Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Jul 10th 2015, 2:51 am
Forum Regular

bubble123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by theJBs
Thank you!

For me....from appointment to THAT email was a day less than 24 weeks.

Plenty of people and posts on here warning about not booking flights prior to having the passport in your hand.....though for the visa to be issued....wouldn't have thought a 2 day wait would turn into a global system crash with a 21 days and counting wait lol.

I've emailed the embassy stressing the importance of receiving my passport back regardless of the visa but still....no such luck.... what's worse is my family have spent THOUSANDS too.....im sort of avoiding phone calls at the moment!
Hope you get your passport back in time for your holiday!
Old Jul 10th 2015, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

theJBs is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, Mrs here losing my mind. We've emailed the help Center and haven't heard anything. Does anyone have any more contact information you can share please? I am desperate.
Old Jul 10th 2015, 12:24 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

We've emailed the help Center and haven't heard anything. Does anyone have any more contact information you can share please?
You can try their contact form.

Ian
Old Jul 10th 2015, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you kindly, Ian. That is the form we used.

...and this isn't a holiday...this is our wedding...
Old Jul 10th 2015, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

Tweety23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh my goodness!
Not a subject I'm particularly knowledgable on, but it may be worth speaking to the Passport Office / British Embassy for advice - maybe they can issue a temporary passport....
Old Jul 10th 2015, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

I'd send another one! Hope you have a lovely wedding & hope you get it all sorted soon!
Old Jul 10th 2015, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

Newyork is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh dear , I hope things work out for you and there has been some good advice given.
Keep pressing on all fronts and I believe everyone on here is hoping you have good news soon.

Newyork
Old Jul 13th 2015, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

Tweety23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bubble123
36 weeks.. wow that's a long wait! Have you contacted the embassy?
Hi bubble123,

Yes we've contacted them a few times by email & contact form, received generic email response. If anyone knows of any other contact route we'd really appreciate it!
Completely cheesed off with it now, we've no idea why it's taking so long as it came through in the expected time frame for the first visa.
It certainly makes it very difficult to plan and we had expected to travel to Florida next month - looking very doubtful especially with passport turnaround delays. 😔
Old Jul 13th 2015, 10:03 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tweety23
If anyone knows of any other contact route we'd really appreciate it!
There are none. In fact, they don't actually want anyone to contact them, but they grudgingly have someone respond to the many hundreds of messages they get each day from people who want more information about a process which, had they not screwed themselves over in their past, they wouldn't now need! Just sayin'.

Ian
Old Jul 13th 2015, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
There are none. In fact, they don't actually want anyone to contact them, but they grudgingly have someone respond to the many hundreds of messages they get each day from people who want more information about a process which, had they not screwed themselves over in their past, they wouldn't now need! Just sayin'.

Ian
With all due respect it's easy to say that as you nor I obviviously weren't caught doing anything illegal at age 17 like my fella was.
And besides in our case, we simply want his passport back so that we can get married...we'we're not even concerned with the visa at this point.
Old Jul 13th 2015, 10:30 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

With all due respect it's easy to say that as you nor I obviviously weren't caught doing anything illegal at age 17 like my fella was.
And besides in our case, we simply want his passport back so that we can get married...we'we're not even concerned with the visa at this point.
You can use the contact form and request they return your passport without waiting for the visa.
Old Jul 13th 2015, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lansbury
You can use the contact form and request they return your passport without waiting for the visa.
We did. Going on 30 days they've had the passport and 8 days since we emailed them.
Old Jul 16th 2015, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

cazz0069 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm approaching my 6 months so stay tuned. I guess you all have your own stuff going on but I'm a man of my word and said I'd be sure to let people know how I was going. I'm actually at the 22 week mark if we want to get specific.
Old Jul 16th 2015, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cazz0069
I'm approaching my 6 months so stay tuned. I guess you all have your own stuff going on but I'm a man of my word and said I'd be sure to let people know how I was going. I'm actually at the 22 week mark if we want to get specific.
Fingers crossed for you! My Husbands about 5 weeks behind you. Just over 17 weeks.
Old Jul 16th 2015, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

cazz0069 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bubble123
Fingers crossed for you! My Husbands about 5 weeks behind you. Just over 17 weeks.
Thank you. It's incredibly frustrating not being able to book a holiday. It's driving me crazy. Hehe. Hopefully I won't be one of those poor people that are still waiting after the 30 week mark.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.