Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Apr 26th 2015, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

bubble123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

We are waiting again, husband had his interview in March.
Old Apr 26th 2015, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by beibhinn16
What does it mean when you find your case number in administrive processing
Is this normally notified at the time of interview?
Old Apr 27th 2015, 4:35 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bubble123
Is this normally notified at the time of interview?
If you are going to be recommended for a waiver, the interviewing officer will tell you right then and there. If you are recommended for a waiver, your case will show up online as "administrative processing". This is normal.

Ian
Old Apr 27th 2015, 5:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
If you are going to be recommended for a waiver, the interviewing officer will tell you right then and there. If you are recommended for a waiver, your case will show up online as "administrative processing". This is normal.

Ian
Thanks Ian
Old May 1st 2015, 12:03 am
Forum Regular

Nige1512 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

I was granted a B1/B2 visa in October 2014 thro the visa waiver of ineligibility in London and was issued a one year multiple entry, I haven't yet used this visa as I have been offered a job in Canada and will be needing it to cross the border from Canada to the U.S. every week. I have two questions if anyone can help, if I haven't used the first visa issued to me will there be a problem when I apply for a second? and secondly, if I apply for the second visa in London and I have to go thro the visa waiver again ( which last time was 26 weeks ) there's a chance I will be starting the job in Canada in next few months, does anyone know if I will be able to send my passport in to Calgary consulate for issuance of visa or does it have to be issued in London? Many thanks.
Old May 1st 2015, 1:05 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nige1512
... will be needing it to cross the border from Canada to the U.S. every week.
Just curious... but why do you need to cross into the US every week?

... if I haven't used the first visa issued to me will there be a problem when I apply for a second?
No.

... if I apply for the second visa in London...
Why would you if you'll be in Canada?

... and I have to go thro the visa waiver again...
You will - and it'll take roughly the same amount of time.

... does anyone know if I will be able to send my passport in to Calgary consulate for issuance of visa...
AFAIK, if you're in Canada in some status other than a visitor, then you can apply to the US Consulate in Calgary and they will issue the visa. You can certainly apply in London and request that they transfer the paperwork to Calgary, but there's no guarantee that they will - in which case, you'll need to return to London for an interview and to complete processing.

All else being equal, I suggest you wait until you're in Canada and then apply to Calgary.

Ian
Old May 1st 2015, 2:50 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Ian for your quick response, I have been offered a job as a long haul truck driver and will be driving Canada-U.S., the reason I need the visa is so that I can cross the border to do my job, as it takes roughly 6 months to process my new application and with my current visa will run out in October and if I leave it till I get to Canada i may only have a month left on my current visa so will be stuck in Canada over the winter till my new application gets processed so want to get the process started so there's not much of a gap waiting for it to be issued when I'm in Canada. Thanks again.
Old May 1st 2015, 3:30 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Ian for your quick response, I have been offered a job as a long haul truck driver and will be driving Canada-U.S., the reason I need the visa is so that I can cross the border to do my job, as it takes roughly 6 months to process my new application and with my current visa will run out in October and if I leave it till I get to Canada i may only have a month left on my current visa so will be stuck in Canada over the winter till my new application gets processed so want to get the process started so there's not much of a gap waiting for it to be issued when I'm in Canada. Thanks again.
I agree with Ian that you should wait until you're resident in Canada and then apply there. It may mean you have to spend some time "stuck" in Canada while the waiver process runs its course, but c'est la vie.

Besides, are you absolutely sure that the B1 visa is appropriate for carrying out the kind of work you're intending to be doing?
Old May 1st 2015, 4:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
I agree with Ian that you should wait until you're resident in Canada and then apply there. It may mean you have to spend some time "stuck" in Canada while the waiver process runs its course, but c'est la vie.

Besides, are you absolutely sure that the B1 visa is appropriate for carrying out the kind of work you're intending to be doing?
Yes its the correct visa categories i need this was confirmed at my first B1/B2 visa interview at US Embassy in London, the reason I asked about if I could have the interview in London and the issuance in Calgary is my job is long haul which means crossing the U.S. border every few days not running just Canada hence not wanting to wait 6 months for issuance if I do it when I get to Canada. Thanks for the advice guys.
Old May 1st 2015, 5:35 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Yes its the correct visa categories i need this was confirmed at my first B1/B2 visa interview at US Embassy in London, the reason I asked about if I could have the interview in London and the issuance in Calgary is my job is long haul which means crossing the U.S. border every few days not running just Canada hence not wanting to wait 6 months for issuance if I do it when I get to Canada. Thanks for the advice guys.
I've no idea if the advice you were given at the embassy is correct but, with all due respect, I would research things myself a bit more and not just accept any of their statements as being totally accurate.

As far as applying for your next visa in London and then moving to Canada once the process is underway is concerned, in my experience it is best to try and keep things as simple and straightforward as possible when dealing with the US immigration authorities. So even if transferring your case to Calgary is possible, it may be more prudent to avoid doing so, so as not to increase the chances of any unnecessary delays and SNAFU's.
Old May 1st 2015, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
I've no idea if the advice you were given at the embassy is correct but, with all due respect, I would research things myself a bit more and not just accept any of their statements as being totally accurate.

As far as applying for your next visa in London and then moving to Canada once the process is underway is concerned, in my experience it is best to try and keep things as simple and straightforward as possible when dealing with the US immigration authorities. So even if transferring your case to Calgary is possible, it may be more prudent to avoid doing so, so as not to increase the chances of any unnecessary delays and SNAFU's.
Thanks for the advice materialcontroller it's appreciated, with regards to visa category and with all due respect also I was told by the immigration company the employer has used for years and brought many UK drivers over, they and also the Embassy confirming the category needed for my job is correct, my question I was asking was not which category I needed for my job but if anyone knew if I'd had the interview in London would I be able to get it issued to me if I was in Calgary as this is possibly what may happen if it takes 26 weeks like last time. Thanks again.
Old May 1st 2015, 8:46 am
Account Closed

I was told by the immigration company the employer has used for years and brought many UK drivers over, they and also the Embassy confirming the category needed for my job is correct...
Okay then, great! We like people to be prepared... so, just a word of warning: if the CBP officer believes that it's the wrong visa, then nothing the immigration company, employer, or Embassy said will make a single iota of difference.

Ian
Old May 1st 2015, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Okay then, great! We like people to be prepared... so, just a word of warning: if the CBP officer believes that it's the wrong visa, then nothing the immigration company, employer, or Embassy said will make a single iota of difference.

Ian
Well in that case that goes for everyone entering the states on a visa I guess.....but thanks for your help Ian and materialcontroller.
Old May 4th 2015, 6:31 am
Forum Regular

ireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really nice

Hi all,

Im applying for my second waiver of ineligibility, and im filling in my 2nd VCU-1 form and it asks this question

Have you previously been found ineligible for a U.S. visa? Please state the section of law under which you were found ineligible, if known

would this be CIMT?

and then the next question is

Did you receive a waiver of the ineligibility?

would this be yes

on my first VCU-1 for the first question i put no and the same for the second question i also put no. But as this is my Second VCU-1 form I'm filling in, I'm wondering if i need to put the bold answers in this time?

any help would be appreciated.

Mark.

Last edited by ireallywannago; May 4th 2015 at 6:45 am.
Old May 4th 2015, 7:06 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

When you were denied were you not given a written refusal with a series of numbers and letters on it detailing the section of immigration law you were refused under. Those letters and numbers are the first answer.

If you were granted a waiver the second answer is yes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.