Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Oct 4th 2017, 8:19 am
Just Joined

usadreaming is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by Limey187
Quick question for anyone else who has done this, if i am sending my passport via royal mail special delivery, is it just my passport and the 2nd page of the courier document i need to put in the envelope or am i missing something out?

Also, when i had my interview i said i will probably be going out to new york for st patricks day weekend 2018, but with my Visa getting processed quicker than i thought, ill now be going out there for christmas, will they be cool with that at Port of Entry?
On the email it should state clearly that no other documents are needed other than your passport (mine did anyway). In that case, yes, just page two and your passport.

With the ports, from what Ive read you will have to go through secondary, usually just a few basic questions, "How long will you be here, where will you be going, purpose etc.".

Happy travels!
Old Oct 4th 2017, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Limey187
Also, when i had my interview i said i will probably be going out to new york for st patricks day weekend 2018, but with my Visa getting processed quicker than i thought, ill now be going out there for christmas, will they be cool with that at Port of Entry?
Your PoE is irrelevant, nothing to worry about.

Congratulations.
Old Oct 4th 2017, 4:52 pm
Just Joined

Jondawn is an unknown quantity at this point

I went for my interview on 28/9/17. I was told to check the website with my reference number to keep an eye on my status. I received the VCU R3 form but my interviewer didn’t put a reference number on it. Will I get this by post or email ? Trying to contact the embassy (London) is an absolute nightmare.
Old Oct 5th 2017, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jondawn
I went for my interview on 28/9/17. I was told to check the website with my reference number to keep an eye on my status. I received the VCU R3 form but my interviewer didn’t put a reference number on it. Will I get this by post or email ? Trying to contact the embassy (London) is an absolute nightmare.
It'll be on your DS-160 print out.

Even so, pointless looking at your status. It's often incorrect. You'll get an email when they are ready to issue it, so monitor the email address you used (make sure to check junk).
Old Oct 5th 2017, 12:55 pm
Just Joined

Jondawn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shiversaint
It'll be on your DS-160 print out.

Even so, pointless looking at your status. It's often incorrect. You'll get an email when they are ready to issue it, so monitor the email address you used (make sure to check junk).
Many thanks 👍
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

NeverForget84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, I can confirm that after over 14 months (due to issues with my email address), I have now been issued with a 5 Waiver of Ineligiblity. A massive thank you to all who have helped me. My wife has received a new passport and we have tried to apply for her ESTA, however it is saying this passport number is ineligible? We literally have only received her new passport today. Any advice on what we need to do?
Old Oct 24th 2017, 3:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NeverForget84
Hi all, I can confirm that after over 14 months (due to issues with my email address), I have now been issued with a 5 Waiver of Ineligiblity. A massive thank you to all who have helped me. My wife has received a new passport and we have tried to apply for her ESTA, however it is saying this passport number is ineligible? We literally have only received her new passport today. Any advice on what we need to do?
Double and triple check you haven't got any typos, and that you're not using spaces or brackets or any other special characters, it should just be a single string of numbers. They are normally 9 numbers long.
Old Oct 24th 2017, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

NeverForget84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, I done her application again and it accepted the passport number. However, then it said it was pending for approval which could have taken upto 72 hours. However, 5 mins later this was approved. Overall, this whole process of my application and then my wife's was long winded, but it's done now! I wish you all the best with your applications and thank you all for your help. My last advice would be, always make sure you use the correct email address as this caused a major delay for me. Goodluck, safe travels and best wishes 😁
Old Oct 31st 2017, 3:24 pm
Just Joined

TheWaitingPlace is an unknown quantity at this point

I just received the letter saying that my waiver has been approved. This is for a spouse immigrant visa.
Can someone please outline - step by step- what the next steps should be and approximate timeline. My specific questions are in brackets below.

My understanding of next steps is that I have to:

1)submit the ds260 again
2) They said they will contact me to book finger printing appointment after I submit the ds260 form (how long does this typically take from date of submission? Will the appointment be only for finger printing or will they ask me further questions?)
3)Get another medical check, police record and affidavit of support and bring all those documents to the appointment. ( what should I expect at the appointment- is it another interview? Will I receive the visa/ green card at this appointment or do I have to come back to drop it off or mail it in?)
4) As I currently live in the USA on an L1 visa, after the appointment, can I mail my passport from the USA to the uk for the visa stamp and have them mail it back (rather than traveling back and forth?)

Any insight you can provide will be very helpful for my planning.

Thank you!!
Old Oct 31st 2017, 4:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheWaitingPlace
I just received the letter saying that my waiver has been approved. This is for a spouse immigrant visa.
Can someone please outline - step by step- what the next steps should be and approximate timeline. My specific questions are in brackets below.

My understanding of next steps is that I have to:

1)submit the ds260 again
2) They said they will contact me to book finger printing appointment after I submit the ds260 form (how long does this typically take from date of submission? Will the appointment be only for finger printing or will they ask me further questions?)
3)Get another medical check, police record and affidavit of support and bring all those documents to the appointment. ( what should I expect at the appointment- is it another interview? Will I receive the visa/ green card at this appointment or do I have to come back to drop it off or mail it in?)
4) As I currently live in the USA on an L1 visa, after the appointment, can I mail my passport from the USA to the uk for the visa stamp and have them mail it back (rather than traveling back and forth?)

Any insight you can provide will be very helpful for my planning.

Thank you!!
This thread is for nonimmigrant WIAs - the process for immigrant visas is different, probably best you make a seperate thread.
Old Nov 15th 2017, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

TranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond repute

Do fixed penalty notices appear on the ACPO report?
Old Nov 16th 2017, 1:18 pm
Just Joined

Lukebeth is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone got their waivers back in the last few weeks if so did you have your interview in London and when did you have it. Last time we had a visa in 2005 for 10 years dident know the rules had changed so I thought I would get a visa again within a few days. Was so shocked to hear I needed a waiver and going away in April so worrying now . On my visa application it asked when and where I was going so I booked thinking it would just go though within a few day and 7 months is loads of time. Now wife and kids worried.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Lukebeth; Nov 16th 2017 at 1:33 pm. Reason: Wrong spelling
Old Nov 16th 2017, 2:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TranceMaster
Do fixed penalty notices appear on the ACPO report?
Somewhat depends what for - but I believe normally it's only cautions and convictions. You might have a "no live trace" situation, in which case you'll need a subject access report to show the detail.

At the end of the day, if you've been arrested or anything more, you need to disclose it, so the fact that you're asking this question probably means you need to disclose it.
Old Nov 16th 2017, 2:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lukebeth
Has anyone got their waivers back in the last few weeks if so did you have your interview in London and when did you have it. Last time we had a visa in 2005 for 10 years dident know the rules had changed so I thought I would get a visa again within a few days. Was so shocked to hear I needed a waiver and going away in April so worrying now . On my visa application it asked when and where I was going so I booked thinking it would just go though within a few day and 7 months is loads of time. Now wife and kids worried.

Thanks in advance
When was your interview?

This forum always gives the advice of obtaining travel authorization BEFORE booking anything. Most flight operators and travel agents will give you the same advice.

7 months is on the long end, and over the past six months, it'd appear most people are getting their waivers back in the 18-24 week range. You might get lucky. But then again you might not.
Old Nov 16th 2017, 3:12 pm
Just Joined

Lukebeth is an unknown quantity at this point

Thankyou both for your reply’s. Had 2 visas in the past so I was sure it would go though as I have one conviction 41 years ago when I was 14. It’s a very costly mistake. Thanks again. I keep my fingers crossed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.