Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Sep 26th 2017, 3:32 am
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by Limey187
what site is it to log in to check this? sorry for all the questions
Your original login for your DS-160 shows your status.

Nevertheless, the status is rarely updated in an accurate manner, and right now it'll likely show refused, given you haven't had an email requesting documents.

Sit tight, it'll come.
Old Sep 26th 2017, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

Noodler is an unknown quantity at this point

Passports in hand..got 3 years which coincides with the end of my current petition.

Thanks for all your help over the last few months...
Old Sep 26th 2017, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

NeverForget84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all I have finally received the email asking for my passport (after over one year due to them sending the previous email to my old email address). However, as per the instructions in the email, I click on the link for ais.usvisa-info where I should have instructions on where to send my passport. There are no instructions here! I am so confused now, where do I send my passport to? Please help!
Old Sep 26th 2017, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

You need to log into the AIS site to get the courier details. You can either drop it off to a DX courier office or you can send it in via special delivery.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

Thank you for your reply. Turns out I needed to log in with my other email address and now I have been able to locate where I need to send my passport to. Can someone please confirm whether I just need to post my passport to the address stated and then await for the courier to deliver it back to me?
Old Sep 27th 2017, 9:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NeverForget84
Thank you for your reply. Turns out I needed to log in with my other email address and now I have been able to locate where I need to send my passport to. Can someone please confirm whether I just need to post my passport to the address stated and then await for the courier to deliver it back to me?
There are very explicit instructions that you've been given, so I would follow them exactly!

If you are posting yourself rather than returning your passport via DX, then make sure you use Royal Mail Special Delivery.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

Thank you. Big lesson I have learnt, please all be vigilant regarding which email account you have provided, somehow mine have got mixed up and its led to my application taking over 13 months so far.
Old Sep 28th 2017, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

Limey187 is an unknown quantity at this point

i just logged in to check my status and it says 'ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING - Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks.'

Does this mean im getting close?
Old Sep 28th 2017, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

i just logged in to check my status and it says 'ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING - Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks.'

Does this mean im getting close?
Yes. It should change to issued when completed, but as many have said before, the status often does not reflect the reality so it's not really worth reading too much into it.

You've had your email, you've sent in your passport, your visa is coming. Not much more to it than that.
Old Sep 28th 2017, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shiversaint
Yes. It should change to issued when completed, but as many have said before, the status often does not reflect the reality so it's not really worth reading too much into it.

You've had your email, you've sent in your passport, your visa is coming. Not much more to it than that.
I havent had my email or sent my passport? Thats what i was wondering, if this means i am close to getting my email?
Old Sep 28th 2017, 11:57 am
BE Enthusiast

I havent had my email or sent my passport? Thats what i was wondering, if this means i am close to getting my email?
Oh I see.

Well, still, as above. Mine said refused until they received my passport - just shows there isn't that much consistency to the system.

The fact that there is a change might suggest you're getting close. Then again, it might not. I've seen people switch over to administrative processing months before they got their email. I've also seen people stuck on refused forever despite receiving a visa.

Advice on here is often that checking your status on a daily basis is a good way to drive yourself mad...
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 11:52 am
Just Joined

usadreaming is an unknown quantity at this point

Got mine back yesterday with Visa inside. Total processing time was 24 weeks.
For the record, my status still says refused on the site.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 3:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Got mine back today, 5 year visa. Total time for me, 15 weeks including delivery. Mine says issued.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 4:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

karenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiversaint
Got mine back today, 5 year visa. Total time for me, 15 weeks including delivery. Mine says issued.
thats amazing!! congrats (I did reply to your inbox message btw)
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

Got my email through today asking to submit passport for visa issuance! (Excited!). Interview was on May 31st so just 18 weeks wait!

Quick question for anyone else who has done this, if i am sending my passport via royal mail special delivery, is it just my passport and the 2nd page of the courier document i need to put in the envelope or am i missing something out?

Also, when i had my interview i said i will probably be going out to new york for st patricks day weekend 2018, but with my Visa getting processed quicker than i thought, ill now be going out there for christmas, will they be cool with that at Port of Entry?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.