Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Jul 12th 2012, 6:43 pm
Just Joined

platypusfighter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
Why not have your friend visit you instead? At least until your immigration difficulties can be (hopefully) resolved.
True. Ill suggest it to him I dont know why I didnt before!
Old Jul 12th 2012, 6:47 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by platypusfighter
True. Ill suggest it to him I dont know why I didnt before!
And in the meantime, you can get yourself some good legal advice. With all due respect, unless the friend-of-a-friend lawyer in the US is an experienced immigration attorney, chances are they might not be much help to you. You need to spend a bit of money on a consultation with an immigration law expert.

Good luck.
Old Jul 12th 2012, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

bubble123 is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry it wasnt good news for you.. maybe next time..
Old Jul 12th 2012, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by molly666
Nope, nothing as yet. I'm going to wait until Friday and email them. I am glad that I did wait (and would recommend others do the same) before booking any holiday in the US. Has anyone else waited this long?
how long has it been for you now?
Old Jul 17th 2012, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

molly666 will become famous soon enoughmolly666 will become famous soon enough

TBH I've lost track but belive it to be around the 24/25 week mark. The holiday was to mark a special occasion. Now that has passed I seam to have lost the impetus to chase the application up

I'll defo get in touch though.

Maybe next week
Old Jul 18th 2012, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

ooh i hope you hear soon.. keep me posted please..
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

theoldinn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by multiwick
Can I just ask the people that have actually received their visas about the issue dates on them.
If you have waiting for 20+ weeks for the visa to come, is the visa issued from the date of your interview or from when they made the decision to give you one?
Thanks
Hi,
Can you tell me how many weeks it was before you got the email skiing you to send your passport for your visa to be put in it ??? I am now on week 24 and no news....
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by multiwick
We are currently at 16 weeks and have been told to expect visa at week 25!!!!

The Belfast embassy kept passport but we requested it back after 14th week.
How many weeks was it before you actually got your visa ????
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by molly666
TBH I've lost track but belive it to be around the 24/25 week mark. The holiday was to mark a special occasion. Now that has passed I seam to have lost the impetus to chase the application up

I'll defo get in touch though.

Maybe next week
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 1:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

DavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by theoldinn
Hi,
Can you tell me how many weeks it was before you got the email skiing you to send your passport for your visa to be put in it ??? I am now on week 24 and no news....
You only need to post your question once, you can multi-quote people so that they all know who you are referring too. Posting the same question 3 times in a few minutes on the same post is overkill.
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DavidLemon
You only need to post your question once, you can multi-quote people so that they all know who you are referring too. Posting the same question 3 times in a few minutes on the same post is overkill.
I asked three different people the same question. So I am waiting for three responses. Your response does not help me or Answer my question
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 2:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

DavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond repute

I asked three different people the same question. So I am waiting for three responses. Your response does not help me or Answer my question
Correct i can not answer your question as im not in your position. I was just pointing out that one question can be posed to a multiple audience by using the multi quote-option instead of quoting and posting multiple times.

Oh and the pedantic side in me has to point out that you asked the question 3 times but you only asked two people. You may note you quoted Multiwick twice.
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 3:55 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

It's fine to ask others about their timeline, as long as you realize it will have no bearing on your own timeline.

Rene
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 10:04 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I asked three different people the same question.
Actually, you didn't.

Your response does not help me or Answer my question
Why? Because you want it? People post here of their own free will. You don't get to dictate who does or doesn't respond to you... or whether those responses will be helpful or not. And, as Rene correctly points out, someone else's timeline will not be the same as yours no matter how much you want it to be.

You really need to be both more patient and more tolerant.

Ian
Old Jul 24th 2012, 12:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
It's fine to ask others about their timeline, as long as you realize it will have no bearing on your own timeline.

Rene
Rene,
I understand that, i'm just trying to get some idea of other peoples experiences of how long they waited.

Thanks
Andy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.