Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Dec 6th 2015, 2:00 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by just rite
can any plz tell wat is my option are if i have any ?
If the visa in 2014 was a mistake, then it seems your only option is to wait until the ban is over in 2023 and try again.

I must say, though, that if someone determines that you knew you had a ban and that you applied for a visa and entered the US anyway (even if it was their fault for issuing the visa), you could be facing a lifetime ban. I believe that entering the US when there is a ban in place is considered a felony - even if a visa was issued by mistake. If you knew there was a ban, then using the visa might have very serious consequences.

Ian
Old Dec 6th 2015, 4:35 am
Forum Regular

just rite is an unknown quantity at this point

I had ban thts why i applied for 212 waiver if i havnt had a ban i didnt need to apply for waiver 2nd point whole point of getting waiver to waive ur ban.for instant if some one have a ban for life and they apply after 5 year and get a waiver so u guys saying he shouldnt go until life thts doesnt make sense.in my understanding if u get waiver it waives ur indmisblity
Old Dec 6th 2015, 4:44 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

The whole point is if you are on a time related ban you are not allowed to apply for a waiver or enter the US until that ban expires.

As you entered the US while banned that ban now becomes a lifetime one.
Old Dec 6th 2015, 4:48 am
Forum Regular

I spoke to many lawyer all said u can apply for waiver any time like harnka case if any one knows abt it.i saw ppl getting waivers for time related bans unless u fall in some serious category like murder terriost etc.
Old Dec 6th 2015, 4:49 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

I had ban thts why i applied for 212 waiver if i havnt had a ban i didnt need to apply for waiver 2nd point whole point of getting waiver to waive ur ban.for instant if some one have a ban for life and they apply after 5 year and get a waiver so u guys saying he shouldnt go until life thts doesnt make sense.in my understanding if u get waiver it waives ur indmisblity
Whatever you think, it seems the US consulate don't agree with you. I think the other comments are correct, you need to accept that you are banned from going to the USA until the 20 years are up.
Old Dec 6th 2015, 5:10 am
Forum Regular

The I-212 Waiver: A Breakdown of the Waiver Application Process if You Have Been Previously Removed, Deported, or Living Undocumented
February 14, 2012 by Staff

The I-212 Waiver can be used to let you re-enter the U.S. if you are currently ineligible to do so. Immigration law says that previous removals from the U.S., including at a port of entry, and unlawful living in the U.S. makes visa applicants ineligible to re-enter the U.S. and ineligible to re-apply for a new immigrant (permanent, resident) visa. The I-212 can be used to waive your ineligibility regardless of previous removal history or history of illegal presence in the U.S.

The I-212 should be filed at the same time or after any other forms necessary for your readmission. If you are applying for an immigrant visa, you should submit your waiver alongside your application for residence. If you are required to submit any other waivers for re-entry, you should file the I-212 at the same time and at the same office. Where you should file your forms will depend on the reason for your ineligibility and the type of visa you will be applying for. Make sure to check that you are applying with the correct office or department.

Possible application destinations could be a local office of the U.S. Consulate, an office of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the U.S. Border and Customs Patrol office, or an office of the U.S. Department of State. Whether or not you can file your waiver while also present in the U.S. will depend on the grounds of your ineligibility. If you have previously lived illegally in the U.S. and this is the reason for your waiver application, you must depart the U.S. before filing your waiver.
Once you know whether or not you need to file the I-212 and where you should
Old Dec 6th 2015, 5:26 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

So you applied for a waiver and it was denied. Why are you having such a hard time understanding this and accepting that you cannot go to the USA at this time?
Old Dec 6th 2015, 5:32 am
Forum Regular

I m completly understood but i m trying to correct u tht any ban can be lifted.is not abt me on this last message.i m trying to educute you.my sitution can be differ but in genral all the bans are waivable
Old Dec 6th 2015, 5:37 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

The I-212 Waiver: A Breakdown of the Waiver Application Process if You Have Been Previously Removed, Deported, or Living Undocumented....snipped
Do you notice that the word banned does not appear in what you quoted. You were deported and banned. It is the banned part which makes you ineligible to have a waiver, as long as the ban is in force.
Old Dec 6th 2015, 6:14 am
Forum Regular

