Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Jul 29th 2017, 6:14 pm
KTG
Forum Regular

KTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by Gilbo68
hi, i am considering sending mine back by special delivery otherwise i have to drive 30 miles to drop it is, i know you said u are also doing that - is there somewhere where its written that embassy are okay with that.
Hey

Yes on the instructions you can either take it to the courier or send back special delivery. As long as you put page 2 in then you are ok. I sent it this morning.
Old Jul 29th 2017, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

Gilbo68 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KTG
Hey

Yes on the instructions you can either take it to the courier or send back special delivery. As long as you put page 2 in then you are ok. I sent it this morning.
thank you ktg for your reply, what i should have said was that i am considering returning mine to the embassy by special delivery as the courier company is 30 miles away and i would have to drop it at the couriers (not drop at the embassy) i know it will be returned back to the couriers once visa issued. my reason for considering special delivery is that i can send it monday, otherwise it means waiting another week to travel to nottingham to the couriers. apologies for the confusion. thanks to everyone for advice xxx
Old Aug 1st 2017, 9:08 am
Just Joined

jbsos is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I've been obtaining b1/b2 waivers for nearly 20 years after being found permanently ineligible through misrep. However I've done little with the visa (just holidays and conferences). What have others reasons for travel have others successfully completed with their b1/b2? Thanks
Old Aug 4th 2017, 6:25 pm
Just Joined

Mel20 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I'm in a similar situation and I'm sure this has been asked many times.y husband had his interview yesterday but was denied a visa due to a drug conviction 11 years ago when he was over 18 years old. He was recommended for a waiver. We are due to go to Florida in October and I know it won't be back in time and yes before anyone says it I know we should have do it sooner, but I am able to change the dates of my holiday and I'm really considering it. My husband thinks I should take our children without him as he's worried that even if we change the dates the waiver we get declined. I'm just wanting to hear people's experiences of get the waiver with a drug conviction since trump came into power. Many thanks
Old Aug 4th 2017, 6:34 pm
KTG
Forum Regular

KTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mel20
Hi I'm in a similar situation and I'm sure this has been asked many times.y husband had his interview yesterday but was denied a visa due to a drug conviction 11 years ago when he was over 18 years old. He was recommended for a waiver. We are due to go to Florida in October and I know it won't be back in time and yes before anyone says it I know we should have do it sooner, but I am able to change the dates of my holiday and I'm really considering it. My husband thinks I should take our children without him as he's worried that even if we change the dates the waiver we get declined. I'm just wanting to hear people's experiences of get the waiver with a drug conviction since trump came into power. Many thanks
Hey 😀

I had a drugs conviction from 15 years ago (ecstasy and amphetamine).

I had my interview on the 3rd March and got recommended for a waiver. I had the email last Friday to send my passport. Sent my passport on Monday and had an email today to say it has been sent back out and i should be able to pick my passport up in a few days.

If you are recommended then from reading on here you will get it - it's now just a waiting game.

Change your holiday dates, sit tight and all will come good. X
Old Aug 4th 2017, 6:38 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

My husband thinks I should take our children without him as he's worried that even if we change the dates the waiver we get declined.
Nonsense. He's creating an issue where none exists. The US has no interest whatsoever in when or where you travel. All that matters, is that you all have either a valid visa or valid ESTA. That said, whether or not you cancel the tickets or travel without him is entirely up to you. US immigration won't care one way or the other.

I'm just wanting to hear people's experiences of get the waiver with a drug conviction since trump came into power.
Completely irrelevant. Nothing about the process has changed.

Ian
Old Aug 4th 2017, 6:44 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Nonsense. He's creating an issue where none exists. The US has no interest whatsoever in when or where you travel. All that matters, is that you all have either a valid visa or valid ESTA. That said, whether or not you cancel the tickets or travel without him is entirely up to you. US immigration won't care one way or the other.

Completely irrelevant. Nothing about the process has changed.

Ian
That's not what I meant. I know they don't care when I go it's just him that is thinking he has no hope ever getting into America
Old Aug 4th 2017, 6:46 pm
Just Joined

Thank you so much. I've told him this. I think he has got himself onto such a state he is just worried that it will be a no again, and he will have to go through telling are children it's a no again.
Old Aug 4th 2017, 6:49 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

That's not what I meant. I know they don't care when I go it's just him that is thinking he has no hope ever getting into America
I apologize - I completely misread your post.

If your husband has been recommended for a waiver, then there is a 99+% chance that it'll be approved. It's time consuming for sure and probably a 6 or 7 months wait, but he'll get the waiver if he was recommended for it.

Ian
Old Aug 4th 2017, 7:08 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I apologize - I completely misread your post.

If your husband has been recommended for a waiver, then there is a 99+% chance that it'll be approved. It's time consuming for sure and probably a 6 or 7 months wait, but he'll get the waiver if he was recommended for it.

Ian
Not certain how many refusals I have seen, 3?

Trimp thing may sound odd but of you only read the MSM it is perhaps understandable.
Old Aug 5th 2017, 5:28 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by KTG
Hey 😀

I had a drugs conviction from 15 years ago (ecstasy and amphetamine).

I had my interview on the 3rd March and got recommended for a waiver. I had the email last Friday to send my passport. Sent my passport on Monday and had an email today to say it has been sent back out and i should be able to pick my passport up in a few days.

If you are recommended then from reading on here you will get it - it's now just a waiting game.

Change your holiday dates, sit tight and all will come good. X
Just a quick question. After my husband got the visa denied form he was hat upset he just walked out. What I'm wondering is does the embassy's automatically apply for the waiver for him or did he have to stay abd do something?
Old Aug 5th 2017, 5:36 pm
KTG
Forum Regular

If the immigration agent told them they would be recommended then should be fine. I guess it depends at what point of the interview and what manor he walked out with.
Old Aug 5th 2017, 5:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by KTG
If the immigration agent told them they would be recommended then should be fine. I guess it depends at what point of the interview and what manor he walked out with.
He was given the form that gave reason for denied and it stated he had been recommended for the waiver. He walked off in tears but not in an angry way. He was just unable to speak due to being so upset
Old Aug 5th 2017, 6:05 pm
Just Joined

Tambling is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,last week I was asked to send passport for visa issuance and nothing since. I have checked my online status and it says administrative processing and it could take several weeks. Can I request my passport back cuz I would like to have an holiday I. September and can't afford for the embassy to hold my passport. Just really stressed out with the process now.
Old Aug 5th 2017, 6:46 pm
KTG
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tambling
Hi,last week I was asked to send passport for visa issuance and nothing since. I have checked my online status and it says administrative processing and it could take several weeks. Can I request my passport back cuz I would like to have an holiday I. September and can't afford for the embassy to hold my passport. Just really stressed out with the process now.
I posted mine on Friday and got signed for at the embassy on Monday. I had an email yesterday to say it had been sent back and would be with the courier in a few days. Hopefully yours won't be too long.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.