Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Jan 24th 2016, 10:20 pm
Banned

stevenwalker211278 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by yum2yum
Is it worth getting a second British passport before you go and leaving the current one at home with family to post for you? I know plenty of people with two because of visa difficulties , complications etc.
this could be a idea

what is the time scale you get after your get the email requesting the passport for visa
Old Jan 24th 2016, 11:44 pm
Forum Regular

yum2yum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stevenwalker211278
this could be a idea

what is the time scale you get after your get the email requesting the passport for visa
30 days I think.
Old Jan 25th 2016, 3:06 am
Forum Regular

just rite is an unknown quantity at this point

30 days I think.
How can any one legally has 2 passport?
Old Jan 25th 2016, 3:20 am
Forum Regular

yum2yum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by just rite
Brits can have two if you can show you need them for, for instance, applying for visas at the same time as needing to travel.

Not sure if the same applies elsewhere.
Old Jan 25th 2016, 3:22 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Brits can have two if you can show you need them for, for instance, applying for visas at the same time as needing to travel.

Not sure if the same applies elsewhere.
Some people have two if they are travelling to Israel and to other countries that do not recognise Israel,
Old Jan 25th 2016, 3:38 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by just rite
Any number of UK citizens have two passports. In future, I suggest you to try to do a bit of research on your own before asking a question! Google is usually up and running 24/7.

Ian
Old Jan 25th 2016, 4:01 am
BE Forum Addict

dj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Any number of UK citizens have two passports. In future, I suggest you to try to do a bit of research on your own before asking a question! Google is usually up and running 24/7.

Ian
Military personnel have had 2 passports in the past

Imagine having a visa for Saudi Arabia, and then trying to enter perhaps Israel on same passport

As you can imagine it 'helped' to keep certain countries visas hidden!
Old Jan 25th 2016, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

serenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond repute

Just had my email to send passport.

Interview date was 12th June 2015.

Just have to wait now to see if I got the 2year visa they recommended me for.
Old Jan 26th 2016, 4:47 am
Just Joined

TheBsKnees is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by serenawell

Congrats, serenawell! I know you've been waiting patiently as possible and have been very kind to everyone else here waiting as well. Well done!
Old Jan 26th 2016, 5:16 am
Forum Regular

serenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheBsKnees
Congrats, serenawell! I know you've been waiting patiently as possible and have been very kind to everyone else here waiting as well. Well done!
Thank you BsKnees. I am the most impatient person in the world so this has driven me crazy LOL.
Old Jan 26th 2016, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

Tweety23 is an unknown quantity at this point

That's great! Well done and fingers crossed for the 2 year visa! 😀
Old Jan 26th 2016, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tweety23
That's great! Well done and fingers crossed for the 2 year visa! 😀
Thank you Tweety. Has hubbys passport come back yet ??
Old Jan 26th 2016, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

Thank you Tweety. Has hubbys passport come back yet ??
No, not yet. It arrived at the Embassy last Wed (taken to courier last Sat) - still there currently. Will let you know if he gets another 1 year or more.
Old Jan 26th 2016, 12:24 pm
Just Joined

TheBsKnees is an unknown quantity at this point

As luck might have it, the other half got his email today to send passport when he got home from work.
Interview 2 May 2014
never recieved 1st email was told
dated 29 Oct 2014
Email request for new itinerary
26 May 2015
Email request to send passport
27 Jan 2016
They actually sent the email in duplicate today. Same email exactly. Sent at the same time.
Old Jan 29th 2016, 4:11 am
Forum Regular

Quick update: my Husband has collected his passport today (just under 2 weeks since sent) and has been given a 10 year visa!! After the lengthy wait this is a very welcome outcome - really surprised as his first was for 1 year.

One question for those in the know, his current passport will expire in 8 years, is the visa transferable to a new passport?

Many thanks for all the advice and good luck to others waiting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.