Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Jan 16th 2016, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

Tweety23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
I'm pleased to hear that it all got sorted eventually, however your wait time isn't typical.

I'm going to stick my neck out here and suggest that either your husband's case has unusual aggravating factors or the case file got lost and forgotten about somewhere between the consulate and the ARO.

Hopefully he has better luck on his next application.
Thank you. I agree, this doesn't seem typical and was certainly not the experience he had with his previous application. We assume it got lost as it's a straightforward application (surprisingly, he didn't get called in secondary on his last two visits to the US).
We did email the Embassy about it last week, so perhaps someone does respond to enquiries if enough time has passed...!
Old Jan 20th 2016, 3:45 am
Forum Regular

just rite is an unknown quantity at this point

No updates ?
Old Jan 21st 2016, 8:09 am
Just Joined

Bossy24 is an unknown quantity at this point

My son has received the email since applying 5/2/15. He has had to change his passport does he only sends his current passport??h

Last edited by Bossy24; Jan 21st 2016 at 8:52 am.
Old Jan 21st 2016, 10:20 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bossy24
He has had to change his passport does he only sends his current passport?
He should send the valid passport, yes.

Ian
Old Jan 21st 2016, 10:22 am
Just Joined

Bossy24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you so much for your answer. Very exciting for him.
Old Jan 21st 2016, 11:49 pm
Just Joined

Chele is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,
Thought this myt b of use to everyone.. Last year i booked a holiday to florida not realising i wud need a visa for an old conviction.. I booked the holiday for august.. Heres my timeline..

June 17th 2015 interview at the london US embassy
Rebooked holiday for february 2016
January arrived and had heard nothing.. Almost ready to cancel holiday..
11th january 2016 received a email to send off passport.. Sent it that day!..
19th january received email to collect passport
22nd january 2016 (today) literally just collected passport
Visa is for 12 months!..

2 weeks left until i fly out!!...

I was reading all the other posts on here and notice that although someone might have there interview before another it doesn't nessasarily mean they will get through the process quicker.. Each case is dependent on how long it takes 3rd parties etc to send required files etc back to dhs.. So don't be disheartened if someone who applied before you hasn't received theirs yet.. Theres still hope!

As soon as my visa was issued and passport sent back to the courier company my ceac status changed from refused to issued.. Hope this helps! I can now take my daughter to disneyworld!!! Goodluck all.
Old Jan 22nd 2016, 2:06 am
Forum Regular

Newyork is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chele
Hi guys,
Thought this myt b of use to everyone.. Last year i booked a holiday to florida not realising i wud need a visa for an old conviction.. I booked the holiday for august.. Heres my timeline..

June 17th 2015 interview at the london US embassy
Rebooked holiday for february 2016
January arrived and had heard nothing.. Almost ready to cancel holiday..
11th january 2016 received a email to send off passport.. Sent it that day!..
19th january received email to collect passport
22nd january 2016 (today) literally just collected passport
Visa is for 12 months!..

2 weeks left until i fly out!!...

I was reading all the other posts on here and notice that although someone might have there interview before another it doesn't nessasarily mean they will get through the process quicker.. Each case is dependent on how long it takes 3rd parties etc to send required files etc back to dhs.. So don't be disheartened if someone who applied before you hasn't received theirs yet.. Theres still hope!

As soon as my visa was issued and passport sent back to the courier company my ceac status changed from refused to issued.. Hope this helps! I can now take my daughter to disneyworld!!! Goodluck all.
Great news for you , well done , but that was cutting it fine for sure.
Enjoy your holiday , your daughter will be thrilled.
Thanks for the update, just remember you will probably have to go to a secondary interview when you arrive but that should be straight forward and quick.

Newyork
Old Jan 22nd 2016, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

serenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond repute

I had my interview 12th June - 32 weeks ago today. I'm happy that you have had your email and passport back. I can't change how long it's going to take for mine to come, I know it will arrive at some point.
Old Jan 22nd 2016, 9:55 am
Just Joined

austin98 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi to everyone,

This is my first post. Just thought that some of you might be interested in the outcome re my application for waiver of ineligibility under 212(A)(2)(A)(1).

My interview was on 5th May 2015.
Got an email to submit my passport on the 14th Dec.
Received passport back from the Embassy with a 5 year Visa/waiver. This is on a second application for a waiver.

My first waiver was approved on 17th April 2014 for 1 year.
Old Jan 22nd 2016, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

serenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond repute

Wow - 5year waiver on 2nd application - that is awesome. Well done. Thank you for sharing your timeline.
Old Jan 24th 2016, 10:08 am
Banned

stevenwalker211278 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi everyone

great to read updates on here stops me going insane with the long wait

i applied for visa 5th october so know i have a long wait yet

what i need to know is WHEN i do get the email i will be in australia ... where will i have to send my passport if im there does anyone know please
Old Jan 24th 2016, 10:18 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenwalker211278
... WHEN i do get the email i will be in australia ... where will i have to send my passport if im there...
You will send your passport to the US Consulate where you applied for the visa. If, for example, you applied in London, you will send your passport to London.

Ian
Old Jan 24th 2016, 10:30 am
Banned

stevenwalker211278 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You will send your passport to the US Consulate where you applied for the visa. If, for example, you applied in London, you will send your passport to London.

Ian
many thanks ian

just the long wait now .. im taking it is around 32 weeks now from reading on here

and will be a nightmare having to send passport back to london then back to oz
Old Jan 24th 2016, 12:46 pm
Account Closed

... im taking it is around 32 weeks now from reading on here
Lately, it's anywhere from 30-40 weeks - maybe quicker, maybe slower. As we say here, your mileage may vary!

... and will be a nightmare having to send passport back to london then back to oz
You will likely need to make special arrangements when the time comes - the courier that London uses isn't likely to deliver to Australia. Hell, they don't even deliver to Ireland. You may also find that your trip to Australia causes a few more weeks' delay, after you send in your passport, while they check out your new travel pattern.

Ian
Old Jan 24th 2016, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

yum2yum is an unknown quantity at this point

many thanks ian

just the long wait now .. im taking it is around 32 weeks now from reading on here

and will be a nightmare having to send passport back to london then back to oz
Is it worth getting a second British passport before you go and leaving the current one at home with family to post for you? I know plenty of people with two because of visa difficulties , complications etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.