Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Dec 21st 2016, 6:26 pm
Just Joined

noonelikeyou is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

My stepfather requested a f1 visa for me but with another name and another passport back in 2008 when I was 16

Last edited by noonelikeyou; Dec 21st 2016 at 6:32 pm.
Old Dec 21st 2016, 7:30 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Probably need an immigrant waiver, I 601.

Non immigrant waiver is different, now your waiver would be based on hardships to spouse and child.
Old Dec 21st 2016, 7:36 pm
Just Joined

Ok Thank you
Old Dec 21st 2016, 10:09 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by noonelikeyou
Now that my wife is a legal permanent resident and my son is a US Citizen...
Having an LPR wife and a USC son is largely irrelevant... and neither of them can help you. They are allowed to live in the US... you are not - at least, not at this point in time.

What would happen if I apply for immigrant visa (after I-130 has been approved)?
You still need a waiver. If you were denied a waiver for a non-immigrant visa, it's highly likely that you'll also be denied a waiver for an immigrant visa.

Ian
Old Dec 21st 2016, 10:10 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
... now your waiver would be based on hardships to spouse and child.
I agree... but he's been out of the US for almost 1.5 years... how much hardship can there be?

Ian
Old Dec 21st 2016, 10:52 pm
Just Joined

I will be deny the visa after the interview or the waiver (I-601)?
Old Dec 22nd 2016, 2:03 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

After the interview.
Old Dec 22nd 2016, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

Saphir is an unknown quantity at this point

Start with i 130 petition for spouse,You can still come into the USA as an immigrant if your LPR wife can demonstrate hardship which will lead to the i601 waiver for ground of inadmissibility. Keep in mind that since your wife is an LPR the process to get an visa interview appointment is slower than for a US citizen, you have to follow visa bulletin to see if you priority date become current.right now they are working on March 2015 I believe. When you get to the visa appointment you know for surethat the will denied visa because of the previous misrepresentation in your record, you will then start you paperwork for i601 waiver for ground of inadmissibility which is taking about 9 months to process.
Good luck
Old Dec 28th 2016, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

L2Waiver is an unknown quantity at this point

Is it possible to enter the US with a renewed passport and the current visa+waiver in the old passport ?

This is not a problem with a normal visa but I've never heard of anyone doing it with a waiver ...
Old Dec 28th 2016, 8:23 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by L2Waiver
Is it possible to enter the US with a renewed passport and the current visa+waiver in the old passport ?
So long as both the visa and waiver are valid, yes. Whether it's a visa alone or visa/waiver combination is irrelevant.

Ian
Old Jan 2nd 2017, 7:19 am
Just Joined

JThomp15 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Happy New Year.
I have been having a read through the posts, my husband is currently waiting for a waiver. We are due to travel in June, we didn't realise at the time of applying for a visa that u could get a waiver of ineligibility thought it would just be a yes or no answer and if he got a no he won't come but now we are all waiting in anticipation on wether he will receive the waiver in time. His application was made on the 1st Dec.
I have tried to google as much as I can but can see most waivers are taking 6-8 months so the likely hood for us is that he may not got his waiver before our travel date.
I then saw a spreadsheet on the embassy website which is produced by the Scotland consulate which show the applications they are processing and the current turn around time for them is 4-5 months, do Scotland get theirs processed quicker? I thought all our waivers go to the same place so no matter where you went to apply for your visa the turnaround time would be the same time.
Does anyone have any ideas on this?
Thank you in advance.
Old Jan 2nd 2017, 12:12 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by JThomp15
I then saw a spreadsheet on the embassy website which is produced by the Scotland consulate which show the applications they are processing and the current turn around time for them is 4-5 months, do Scotland get theirs processed quicker?
AFAIK, and I've been following US immigration for 18+ years, all US immigrant and non-immigrant visas are processed through the US Consular Service in London. I'm not sure what it was that you read but something isn't adding up. Can you post a link to the page?

I thought all our waivers go to the same place so no matter where you went to apply for your visa the turnaround time would be the same time.
To my knowledge, this is correct.

Ian
Old Jan 2nd 2017, 12:20 pm
Just Joined

JThomp15 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Ian
Thanks for your reply.

Link for the spreadsheet is below and hopefully works:

https://uk.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/16/2016/12/waiver_processing_belfast_16dec2016-take2.pdf

I found this on the us embassy website.

Regards,
Jade
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 1:27 pm
P72
Just Joined

P72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
My husband attended his appointment on 5th Aug, passed for a waiver due too criminal offence 34yrs ago.
Today we have received an email requiring a sworn statement , including a summary of the offence and the circumstances surrounding it, before & afterward offence.
Apparently the waiver application had been passed for processing and this is additional information required by DHS? All information inc dates, court etc were given too the embassy along with ACRO information.
Surely the sworn statement is not the original police statement from 34yrs ago, but more of a statement from my husband?
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 1:35 pm
KTG
Forum Regular

KTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond repute

When filling in the DS160 form, as my conviction is for possession of ecstasy, do I have to say yes to the "have you been a drugs abuser or addict"

I would not class myself as either however for the purposes of this form, does abuser mean the same as user?

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.