Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Nov 2nd 2016, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

serenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

And by spooky coincidence - I post on here and less than 10 mins later I get my email asking to send my passport

18 weeks and 2 days.

This will be my 3rd visa.

1st Visa was 1 year.

2nd Visa was also 1 year. Was recommended for a 2 year at interview.

Was recommended for a 5 year at interview for no. 3.
Old Nov 2nd 2016, 4:44 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KTG
I am sure I read on here previously that 5 year vids are never given to first time applicants.
You did read that... but you've taken that information out of context. The duration of the visa is related to the severity of the infraction that caused you to need a waiver in the first place. Where a drug issue is involved, for example, you'll almost never get a first time 5 year waiver.

Are all new visas valid for 5 years?
No.

Ian
Old Nov 2nd 2016, 5:17 pm
Just Joined

Chelsea1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi can anyone help me, we have just received an email asking to submit passport for visa issuance and to follow the link for instructions but I'm confused, it's asking for a payment which I expected as o know they are not free but when I go to pay it says I'm making an interview appointment 😟 So confused
Old Nov 2nd 2016, 7:26 pm
KTG
Forum Regular

KTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You did read that... but you've taken that information out of context. The duration of the visa is related to the severity of the infraction that caused you to need a waiver in the first place. Where a drug issue is involved, for example, you'll almost never get a first time 5 year waiver.

No.

Ian
Thanks for the clarification
Old Nov 10th 2016, 8:11 am
Just Joined

mrkobain is an unknown quantity at this point

My first waiver of inadmissibility is due to expire in February of next year. Will need to apply as early as possible for a new one as needed for business travel. Out of interest, with Trump being elected and what looks like some tough immigration policies to be introduced, can I expect future applications for the waiver to be stricter or any changes likely?
Old Nov 10th 2016, 8:27 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrkobain
My first waiver of inadmissibility is due to expire in February of next year. Will need to apply as early as possible for a new one as needed for business travel. Out of interest, with Trump being elected and what looks like some tough immigration policies to be introduced, can I expect future applications for the waiver to be stricter or any changes likely?
I would consider applying now, and as to immigration once Dump is in power, well my crystal ball is very cloudy.
Old Nov 10th 2016, 10:29 am
Just Joined

mrkobain is an unknown quantity at this point

Will my current visa remain active until the expiry date even while I'm waiting for the application of a new one?
Old Nov 10th 2016, 12:06 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrkobain
Will need to apply as early as possible for a new one as needed for business travel.
Well then, you should have started about 2 months ago.

Will my current visa remain active until the expiry date...
Yes.

Ian
Old Nov 10th 2016, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

yum2yum is an unknown quantity at this point

Just collected my passport with 2nd waiver.

First one was 1 year, this new one is now for 5 years, so very 'appy!

Jon
Old Nov 11th 2016, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

serenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yum2yum
Just collected my passport with 2nd waiver.

First one was 1 year, this new one is now for 5 years, so very 'appy!

Jon
Congrats yum2yum x
Old Nov 17th 2016, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

sevorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Request to send passport today
Interview 7th July 2016 19 weeks

1st Waiver 1 year
2nd Waiver advised 5 year received 2 year
3rd Waiver advised 5 year received ??????
Old Nov 17th 2016, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sevorg
Request to send passport today
Interview 7th July 2016 19 weeks

1st Waiver 1 year
2nd Waiver advised 5 year received 2 year
3rd Waiver advised 5 year received ??????

Excellent news

I am still waiting for my email to say I can go collect my passport after posting it at the beginning of last week.

They may have been distracted by something that went on last week so not panicking just yet
Old Nov 17th 2016, 2:29 pm
Just Joined

Roger71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear All,

This thread has been riveting reading and has provided much needed info and guidance. I like to post a summary of my situation and welcome your input and advice.

09/2010 convicted theft/fraud, 10 counts, suspended 18 months, curfew, fine etc
10/2013 interviewed for B1 visa, refused due to CIMT, and not referred for Waiver of Ineligibility.

Both my parents have green cards and reside there, both are in their mid 70's now. I would like to visit them. I'm very much settled here with my own business etc. I'm not planning to hide in the USA.

What additional documents should I include to assist my application? and how do you rate my chances on this occasion to be referred? thank you.
Old Nov 17th 2016, 4:25 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Roger71
09/2010 convicted theft/fraud, 10 counts, suspended 18 months, curfew, fine etc
The actual punishment you received is largely irrelevant. What was the maximum penalty you could have received had they decided to throw the book at you for all 10 counts? That is what US immigration will use to determine your eligibility both for the visa and the waiver.

10/2013 interviewed for B1 visa, refused due to CIMT, and not referred for Waiver of Ineligibility.
I'm going to guess that the reason you weren't referred for a waiver is due to two things: the aggregate maximum punishment for the offenses, and only 3 years between the offenses and your application.

What additional documents should I include to assist my application?
There's really nothing else you can show... all you can do is apply again and hope that 6 years duration between then and now works in your favor.

... how do you rate my chances on this occasion to be referred?
There's an old saying: dice have no memory - in which case I estimate a 50/50 chance.

Ian
Old Nov 19th 2016, 3:06 pm
Just Joined

Roger71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your reply Ian. Regarding additional documents, I was thinking of doctors letters about my parents. They are quite old and in need of help maintaining the house.

Have the agents no compassion?

Anyway, I'll get my stuff prepared and have a go in a couple weeks.
cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.