Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Oct 25th 2016, 11:00 am
Just Joined

freeranger is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

I see, thanks for the answers. Had been hoping it would be possible a little earlier than 5 years, but at least its way better than the 15 years I at first thought i'd have to wait when mistakenly looking at immigrant visas!

So just to make it clear, the way I read your response, if I were to apply for a shorter term visa e.g. a single-entry I should be able to get one earlier than in 5 years, so it's better to apply for 'smaller' visas to increase my chances of getting recommended for a waiver?

Thanks!
Old Oct 25th 2016, 12:38 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by freeranger
So just to make it clear, the way I read your response, if I were to apply for a shorter term visa e.g. a single-entry I should be able to get one earlier than in 5 years, so it's better to apply for 'smaller' visas to increase my chances of getting recommended for a waiver?
You apply for a visa... that's it. Full stop. End of story. The Consular Officer at your visa interview will decide whether or not to approve the visa or deny it. If it's approved, the ConOff will decide whether it'll be for single or multiple entries, and how long it'll be valid for. You don't get any say in the matter. Indeed, you get no say at all. The ConOff isn't obligated to listen to anything you have to say, or look at any paperwork you happen to bring with you to the interview. If the visa is denied, it's the end of the road... until such time as you reapply.

You wrote that it was a recent conviction for shoplifting - a CIMT... I'd wait 5 years. If it was a drug offense involving marijuana, I'd wait 10 years. If it was a drug offense involving cocaine or heroin, I'd wait 15 years.

The only thing I know for sure, is that the longer the duration between when you were convicted and when you apply for the visa... the better your chances of actually getting the visa approved!

Ian
Old Oct 25th 2016, 4:39 pm
Just Joined

freeranger is an unknown quantity at this point

Alright, that clears it up. Thanks for the help.
Old Oct 27th 2016, 11:54 pm
Just Joined

Mistyknight17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good morning everyone.

Having been asked to submit my passport for visa issuance I wanted to ask ..

Has anyone sent direct to the embassy by courier as opposed to the dx office ?!

I'm sending my passport from NYC by FedEx and wondered in experience which would be safer.

I will be collecting my passport when approved with visa from the DX location in London.

Many thanks.
Old Oct 28th 2016, 1:34 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mistyknight17
Has anyone sent direct to the embassy by courier as opposed to the dx office ?!
It makes no difference how you get the passport to them.

I'm sending my passport from NYC by FedEx and wondered in experience which would be safer.

I will be collecting my passport when approved with visa from the DX location in London.
These two comments suggest you will be travelling to London... how will you do that if you send your passport before you leave the US?

Ian
Old Oct 28th 2016, 3:53 am
Just Joined

Mistyknight17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
It makes no difference how you get the passport to them.

Thank you very much.

These two comments suggest you will be travelling to London... how will you do that if you send your passport before you leave the US?

Ian

Yes for the purpose of having to wait so long for visa processing I was granted a second passport.
Old Oct 31st 2016, 10:11 pm
Just Joined

Rud1 is an unknown quantity at this point

My L1 US Visa personal timeline:

Interview at London Embassy - February 17th 2016
Refused VISA Informed that I was to be recommended for a Waiver of Ineligibility
Email received for Waiver acceptance - 7th October 2016

Total waiting time - 33 weeks and 2 days!

To those still waiting. Good luck.
Old Oct 31st 2016, 10:20 pm
Just Joined

To all,

After receiving the email to issue my passport for L1 visa application. We have started the process of adding my newborn daughter to the visa as a Child of an L1 applicant.

After paying the necessary 190USD for the visa application fee. I received a very strange email from [email protected]

"As of October 18, 2016 we are no longer authorized to accept credit card payments if the card holder is not present. We are, therefore, unable to process your payment.

In order to continue with your application, you are required to send us an International Money Order in dollars for the sum of $210 made payable to the U.S. Dispersing Officer. We cannot accept any other form of payment, including personal checks or cash."

It did not carry any of my application specifics, such as passport details or application refs and to be honest I thought it was a spam/phishing mail other than the fact it seems to have come from a legit email address.

Does anyone else have any information on something similar?
Is it true that they no longer accept credit card payments?
FYI -
The original payment has been approved and not returned.

Anybody with any information would be greatly appreciated.
Old Nov 1st 2016, 12:17 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Rud1
After paying the necessary 190USD for the visa application fee...
When did you send payment?

Ian
Old Nov 1st 2016, 12:31 am
Just Joined

Payment was made on 24th Oct. Which I understand was after the deadline stated. But as mentioned, the first payment was made successfully and has not since been returned or rejected.

This request for international money order to be sent just seems a little sketchy. Like I say it carries no particulars and no specifics.
Old Nov 1st 2016, 12:45 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Rud1
Like I say it carries no particulars and no specifics.
I'd hold off on doing anything just yet. My initial search didn't find anything to support the claim that the DOS no longer accept credit card payments if you're not present.

While the US Department of State is the agency that issues visas, it's likely that your application and fee went to USCIS. I'm not sure what happens to the money after USCIS gets it... but my understanding is that all money received for visa fees goes to the US Department of the Treasury for deposit.

Hopefully, someone else will be along shortly to confirm/deny.

Ian
Old Nov 1st 2016, 4:05 am
KTG
Forum Regular

KTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone

I can see some people have mentioned 5 year Visa's - even the first time round. Is this a new thing?

Thanks
Old Nov 1st 2016, 10:23 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by KTG
Is this a new thing?
No.

Ian
Old Nov 2nd 2016, 1:36 am
KTG
Forum Regular

KTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
No.

Ian
Thanks Ian.

I am sure I read on here previously that 5 year vids are never given to first time applicants. Are all new visas valid for 5 years?
Old Nov 2nd 2016, 4:21 am
Forum Regular

serenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KTG
Thanks Ian.

Are all new visas valid for 5 years?

No.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.