Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Sep 12th 2017, 7:26 am
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by karenkaren1
Wow that's the quickest I've heard for a waiver
My first waiver took 5 weeks last year. Currently awaiting my second (changed company so need a new visa), and I'll be at 12 weeks on Friday. I interviewed in London.

My attorney has had several waivers for E-2 visas this year that came back in under a month.

All of this is conjecture though - having been lurking on this forum for quite some time, I see that there are very few (if any) patterns that stay consistent when it comes to issuing waivers of ineligibility.
Old Sep 12th 2017, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

Noodler is an unknown quantity at this point

When you look at the Belfast tracker they seem to be pretty consistent. About 90% of them come through in less than 16 weeks.

If I was applying again I would definitely go there. You can also see how the ones before you are progressing rather than the black hole they disappear in to at London.
Old Sep 13th 2017, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

karenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noodler
When you look at the Belfast tracker they seem to be pretty consistent. About 90% of them come through in less than 16 weeks.

If I was applying again I would definitely go there. You can also see how the ones before you are progressing rather than the black hole they disappear in to at London.
Do you mind me asking if you used an immigration lawyer (I assume u did!) and would you recommend?

thank you
Old Sep 13th 2017, 12:36 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karenkaren1
Do you mind me asking if you used an immigration lawyer (I assume u did!) and would you recommend?
With respect, an immigration attorney can't change the past. Your husband has a drug conviction on record - and, while I understand that you're anxious about this, don't invest so much in getting the visa that you begin to treat it as though it's some sort of life/death decision. It's an opportunity, yes - but if it doesn't happen then life continues on much as it did before.

I suggest you submit the application and see what happens. As noted in another thread, the time between the conviction and now is very much in his favor. Don't fear the unknown... embrace it.

Ian
Old Sep 13th 2017, 5:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

karenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond repute

yes you are right, just need to remind myself to be logical and positive!
Old Sep 13th 2017, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

nearly 17 weeks from date of interview I received email from London requesting a sworn statement based on my conviction.

I have written one and sent it back.

Am I back in the queue or will this get looked at now I have replied?
Old Sep 13th 2017, 7:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

nearly 17 weeks from date of interview I received email from London requesting a sworn statement based on my conviction.

I have written one and sent it back.

Am I back in the queue or will this get looked at now I have replied?
I don't know the answer to your question, but can you give some more information about this? What exactly did they ask and who did the email come from? I've never heard of this before. Also, if you don't mind sharing, what does your record relate to?

______
EDIT:

Just done a search on this thread for a sworn statement, and someone was asked for one earlier this year, and they received their email to send their passport about 2 weeks later. Looks like your queue doesn't reset, and it almost sounds like it's to do with a lack of information surrounding the case.

Last edited by shiversaint; Sep 13th 2017 at 7:50 pm.
Old Sep 14th 2017, 6:30 am
Forum Regular

My conviction was possession of marijuana back in 1994 (about 2g)

They asked for a sworn statement on my current relationship with drugs and last occasion of use.

Also any rehabilitation programs I have had and proof.

Replied with the truth. haven't touched drugs since 1994 and only smoked marijuana on a few occasions so i stopped without need for formal rehabilitation program.

Seems a crazy thing to ask for a conviction so long ago but that is their prerogative I guess.
Old Sep 14th 2017, 8:40 am
Just Joined

usadreaming is an unknown quantity at this point

My conviction was possession of marijuana back in 1994 (about 2g)

They asked for a sworn statement on my current relationship with drugs and last occasion of use.

Also any rehabilitation programs I have had and proof.

Replied with the truth. haven't touched drugs since 1994 and only smoked marijuana on a few occasions so i stopped without need for formal rehabilitation program.

Seems a crazy thing to ask for a conviction so long ago but that is their prerogative I guess.
Hmmm, it looks like you are at least getting somewhere.
My interview was 23 weeks ago and haven't heard a peep since.

