Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Sep 8th 2016, 10:43 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by P72
Unfortunately like others, I have just found this site.
My husband was refused a visa for our pre booked and paid family holiday for this December.
His appointment date was 5th Aug, he was told they were recommending him for a waiver of ineligibility, everything has been going quickly since and the officer said wait time is approx 5 months atm?
I have seen that Belfast embassy have their list of waiver applications too view online for progress? But I can't seam too find one for London applications?
We can't amend or change our booking so if he doesn't get one in time, it's safe too say we go without him or loose the holiday. My husband has rang a few times too see if they have started the process or for further updates?
No point in ringing as they will not tell you anything, it's just wait till they contact you, but it really seems as though you have very little chance of getting the visa through in time, even allowing for the quickest times that have been reported recently.
Old Sep 9th 2016, 3:29 am
P72
Just Joined

P72 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think that Belfast have a great idea by publishing the current waiver application list. By checking your ref number against those on the list you are able too see where you are on the list, what stage of processing your waiver they are at.
Old Sep 9th 2016, 4:45 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by P72
We can't amend or change our booking so if he doesn't get one in time, it's safe too say we go without him or loose the holiday.
Sadly, this will likely be the outcome. Waivers are currently taking about 5-6 months to process.

My husband has rang a few times too see if they have started the process or for further updates?
He should stop - because they won't give him any information other than it's in process. This is all they are authorized to tell you.

By checking your ref number against those on the list you are able too see where you are on the list...
True - but knowing where you are on the list gives you no useful information as to how quickly the waiver will process - because you don't know how long any individual ahead of you will take to clear the process. That said, there are many more waivers processed via London than Belfast.

Ian
Old Sep 18th 2016, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

hsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond repute

Ian
I need your advice again.
We got here,finally, after a fairly uncomfortable time through immigration.
5 year E2 visa but I-94 says admitted until 2018. What happens when we get close to this date?
Old Sep 18th 2016, 10:43 pm
Just Joined

TheWaitingPlace is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,
Quick update from me. Today is exactly 8 months since the interview and no news at all . Law firm have procedure to escalate it through their London office - waiting to see if my company will fund that. I have written a letter addressed to embassy. Apparently there is a possibility that it has been delayed due to the fact I am applying for 2 visas simultaneously (spouse and intra-company L-1). Also possibly due to the fact that my original application for waiver was recommended for expedition which took a few weeks to be turned down.
Either way, I'm still waiting. Difficult situation with my job and personally with my wife living in USA for 6 months now.
Appreciate any advice, information, sympathy etc.
Old Sep 19th 2016, 12:15 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hsc0307
5 year E2 visa but I-94 says admitted until 2018. What happens when we get close to this date?
Since the I-94 determines the date by which you must leave the US, I suggest that when you get close to that date you take a day trip to Canada or Mexico and re-enter the US. You'll get a new I-94 when you re-enter. Or, if you think the I-94 was issued in error, you can make an appointment with a deferred inspection station to have it corrected.

Ian
Old Sep 20th 2016, 9:05 pm
Just Joined

Mandplus4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone.. My first post..Does anyone have any current wait times they can share? Hubby is at week 18 from London interview..Recommended for a five yr waiver.. Offence was possession of a small amount of cannabis 15 yrs ago where he received a £25 fine. Thanks in advance
Old Sep 20th 2016, 9:59 pm
Just Joined

Quickest I've seen this year is about 5 months. I'm over 8 months but see my post(s) above for details
Old Sep 20th 2016, 10:52 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by TheWaitingPlace
Quickest I've seen this year is about 5 months. I'm over 8 months but see my post(s) above for details
Wow 8 months! thanks for the reply
Old Sep 21st 2016, 9:53 am
Just Joined

BecBoo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

We have just hit 24 weeks so 6 months and still haven't heard.....
Old Sep 21st 2016, 6:23 pm
Just Joined

Alex234 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mandplus4
Hi Everyone.. My first post..Does anyone have any current wait times they can share? Hubby is at week 18 from London interview..Recommended for a five yr waiver.. Offence was possession of a small amount of cannabis 15 yrs ago where he received a £25 fine. Thanks in advance
I am 19 weeks and waiting. Can anyone explain why most people who went for their interview in Balfast seem to be getting ther visas in around 4 - 4.5 months ? My understanding was that all visas are sent to the same place in the US to be processed so why does the location of your interview seem to effect the processing time ?

Here is latest Belfast list, updated in 9th sept https://uk.usembassy.gov/embassy-con...cessing-times/
Old Sep 21st 2016, 9:57 pm
Just Joined

Marvaluss is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I've been viewing this website for a while and appreciate the wealth of knowledge and assistance from the members.

I had my interview in London on the 19th Of April. I have just received an email for me to send my passport for Visa issuance. So just over 5 months. (22 weeks and 2 days)
Old Sep 21st 2016, 10:02 pm
Just Joined

Marvaluss - what visa are you applying for please?
After 8 months I am starting to get worried there is a serious problem with mine...
Old Sep 21st 2016, 10:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BecBoo1
We have just hit 24 weeks so 6 months and still haven't heard.....
oh no! have you booked a trip? fingers crossed you hear something soon
Old Sep 21st 2016, 10:14 pm
Just Joined

Marvaluss is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TheWaitingPlace
Marvaluss - what visa are you applying for please?
After 8 months I am starting to get worried there is a serious problem with mine...
Hi,

It is a standard B1/B2 Business & Tourism visa.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.