Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Sep 17th 2015, 3:08 am
Forum Regular

cazz0069 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Well I'm done and dusted. Passport arrived today. Visa nicely printed inside. From start to finish was 12th Feb to the 17th September.
It must be an Australian thing I didn't pay to send my passport in. Courier satchels were all prepaid for by the embassy.
I actually got a phone call yesterday advising me that they were returning my call.
I actually said 'it's not me that rang' she apologized profusely and hung up.

I should have told her to hang on and I should have checked everyone's status.

All the best everyone. Tweety, especially got everything crossed for you.
Old Sep 17th 2015, 4:51 am
Forum Regular

bubble123 is an unknown quantity at this point

I just wondered if you had to send anything extra off. Thanks.

Fingers crossed you have your passport & visa back soon.
Old Sep 17th 2015, 6:36 am
Just Joined

Kyong is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I live in Sydney, I had the US B1 visa interview on 22 Apr 2015.
still waiting .

now, I have to put deposit for my US trip due to this Sat. Actual trip is next year in Sept. so I have enough time.
but, I am not sure what is the chance of getting visa though this review.

Is that more than 50% ? 70%? 90%?

If it is more than 70%, I think I put the deposit down this week for next year US trip.

My reason was Section 212(a) 6CI.

Thank you in advance. looking forward to hearing your thought about the chance getting visa.

Regards,

Kyong
Old Sep 17th 2015, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kyong
Hi, I live in Sydney, I had the US B1 visa interview on 22 Apr 2015.
still waiting .

now, I have to put deposit for my US trip due to this Sat. Actual trip is next year in Sept. so I have enough time.
but, I am not sure what is the chance of getting visa though this review.

Is that more than 50% ? 70%? 90%?

If it is more than 70%, I think I put the deposit down this week for next year US trip.

My reason was Section 212(a) 6CI.

Thank you in advance. looking forward to hearing your thought about the chance getting visa.

Regards,

Kyong

I think the general consensus is don't book anything until the visa is in your hand. I'm guessing most people here may agree with me. Some have received there visas after 7 months but some are waiting up to nearly 11 months.

In answer to your question, if you have been put through for a waiver the likelihood that you'll get it is 95% (based on figures posted earlier on)

But I don't think the additional grey hairs are worth it.
Just my suggestion.
Good luck!
Old Sep 17th 2015, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bubble123
I just wondered if you had to send anything extra off. Thanks.

Fingers crossed you have your passport & visa back soon.
Hi bubble. Not sure if this was directed to me. If so, no I didn't have to send any thing additional.

If not, oops sorry 😉
Old Sep 17th 2015, 7:05 am
Just Joined

Kyong is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Cazz0069. Thank you so much for your prompt response. 95% , I really love that number
and happy to hear you got your visa. Did you need to submit additional doc?

My reason that I could not go to US again was I think I visited US 20 years ago with visiting visa , said it is for holiday. then, I got job with the intention of staying in US. I am not sure how badly US consider , hope my case can have the chance of 95% too.

I am waiting for almost 5 month, I was not asked to submit any doc , does it mean they do not need any from me? or would be asked later? if I am not asked to submit any additional doc, does it mean the duration of process time can be faster ?? .

Last edited by Kyong; Sep 17th 2015 at 8:14 am. Reason: Posts merged - if you think of something you want to add just after posting there's an edit button. :-)
Old Sep 17th 2015, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kyong
Dear Cazz0069. Thank you so much for your prompt response. 95% , I really love that number
and happy to hear you got your visa. Did you need to submit additional doc?

My reason that I could not go to US again was I think I visited US 20 years ago with visiting visa , said it is for holiday. then, I got job with the intention of staying in US. I am not sure how badly US consider , hope my case can have the chance of 95% too.

I am waiting for almost 5 month, I was not asked to submit any doc , does it mean they do not need any from me? or would be asked later? if I am not asked to submit any additional doc, does it mean the duration of process time can be faster ?? .

Personally I think you should be fine. Considering the time that has passed but honestly everyone's case is different so you can never tell.
In relation to submitting docs, that could just be a clerical error. You'd like to think that if you needed to send anything off that would have been advised to you at the start. But there are people here that have been asked to submit additional information and that has delayed the process.

I was asked to submit a more current police check but that was only a couple of days after my interview.

Don't plan on it getting approved any quicker. No special treatment for anyone I'm afraid.
Old Sep 19th 2015, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

multiwick is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,
Can anyone please advise what the email address is that sends you the email to tell you to send passport.
Interview for husband in Feb 2015 and still waiting. Had 5 waivers previously but all were issued within a couple of days so they just kept passport when had interview. This time told him to keep passport and would get email to send it, but still waiting. Thanks
Old Sep 20th 2015, 3:45 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by multiwick
Interview for husband in Feb 2015 and still waiting.
On average, it seems to be taking roughly 30-35 weeks, so don't expect to hear anything until October or November.

Ian
Old Sep 20th 2015, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

Hello,
Can anyone please advise what the email address is that sends you the email to tell you to send passport.
Interview for husband in Feb 2015 and still waiting. Had 5 waivers previously but all were issued within a couple of days so they just kept passport when had interview. This time told him to keep passport and would get email to send it, but still waiting. Thanks
Hi there. Email arrived from [email protected]. My interview was Feb 12th so all going well it won't be far 👍
Old Sep 21st 2015, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you.
We at 31 weeks waiting from interview in London.
Had 5 in past all issued in couple of days. It's shocking the wait time now for them.
Old Sep 28th 2015, 11:19 am
Just Joined

WendyWoo52 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you.
We at 31 weeks waiting from interview in London.
Had 5 in past all issued in couple of days. It's shocking the wait time now for them.
My husbands visa arrived today. Interview 2nd Feb 2015, e mail to send passport 27 Aug 2015.
Passport submitted 17 Sept (we had a holiday booked in Sept so unable to submit till 17th) Received passport with 3 year visa today. Like a few other people he was told he would get a 10 year visa, but now understand there is no such thing!
We were hoping for a 5 year visa but hey ho! 3 years is still good. Previously he has been issued with a 1 year, 1 year, and 2 year visa so seems to go up gradually each time.
Good luck to everyone waiting - we lost our holiday this year but have now rebooked for next year.
Old Sep 28th 2015, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

serenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WendyWoo52
My husbands visa arrived today. Interview 2nd Feb 2015, e mail to send passport 27 Aug 2015.
Passport submitted 17 Sept (we had a holiday booked in Sept so unable to submit till 17th) Received passport with 3 year visa today. Like a few other people he was told he would get a 10 year visa, but now understand there is no such thing!
We were hoping for a 5 year visa but hey ho! 3 years is still good. Previously he has been issued with a 1 year, 1 year, and 2 year visa so seems to go up gradually each time.
Good luck to everyone waiting - we lost our holiday this year but have now rebooked for next year.

Great news Wendy
Old Sep 29th 2015, 9:44 am
Just Joined

KM34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Submitted my passport on 16th September, still waiting for it's return, not sure what the turn around time is but my family are about to lock me up and throw away the key because I wont leave the house in case it arrives whilst I'm out. ps Sent mine to London.
Think times must vary depending on where you are.
Old Sep 30th 2015, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by WendyWoo52
Excellent... Did the email from embassy go to your normal inbox or junk mail etc? I'm worrying incase we have missed it? Husbands interview was 17th Feb in London. B2 holiday visa application. we now into 32nd week. Checked the Online system and still shows Refused (but I think others said it shows this until email sent).
Just hoping for email soon. Had 5 before and all come back within a few days of interview.
Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.