Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Jan 17th 2015, 8:30 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by bates1982
I mailed on the forum for help with an on going enquiry to see if anyone else has had the same experience as us. Comments like this seem to be irrelevant as you don't know my situation and nor do you need to. I have had good feedback from people who seem to want to help others out. Do you need to know the urgency?....NO...but thanks again for your concern for my need or want..
Have you had a response from the embassy to your query yet?
Old Jan 17th 2015, 8:42 pm
Just Joined

bates1982 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
Have you had a response from the embassy to your query yet?
Not yet. Its been over 5 working days as they advised. Giving it another couple of days then send another. Just really need to make sure that they still have my partners details and something hasnt gone a miss.
Old Jan 17th 2015, 9:26 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Comments like this seem to be irrelevant as you don't know my situation...
I know this much: 1) "Me and my partner want to take our kids and get married in Florida."; 2) "... we do need to get married in June as planning on starting Uni. in September for 3 year course and really need to do it before I start."; 3) "... looked other places to wed but just want the kids to be happy."; and 4) "... nothing suits and don't want to book something incase the visa comes through."

This last one is interesting - because it suggests that you are, in fact, open to something else... but prefer not to. I commented based on what you, yourself, wrote.

I have had good feedback from people who seem to want to help others out.
You have, yes. You also asked for advice... and I gave mine. You're free not to take that advice if you don't want to... that's your choice - but people often say they "need" something when, in fact, they only "want" it. Words have meaning.

Its been over 5 working days as they advised. Giving it another couple of days then send another.
Be aware that January 19 is a US federal holiday. Good luck to you.

Ian
Old Jan 18th 2015, 6:14 am
Forum Regular

just rite is an unknown quantity at this point

watever ian says here make sense he got alot of experince in this forum.good luck bates
Old Jan 18th 2015, 7:59 am
Just Joined

Whether I need or want something is irrelevant when you are paying for something the process should be the same so I am at a loss as to why this is your focus Ian. I have merely had concerns as too our length of wait especially so when you hear people have only had to wait 22 weeks etc. Your comments are of no help but thank you if you think they are.
Old Jan 18th 2015, 10:31 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Whether I need or want something is irrelevant when you are paying for something the process should be the same so I am at a loss as to why this is your focus Ian. I have merely had concerns as too our length of wait especially so when you hear people have only had to wait 22 weeks etc. Your comments are of no help but thank you if you think they are.
Your gripe isn't with Ian, it's with the US embassy. If you don't get a response to your query by the middle of next week, your should first try calling the helpline and explain your concerns to them - firstly that you're worried the case details may have been lost and secondly that your contact query has not been responded to. Ask them if there is any other course of action you can take whenever the embassy have failed to respond to you.
Old Jan 18th 2015, 11:16 am
Just Joined

Thanks materialcontroller I will do that.
Old Jan 20th 2015, 10:43 am
KTG
Forum Regular

KTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond repute

Question regarding secondary processing on arrival.....

Will my husband be able to wait with me or will he go straight thru to baggage reclaim? If he does stay with me and we are ages - what will happen to our bags?

If we are separated can I use my phone to stay in touch?

It these little details that worry me.
Old Jan 20th 2015, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

AdsUK has a brilliant futureAdsUK has a brilliant futureAdsUK has a brilliant futureAdsUK has a brilliant futureAdsUK has a brilliant futureAdsUK has a brilliant futureAdsUK has a brilliant futureAdsUK has a brilliant future

I've been to secondary twice. My wife admitted both times straight away but came with me to the secondary inspection - remember you will only have 1 customs declaration between the two of you, so I don't think they would let your husband go off.

Baggage is generally removed from the belt and lined up in each flight number after a little while. I was admitted to JFK recently, straight through the primary desk, but the fact we'd queued for an hour prior meant the baggage was already off and lined up. The best advice there is to make sure your bag is different from others and has an obvious feature that it is yours!

In all cases, the easiest way of getting a lecture and upsetting the immigration inspectors is to put your phone on until you have cleared.
Old Jan 20th 2015, 12:08 pm
KTG
Forum Regular

KTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I just have the fear of being separated from him in what is already a nervous situation for me.
Old Jan 20th 2015, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

AdsUK has a brilliant futureAdsUK has a brilliant futureAdsUK has a brilliant futureAdsUK has a brilliant futureAdsUK has a brilliant futureAdsUK has a brilliant futureAdsUK has a brilliant futureAdsUK has a brilliant future

It is a nerving experience, but you've done the hard thing by following the honest route and getting approved with the visa and waiver, so just make sure you have evidence of your trip and return home with enough finance to support yourself and i'm sure you'll be fine. As has been posted elsewhere, they have to have a very good reason to refuse entry - especially if you have a visa, as you would be entitled to an appeal (which you're not on the VWP).

For the record both trips to secondary were asking basic questions on why I was there, how much did I have, when I was going home and done. The worst part for me was missing a connecting flight because of it, but the airline put us on the next flight, so apart from losing 4 hours of our holiday, it wasn't a problem in the grand scheme of things.
Old Jan 20th 2015, 1:07 pm
KTG
Forum Regular

I will just chill out now!
Old Jan 27th 2015, 1:57 am
Just Joined

inthequeue is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,
Does anybody have any insight into why I might be told at interview that a waiver is needed, and then receive an email a few days later saying "please submit passport for visa issuance"?
I'm assuming a waiver couldn't possibly have been granted so quickly, so I'm not sure whether to be pleasantly confused (an error on the day?) or pessimistic (an error in the sending/my interpretation of the email?)
Either way, I'll report back.
Old Jan 27th 2015, 2:11 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by inthequeue
Does anybody have any insight into why I might be told at interview that a waiver is needed, and then receive an email a few days later saying "please submit passport for visa issuance"?
The optimist in me says that the interviewer's supervisor reviewed the case and decided a waiver wasn't required... hence, the email asking for your passport. The pessimist in me says that the interviewer send the email by mistake.

Either way, I'll report back.
Either way, you'll soon have your answer.

Ian
Old Jan 27th 2015, 2:52 am
Just Joined

inthequeue is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for replying.

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
The optimist in me says that the interviewer's supervisor reviewed the case and decided a waiver wasn't required... hence, the email asking for your passport.
I was hoping this was the case because I didn't think I should have a problem, but does this really happen? For me, it's whether an old conviction constitutes the dreaded MT, and I didn't think it did. But shouldn't that be very objective, very clear-cut and not needing of a supervisor's correction..?

Also, does asking for the passport definitely mean I have the visa (assuming the email is not an error)?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.