Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Mar 25th 2015, 12:20 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by Carl33
I was just wondering what the likelihood of me gettin this waiver?
If you were recommended for a waiver, you'll most likely get it. It'll take about 6 months but anecdotal evidence suggests you'll be fine.

Ian
Old Mar 25th 2015, 5:57 pm
Just Joined

HenryBD2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry, the description for that code on my form is alcohol or drug abuse
Old Mar 25th 2015, 6:35 pm
Warehouse *******

Carl33 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
If you were recommended for a waiver, you'll most likely get it. It'll take about 6 months but anecdotal evidence suggests you'll be fine.

Ian
Thank you
Old Mar 27th 2015, 6:09 am
KTG
Forum Regular

KTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mdavis
Here's my timeline:

October 7th Interview
October 8th Medical
October 15th Email suggesting waiver of ineligibility
March 3rd Email saying send my passport
March 5th Sent passport
March 12th Visa and passport ready to collect.

I had a caution for possession and it's 5.5 years old.

So 21 weeks from waiver of ineligibility notification and 23 weeks from initial interview.

I have 12 months multiple entries.

My next question is this:
Can I apply for next year before this one has expired? If can I apply for the same visa in October 15 although my visa runs out in March 16.

Thanks and good luck everyone
Hi

I have a possession conviction so looks like I will also need to go for one. What does it entail and do you have to pay extra for that?

Thanks
Old Mar 27th 2015, 10:41 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KTG
I have a possession conviction so looks like I will also need to go for one.
You don't get to make that decision - it's up to the discretion of the interviewing officer. If he recommends the waiver, great... if he doesn't, then it's the end of your journey.

What does it entail and do you have to pay extra for that?
It entails a lot of waiting... up to 6 months, but there is no extra charge for the waiver if recommended. You don't have to do anything... but wait.

Ian
Old Mar 27th 2015, 11:06 am
Just Joined

amenicycinema is an unknown quantity at this point

hello, thought i would join this thread to share my experiences in case it helps anyone else - I was arrested in the us back in 2003 for possession of marijuana and after many trouble-free trips since then, was suddenly denied entry in 2003. i got a waiver and was able to travel last year no problem.

now I have booked a trip for September 2015 and applied o renew my waiver but didn't realise it takes the full processing time again, thought it would be quicker this time! going to watch the thread and get an idea how long people are currently waiting (though I know every case is different). the time from my interview/recommendation to scheduled flight is exactly 6 months and that's how long it took (to the exact day) to get my visa back last time, so will be cutting it fine!

any help i can give on waiver application etc, let me know!
Old Mar 27th 2015, 11:36 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amenicycinema
hello, thought i would join this thread to share my experiences in case it helps anyone else - I was arrested in the us back in 2003 for possession of marijuana and after many trouble-free trips since then, was suddenly denied entry in 2003. i got a waiver and was able to travel last year no problem.

now I have booked a trip for September 2015 and applied o renew my waiver but didn't realise it takes the full processing time again, thought it would be quicker this time! going to watch the thread and get an idea how long people are currently waiting (though I know every case is different). the time from my interview/recommendation to scheduled flight is exactly 6 months and that's how long it took (to the exact day) to get my visa back last time, so will be cutting it fine!

any help i can give on waiver application etc, let me know!
Best of luck and I hope you get your visa in time to travel.

Your mistake is a common one sadly; but it still never fails to amaze me just how many people think subsequent waiver applications would be any different to the original one in terms of timescale. We always advise on this forum to never make any bookings until after your visa has been issued.
Old Mar 27th 2015, 11:54 am
Just Joined

amenicycinema is an unknown quantity at this point

hi material controller. yeah I know now i was wrong thinking a renewal would be quicker but hopefully it will come just in time or I can still go for 2 weeks (originally booked for 3 weeks). one good thing is the officer said he was recommending me for a 3 year waiver because I have travelled to America nearly every year for the last 12 years, and this is only my second waiver so would be good to not have to go through all this again for another few years!

good luck to everyone on here who is waiting like me, I look forward to reading lots of success stories to keep my hopes up!
Old Mar 30th 2015, 4:32 am
Just Joined

Charph is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I'm new to the site. I was wondering when it's 'under review' does that mean it's actually with a officer ? Or does it mean it's just still in the pile of unanswered applications ? Thanks
Old Mar 30th 2015, 4:44 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Patience is a virtue
The most frustrating thing is we don't have any idea how long it will be - the million dollar question I guess! We are 'under review' as of this week but what does that actually mean?
After it was 'under review' how long did it take ?
Old Mar 30th 2015, 6:02 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charph
Hi I'm new to the site. I was wondering when it's 'under review' does that mean it's actually with a officer ? Or does it mean it's just still in the pile of unanswered applications ? Thanks
99% of the time, it means the case is sitting in a pile of paperwork. The last 1% of the time is when an officer actually reaches it, reads it and then makes a decision.

When you think about it logically, it would be a bit odd if it was taking the US consular service 26 weeks to analyse the circumstances of every individual case.
Old Mar 30th 2015, 10:03 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
99% of the time, it means the case is sitting in a pile of paperwork. The last 1% of the time is when an officer actually reaches it, reads it and then makes a decision.

When you think about it logically, it would be a bit odd if it was taking the US consular service 26 weeks to analyse the circumstances of every individual case.
Thanks for the reply! Hoping im the 1% 👍
Old Mar 30th 2015, 10:29 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Charph
Thanks for the reply! Hoping im the 1% 👍
I think you've misunderstood what I was trying to say.

You are no different to anyone else. Everyone's case paperwork sits around doing nothing for weeks or months until an official reaches it.
Old Mar 31st 2015, 7:04 pm
Just Joined

HenryBD2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Case status for waiver of ineligibility

Hello,

I was recently (start of February) recommended for a waiver of visa ineligibility following a change to US law (?) that makes people with a UK police caution permanently ineligible for entry to the US.

I've seen on this forum that people seem able to check the status of the case, but I can't see a facility for doing this through the London embassy and I'd be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction. I realise that the status is likely to remain on "pending" for some time, but currently have no way of knowing if my recommendation has even been received by the DHS.

Many thanks
Old Apr 1st 2015, 12:36 am
Account Closed

Default Re: Case status for waiver of ineligibility

Originally Posted by HenryBD2
I'd be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.
Perhaps a moderator will merge this with the existing Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application thread, with which this poster is already familiar.

HenryDB2 - there are many people who read only the thread that's of interest to them... and you're likely to get a much better response in that thread - where people are more familiar with the process.

Ian

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.