Newyork is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lansbury
Do you notice that the word banned does not appear in what you quoted. You were deported and banned. It is the banned part which makes you ineligible to have a waiver, as long as the ban is in force.
Part of the I 212 application states that you must submit details and documents concerning your deportation and removal which includes the length of the ban and how long you have been outside the USA.
Question: Did you do that ? If not , failure to disclose relevant information means a life time ban.
Also , I hope your visa applications contained better English than you post on this forum. lol
Directed to just rite

Last edited by Newyork; Dec 6th 2015 at 6:16 am.
Old Dec 6th 2015, 6:21 am
Account Closed

I m completly understood but i m trying to correct u tht any ban can be lifted.is not abt me on this last message.i m trying to educute you.my sitution can be differ but in genral all the bans are waivable
With respect, I believe it's you that needs to be educated on the situation under discussion. Unfortunately, you appear either unable or unwilling to learn the lessons from other contributors.
Old Dec 6th 2015, 9:05 pm
Just Joined

TheCarMadDad is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys. Thought I would put in my 2p's worth. I've been a long time viewer of this thread and have held back from posting until now.

I went to the London Embassy on 19th May this year in the hope of getting a waiver, due to my previous conviction I was permanently ineligible. A bit about my conviction... In Nov 2007 I was convicted of False Accounting, as a result I spent 7 days at her majesty's pleasure, I was homeless at the time and the politics of my conviction are irrelevant for this post, I'm by no means trying to justify my conviction, however I did just want to be transparent incase anyone has similar to myself. Anyway, today I got that wonderful email telling me to send my passport for Visa Issuance. So 6 months 18 days (or 28 weeks 7 days) later I'm hopefully on the final straight. Passport has just been sent and I await it's return.

I honestly thought I didn't stand a chance of getting a waiver so I'm thrilled!

Lastly, I'm wanting to take my family in Aug 2016 (nothing booked) so I'm just hoping that the Visa is issued for a year, I'm guessing there's no way of telling until the passport is returned?

Thanks for all who contribute to this thread, without it I would've been a blummin' wreck
Old Dec 6th 2015, 9:15 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Please take the time to re-read the Site Rules again, we do ask that you don't use 'text speak' - it makes it incredibly difficult for people to understand your posts.

Thanks.
Old Dec 6th 2015, 11:31 pm
Forum Regular

yum2yum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TheCarMadDad
Hi guys. Thought I would put in my 2p's worth. I've been a long time viewer of this thread and have held back from posting until now.

I went to the London Embassy on 19th May this year in the hope of getting a waiver, due to my previous conviction I was permanently ineligible. A bit about my conviction... In Nov 2007 I was convicted of False Accounting, as a result I spent 7 days at her majesty's pleasure, I was homeless at the time and the politics of my conviction are irrelevant for this post, I'm by no means trying to justify my conviction, however I did just want to be transparent incase anyone has similar to myself. Anyway, today I got that wonderful email telling me to send my passport for Visa Issuance. So 6 months 18 days (or 28 weeks 7 days) later I'm hopefully on the final straight. Passport has just been sent and I await it's return.

I honestly thought I didn't stand a chance of getting a waiver so I'm thrilled!

Lastly, I'm wanting to take my family in Aug 2016 (nothing booked) so I'm just hoping that the Visa is issued for a year, I'm guessing there's no way of telling until the passport is returned?

Thanks for all who contribute to this thread, without it I would've been a blummin' wreck

Congrats - great news! And thanks for sharing your timing. Im a week behind you but still waiting, so its wonderful to hear good news stories.

I think the worst you can expect is a 1 year, single entry visa. But I think most likely will be 1 year, multi-entry. So you are well set for August.
Old Dec 7th 2015, 12:19 am
Just Joined

ms123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi just wanted some input. I sent my passport in a week ago and it says administrative processing. During my interview the counselor hadn't taken any documents. I am hoping I get my passport back soon as I have to travel. Any Advice?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.