Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Jan 31st 2018, 9:36 pm
k.b
Just Joined

k.b is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by Jimbo42
Hi, After advice please if anyone has had similar...
I had a small colourful past so had to put everything in application, acro and attend the interview and be totally honest. Nothing too sinister and they said they have recommended me for a waiver but it has to go to Homeland security as they have the final say. It would take 6 months and likely to be OK but couldn't be 100%. This was end on November and wondered if anyone had done the same, whether they were accepted/refused and how long it took please??
Thanks in advance for any welcome words

Jimbo
You will be cool mate just a waiting game my first one took almost 8 months my second was 4 months

Dont book anything you will get it just forget about it for now and one day you will get the email
Old Feb 7th 2018, 4:02 pm
Just Joined

toptrumps is an unknown quantity at this point

How colourful if you don’t mind me asking. I’m thinking of applying for a spouse visa but don’t want to risk it and be perm banned from the us.
Old Feb 7th 2018, 4:20 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by toptrumps
How colourful if you don’t mind me asking. I’m thinking of applying for a spouse visa but don’t want to risk it and be perm banned from the us.
You might want to read back a few pages on this thread to see what type of convictions others had who are or were seeking waivers of inadmissibility.

You have a wife and son living in the US? How do you visit them now? If you use the VWP, how did you pass the ESTA in order to use the VWP or did you get a B visa for your visits? And if you got the B visa, didn't you require a waiver at that time?
Old Feb 7th 2018, 4:49 pm
Just Joined

Sorry. I meant we all live in the uk but are thinking of moving to the us
Old Feb 7th 2018, 5:20 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry. I meant we all live in the uk but are thinking of moving to the us
Okay. Once you have been here for a few more posts, you will learn the ins and outs of posting. For example, give full details about yourself and situation. As noted, we fail at mindreading

You might also want to start a thread yourself in the marriage based visa forum outlining what you are looking to do and what your criminal history is. Many have had convictions both as youthful offenders and/or as adults and will be happy to talk to you about it.
Old Feb 7th 2018, 5:33 pm
Just Joined

Thanks. Will do
Old Feb 7th 2018, 7:37 pm
k.b
Just Joined

k.b is an unknown quantity at this point

GBH mate
Old Feb 8th 2018, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

Jimbo42 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks KB, sitting tight for my Postie to arrive
Old Feb 8th 2018, 7:04 pm
Just Joined

blokecalledkev is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everybody, new here but I thought I would add my story to this thread. Been reading lots but first post, hopefully it will be helpful.

I live in Scotland and do a bit of work out of the country, engineering stuff. In 2016 I had to apply for a B1 visa to work in the States. . Years ago I was a bit off the rails and did some stuff and picked up a couple of court convictions fro possession of a controlled drug (cannabis). This was in 1985 and naturally over the years things change and we move on.

However during the course of my application for the visa I had to apply for a police clearance form. Sure enough there they were, my previous convictions from 1985. I actually freaked a bit when I saw them and thought I am so not going to get a visa. They were in the step down section of the form.

I declared them on my application form and went along for the appointment in Belfast in January 2016, with the clearance form. I did get a bit of a grilling at the interview but was totally honest. They refused me a visa at the time and said it had to get run by homeland security. I thought that was it I am well and truly up the creak and I will now have to explain it to my employer. I did explain it to them and they were ok about it.

A few months later, in April, I got issued my visa, with waiver stamped on it, which is valid until 20121 and later that year I worked out in the States. I am going back this year to work out there.

I am not a guy to tell anybody how or how not to deal with a situation but I would advise anybody who has a bit of dodgy past and is wondering whether or not to declare to it to be honest. Be up front, don’t try and hide it and don’t make stuff up. You may not get your visa there and then but being honest does pay off in the long run and I have no worries about my past and working out there now.

regards Kev.
Old Mar 21st 2018, 4:51 pm
Just Joined

swordfish78 is an unknown quantity at this point

anyone had a visa come back lately

i had appointment 31st january
Old Mar 21st 2018, 5:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Fred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by swordfish78

I suspect people have, but possibly not on this site

Be happy if it comes in May for you, but also do not be upset if it is July when you get it back
Old Mar 21st 2018, 6:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

karenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by swordfish78

my husband had his interview beginning of this month in Belfast, The Belfast case status tracker shows they are taking 2 - 2.5 months approx. We will be over the moon if this is still the case!
Old Mar 22nd 2018, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

TranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond repute

Just an update for anyone (impatiently) waiting.

Interview 8th Jan. Email received requesting passport 20th March.

Passport sent to embassy 21st March.
Old Mar 27th 2018, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

ireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really nice

Originally Posted by TranceMaster
Just an update for anyone (impatiently) waiting.

Interview 8th Jan. Email received requesting passport 20th March.

Passport sent to embassy 21st March.
Excellent. Let us know how long it’s valid for.

I don’t know what to do, we’re thinking of going October 2019 and I need my 3rd visa, but not sure when to apply. Both times previously they have taken 6/7 months to come back with only a years validity on them. A lot are saying that 5 years seems to be the common validity time now. I would normally apply Around May for it to come back in the October to be still valid for when we go the next year. What I don’t want happening is applying in May for it to take only 2.5 months (like above) and only be valaid for a year, which will then make me have to apply again in the July/August to make it valaid for the following year we go.
Old Mar 27th 2018, 7:46 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Adjudication times seem to be shorter now, and five year validity does appear to be the usual result these days. That should give you enough insight into choosing a suitable window that will allow you to apply for the visa and still make the proposed trip.

Of course, nothing is absolutely certain and it's very much dependent on the circumstances of each individual case. YMMV.

Best of luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.