Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Sep 21st 2016, 10:17 pm
Just Joined

Mandplus4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by Alex234
I am 19 weeks and waiting. Can anyone explain why most people who went for their interview in Balfast seem to be getting ther visas in around 4 - 4.5 months ? My understanding was that all visas are sent to the same place in the US to be processed so why does the location of your interview seem to effect the processing time ?

Here is latest Belfast list, updated in 9th sept https://uk.usembassy.gov/embassy-con...cessing-times/
i was wondering about that too...when we were looking to book the interview there were no appointments at london or belfast for 4 months! we were willing to travel to whichever one had a cancellation first and one came up in london a week later. hope you hear something soon
Old Sep 22nd 2016, 12:09 am
Just Joined

BecBoo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alex234
I am 19 weeks and waiting. Can anyone explain why most people who went for their interview in Balfast seem to be getting ther visas in around 4 - 4.5 months ? My understanding was that all visas are sent to the same place in the US to be processed so why does the location of your interview seem to effect the processing time ?

Here is latest Belfast list, updated in 9th sept https://uk.usembassy.gov/embassy-con...cessing-times/
Hi, my understanding is that london as more applicants to process then Belfast. when you attend your interview the recommendation for a wavier gets sent to a department in Washington for review, then their response to grant or decline the request is then sent back to the consulate or embassy where you applied. It's when the embassy or consulate gets around to submitting you a email for visa issueance. London as a vast higher applications to process then Belfast so this is why applicants tend to wait longer then Belfast applicants. I found all this information on several websites I was looking at a few months back.
Old Sep 22nd 2016, 12:12 am
Just Joined

Good News everyone my dad got an email this morning to send in his passport for visa issueance. Interview was 4th April so it as taken 24 weeks and two days we now can start looking forward to our holiday next year
Old Sep 22nd 2016, 2:21 am
Just Joined

Mandplus4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BecBoo1
Good News everyone my dad got an email this morning to send in his passport for visa issueance. Interview was 4th April so it as taken 24 weeks and two days we now can start looking forward to our holiday next year
Fantastic news.. Have a wonderful holiday
Old Sep 22nd 2016, 2:50 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mandplus4
Fantastic news.. Have a wonderful holiday
Thank you
Old Sep 22nd 2016, 10:17 pm
Just Joined

Chelsea1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi was just hoping for some guidance on the wait time of a visa of ineligibility, my partner had an interview in London back in June and still no news! 😔 is there anyway of tracking them

Thanks in advance
Old Sep 22nd 2016, 10:53 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chelsea1
... hoping for some guidance on the wait time of a visa of ineligibility...
The average wait time seems to be anywhere from 5-8 months.

... is there anyway of tracking them
No.

Ian
Old Sep 22nd 2016, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

hsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BecBoo1
Hi BecBoo1
We were all really hoping that your Father's email would arrive.
It is great news. Congratulations.
Old Sep 22nd 2016, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

serenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond repute

Hi was just hoping for some guidance on the wait time of a visa of ineligibility, my partner had an interview in London back in June and still no news! 😔 is there anyway of tracking them

Thanks in advance
Hi Chelsea

I also had my interview in June - my last visa took 32 weeks.
Old Sep 22nd 2016, 11:35 pm
Just Joined

aww no okay, thanks for that Ian! Looks like we have a long wait ahead then! We are ment to fly 3 weeks today! Currently trying to change it! Didn't expect this to happen as he got granted a visa last time and told all being well he would return to get a 5 year one!
Old Sep 22nd 2016, 11:38 pm
Just Joined

is this your second time applying is it serena? This is his too but last time he got granted one on the day and told next time he applied he would get a 5 year one..so disappointing! Do you know if they even accept all application for ineligibility visa or if they can still decline them?
Old Sep 22nd 2016, 11:41 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by hsc0307
Hi BecBoo1
We were all really hoping that your Father's email would arrive.
It is great news. Congratulations.
Hi hsc0307,
We had to cancel our holiday this month as the visa didn't come in time, and our tour operator was great and moved our holiday to June at a small administration cost. My dad as chronic lung disease so we was so eager to get him away with the family again back to Orlando as he loves it there, and now we can I'm so happy that we can start looking forward to the holiday booked and my dad as perked up knowing he can go which is great as it's given him something to look forward too. Thank you for your support and chat along the way, and hoping your enjoying your time in the states
Old Sep 22nd 2016, 11:42 pm
Forum Regular

serenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond repute

is this your second time applying is it? This is his too but last time he got granted one on the day and told next time he applied he would get a 5 year one..so disappointing! Do you know if they even accept all application for ineligibility visa or if they can still decline them?
This is Visa no 3 for me. Was given 2x 1 years visas previously even though for visa no 2 I was recommended for a 2 year. Ian will interject if I am wrong but as your partner has had a visa before its unlikely (if no further crimes have been commited) that it will be refused, but yes they can still decline them, its quite rare though.
Old Sep 22nd 2016, 11:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by serenawell
This is Visa no 3 for me. Was given 2x 1 years visas previously even though for visa no 2 I was recommended for a 2 year. Ian will interject if I am wrong but as your partner has had a visa before its unlikely (if no further crimes have been commited) that it will be refused, but yes they can still decline them, its quite rare though.
I'm so hoping he gets this one! He hasn't had any criminal convictions for over 10 years and as I said he was granted a visa back in 2011 and nothing has changed! Oh gosh really, don't think I could go through this process more than once! the furthest we can move the holiday is January so that will be 7 months from interview im just praying it comes! How do they contact u providing it goes ahead?
Thanks again for your help
Old Sep 22nd 2016, 11:52 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Do you know if they even accept all application for ineligibility visa or if they can still decline them?
If he was recommended for a waiver, he will almost certainly get it. If the officer didn't think the issue was waivable, the visa would have been denied on the spot. The actual review time for the waiver is only a few minutes, but there are hundreds of thousands of waiver applications already in line ahead of his... so that's what the wait time is - waiting for his application to come to the top of the pile.

Ian

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.