again and I'm deliberating on trying my luck, just so I can say I tried. My questions are, are there waivers for such grave crimes ? if the answer is yes has anyone been successful at applying for one ? All responses will be appreciated.
As has been said, it's possible for this conviction to be waived.

Only issue is, it's trafficking, which you are obviously aware is devastatingly serious, and even more so in the eyes of the US.

You could try now but I wouldn't expect you to succeed until you cross the 10 year mark for something like that.
Old Mar 29th 2018, 7:18 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by shiversaint
As has been said, it's possible for this conviction to be waived.

Only issue is, it's trafficking, which you are obviously aware is devastatingly serious, and even more so in the eyes of the US.

You could try now but I wouldn't expect you to succeed until you cross the 10 year mark for something like that.
Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. Yes I am very much aware how precarious the situation is. I have an interview coming up in about 3 weeks, I have no hope whatsoever and know I'll be refused and certainly not get recommended for a waiver but I still want to try just to get it done and out of the way. My hope now is for sometime in the future, maybe at the 10 year point as suggested by you, hopefully by then they'll look back upon my last attempt and the time passed positively.
Old Mar 31st 2018, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

TranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, interview 8th Jan. email 20th March. Passport sent special delivery 21st March and received back 29th march. 5 year visa! Previously had 6 months, single entry, 1 year, then 3 year. I assume this methodology is based on a “trust” building up over time. But who knows.

Originally Posted by ireallywannago
Excellent. Let us know how long it’s valid for.

I don’t know what to do, we’re thinking of going October 2019 and I need my 3rd visa, but not sure when to apply. Both times previously they have taken 6/7 months to come back with only a years validity on them. A lot are saying that 5 years seems to be the common validity time now. I would normally apply Around May for it to come back in the October to be still valid for when we go the next year. What I don’t want happening is applying in May for it to take only 2.5 months (like above) and only be valaid for a year, which will then make me have to apply again in the July/August to make it valaid for the following year we go.
Old Apr 1st 2018, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

ireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really nice

Excellent news for you. Happy planning. 👍🏻
Old Apr 10th 2018, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

movida is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been told that processing times from Belfast are much quicker than London. However, looking at the website it currently takes 26 calendar days to get an appointment vs 7-10 for London. Apparently visa waivers are processed in 2-3 months from belfast and up to 6 months for London.

As I'll get an appointment in london up to 3 weeks sooner, and I live there, it makes much more sense to go there. I'd visit Belfast if it would genuinely save me 3-4 months of waiting if I was granted a waiver. However from this thread it seems that processing from London has come down to about 3 months currently, is this correct? Which option should I go for?
Old Apr 10th 2018, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

TranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond repute

See my recent post of actual real life timing for me recently In London.

I think you may be working with a myth. As far as I know after interview stage your application ends up in exactly the same pile of paper somewhere at Homeland security in America in the same office awaiting approval regardless of where your interview was. The only potential differential is of London are not as efficient in filing that request as Belfast are.

Originally Posted by movida
I've been told that processing times from Belfast are much quicker than London. However, looking at the website it currently takes 26 calendar days to get an appointment vs 7-10 for London. Apparently visa waivers are processed in 2-3 months from belfast and up to 6 months for London.

As I'll get an appointment in london up to 3 weeks sooner, and I live there, it makes much more sense to go there. I'd visit Belfast if it would genuinely save me 3-4 months of waiting if I was granted a waiver. However from this thread it seems that processing from London has come down to about 3 months currently, is this correct? Which option should I go for?
Old Apr 10th 2018, 7:31 am
BE Enthusiast

karenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TranceMaster
See my recent post of actual real life timing for me recently In London.

I think you may be working with a myth. As far as I know after interview stage your application ends up in exactly the same pile of paper somewhere at Homeland security in America in the same office awaiting approval regardless of where your interview was. The only potential differential is of London are not as efficient in filing that request as Belfast are.

I suppose these status updates are a myth also?https://uk.usembassy.gov/wp-content/...9march2018.pdf

Movida, be careful of the 'advice' you get on here. I am actually IN the process now. those appointment times are not accurate, When you are at the stage of booking the appointment, you can choose which of the 2 embassy/consulate then. You also have the option going back in a seeing if there is a possible sooner cancellation and changing your mind.
Wishing u all the best
Old Apr 10th 2018, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

movida is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks that pdf is really useful. Is there the same available for London so I can see ‘real’ processing times to make a final decision?
Old Apr 10th 2018, 7:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by movida
Thanks that pdf is really useful. Is there the same available for London so I can see ‘real’ processing times to make a final decision?
strangely, there isn't but like I said, make your decision at the stage when you are booking the appointment online - you can see the calendar availability for both. When I did it for my husband, the website said it would only be a 3 day wait for London but in reality no appointments were available for 3 weeks so it was a no brainer for us because Belfast had much sooner availability.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.