Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Apr 16th 2015, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

beibhinn16 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Now in week 27 totally pd off they can stick their visa. This is not worth the stress. So much for honesty being the best policy.
Old Apr 16th 2015, 9:03 pm
Just Joined

LJW1 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you don't mind me asking what was your timeline in terms of your interview, medical etc
Old Apr 16th 2015, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

Interview on the 16th of October no medical required
Old Apr 16th 2015, 11:55 pm
Just Joined

I did read somewhere that the length of time you wait depends on the severity of of your criminal cautions/convictions so this could be a contributing factor as to why yours is taking longer than a lot of others
Old Apr 17th 2015, 12:00 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the reply. Have you been waiting long?
Old Apr 17th 2015, 12:08 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beibhinn16
Now in week 27...
You've already been told that the average wait is 6 months - or 24 weeks. But, that's an average... not an actual timeline. Some people are sorted in 20 weeks; some people are sorted in 30 weeks.

... totally pd off they can stick their visa.
That's your choice, of course - but the fact that you were recommended for a waiver in the first place pretty much means that you're going to get the visa. It's only a matter of time. The alternative was to have your visa immediately denied. Perhaps you would have preferred that. Someone did you a favor by recommending you for the waiver... but I guess you'd prefer to be an ungrateful twit. As I said... your choice!

Never forget... it was you who committed an offense serious enough to cause you to need a waiver. It truly must suck that you're now having to pay for that transgression by doing nothing more than waiting.

Ian
Old Apr 17th 2015, 12:17 am
Just Joined

AKovir47 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Beilbhinn16

Sorry to hear your still waiting. Have you checked your junk mail as my email was waiting in junk
Old Apr 17th 2015, 12:22 am
Forum Regular

What an absolute twit. How can it possibly take over 6 months (26weeks) for some civil servant to make a decision, yes or no.

Last edited by beibhinn16; Apr 17th 2015 at 12:29 am.
Old Apr 17th 2015, 12:25 am
Just Joined

I am in my 20th week now so I'm fingers crossed 24/7
Old Apr 17th 2015, 12:35 am
Forum Regular

Fingers crossed here for you. Hope u get a decision soon
Old Apr 17th 2015, 12:37 am
Just Joined

HenryBD2 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm slightly paranoid about missing an email - who is the sender for this emails so i know what i'm looking for among the piles of junk?!
Old Apr 17th 2015, 12:40 am
Forum Regular

Nothing in junk mail either. Contacted consular last to ask if there was any way they could check the progress. They replied to say it was with a review panel and nothing they could do. I would just have to wait. I assume everyones goes to a review panel and not just mine.
Old Apr 17th 2015, 12:51 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

How can it possibly take over 6 months (26weeks) for some civil servant to make a decision, yes or no.
It doesn't take that long to make a decision. It take only 20 minutes to make a decision. However, it takes 6 months or more for your case file to come to the top of the pile... because there are hundreds of thousands of files ahead of yours, and only so many people working on them. You knew that, right?

Ian
Old Apr 17th 2015, 1:18 am
Forum Regular

How do you know there are hundreds and thousands of cases and not enough people working on them?
Old Apr 17th 2015, 2:14 am
Account Closed

How do you know there are hundreds and thousands of cases and not enough people working on them?
How? Because I use my computer for things other than just posting on BE and complaining about the inequities of life. Perhaps you should do some research on your own.

Ian

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.