EDIT: Rather frustrated after the previous response in this thread so I called the information line. Im flabbergasted about how inefficient their service is.. I checked that my application was still processing (which he told me it was, exactly as I expected). I then asked the question of how long after receiving the mail I would have to send the passport off. At first he said unlimited time, which I knew was misinformed. I had to restate the question three times, then he said that it was maybe two weeks but I would not know until I got the notification. I asked him to clarify what was the usual time scale and he stated he wasnt authorised to say that. I then asked if there was anyone who could answer that as I wanted to book a holiday in Europe and do not want to miss the "send passport" window to which he responded no one knows the answer to that..

Sheesh, this is rediculous, all it would take is either a little communication or just allowing one month to send off a passport, the fact that they cannot even tell me how long I would have to send off my passport is just befuddling. So here I am missing out on my summer holidays because they cant even give me the time limit to send off my passport.

Honestly, if I wasn't trying to get a visa to attend my brother in laws wedding I'd just tell them to forget it :s

Last edited by usadreaming; Sep 14th 2017 at 9:19 am. Reason: Made a call to the information line
Old Sep 14th 2017, 12:29 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by usadreaming
I called the information line.
There's a reason that we refer to it as the misinformation line.

.... the fact that they cannot even tell me how long I would have to send off my passport is just befuddling.
Why have you assumed that they know? They're not the ones who send off the letter... they're simply 3rd party contractors who are paid to read from a script.

So here I am missing out on my summer holidays because they cant even give me the time limit to send off my passport.
With respect, they are not responsible for your needing a waiver! You did that yourself.

Honestly, if I wasn't trying to get a visa to attend my brother in laws wedding I'd just tell them to forget it :s
US immigration has no interest in why you want the visa - and they certainly don't care about your inconvenience.

Ian
Old Sep 14th 2017, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hmmm, it looks like you are at least getting somewhere.
My interview was 23 weeks ago and haven't heard a peep since.

EDIT: Rather frustrated after the previous response in this thread so I called the information line. Im flabbergasted about how inefficient their service is.. I checked that my application was still processing (which he told me it was, exactly as I expected). I then asked the question of how long after receiving the mail I would have to send the passport off. At first he said unlimited time, which I knew was misinformed. I had to restate the question three times, then he said that it was maybe two weeks but I would not know until I got the notification. I asked him to clarify what was the usual time scale and he stated he wasnt authorised to say that. I then asked if there was anyone who could answer that as I wanted to book a holiday in Europe and do not want to miss the "send passport" window to which he responded no one knows the answer to that..

Sheesh, this is rediculous, all it would take is either a little communication or just allowing one month to send off a passport, the fact that they cannot even tell me how long I would have to send off my passport is just befuddling. So here I am missing out on my summer holidays because they cant even give me the time limit to send off my passport.

You normally have 30 days to send in your passport. Going to Europe for a week or so is perfectly safe.
Old Sep 14th 2017, 4:19 pm
Just Joined

usadreaming is an unknown quantity at this point

@Ian, you are as ever are the voice of reason. You make a very good point that they are probably contractors. However my point being that on point 3 RE: me missing my summer holidays, the reply below from shiversaint was SPOT ON! Thanks @shiversaint. It is indeed 30 days which illustrates my point, shiversaint appears to know more than the consulate misadvice line!! If they could have just mentioned that it would likely have been 30 days I could have happily booked a holiday worry free.

Now, you may ask how I know that shiversaint is correct?

I made the call described earlier at about 12.30pm my time.

Lo and behold, 4 hours later...

https://ibb.co/daV3Dk

Are we 100% that we are powerless to influence in any way? That is the mother of all coincidences...
Old Sep 14th 2017, 4:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Congratulations usadreaming. I only hope mine doesn't take 23 weeks....
Old Sep 14th 2017, 4:43 pm
Account Closed

Lo and behold, 4 hours later...
Magic!

Ian
Old Sep 14th 2017, 5:32 pm
Just Joined

Hle311 is an unknown quantity at this point

I went for my interview on 31st May, 2nd application and therefore 2nd waiver; received my email to send passport today so just over 15 weeks which is a wonderful surprise! This time round I fully expected I'd get it as nothing had changed since my previous application so I was much more relaxed and pretty much put it out of my mind and carried on as normal and there we have it...very happy person right here!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.