Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Jun 16th 2016, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

serenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by amenicycinema
when I applied for a second visa they had to cancel my first one even with some time remaining on it. they stamped it with "cancelled without prejudice" on the day of my second interview. I got the email today asking me to send my passport in for visa issuance but am away next week so will send it asap after and update with timeline and details of waiver length once I get it back � ����
I hope they don't cancel my current visa when I go for my interview on the 27th June !! My visa doesn't run out till Feb 17 but I am due to fly out to Chicago on 8th July.

Ian/anyone - do you think I should change the date of my interview till after I return from Chicago ?? Last time I applied for my 2nd (current) visa they didn't cancel it and I traveled to the US on my 1st while awaiting my 2nd to come through. Hmmmmmm
Old Jun 16th 2016, 10:27 pm
Just Joined

amenicycinema is an unknown quantity at this point

I would definitely postpone the date of your interview, it's easily done online and if you did go in June and they stamp your visa as cancelled you would be really stuck!
Old Jun 16th 2016, 10:28 pm
Just Joined

just make sure your police certificate etc would still be valid for whichever new appointment date you can get!
Old Jun 17th 2016, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

sevorg is an unknown quantity at this point

This cancelling of a valid visa is ringing alarm bells. My waiver(visa) is due to expire in December.Mindful that it takes six months to process a waiver, I have applied now for a new one(to enable that when the one runs out .the new one will just about start). I have booked travel in August and have an interview London for July.(whilst the existing visa is still valid)
Has anyone else experienced this? as no one has posted about this before
Old Jun 17th 2016, 8:03 am
Just Joined

westwise is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sevorg
This cancelling of a valid visa is ringing alarm bells. My waiver(visa) is due to expire in December.Mindful that it takes six months to process a waiver, I have applied now for a new one(to enable that when the one runs out .the new one will just about start). I have booked travel in August and have an interview London for July.(whilst the existing visa is still valid)
When I had my interview in February, I was told by the officer from now on to apply six months before expiry of a valid visa to ensure uninterrupted cover
Old Jun 17th 2016, 11:11 am
Just Joined

they definitely cancelled my first waiver at the appointment for the second so I wouldn't risk the same happening to anyone else. use it to travel first then re-apply after!!
Old Jun 17th 2016, 12:13 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I have booked travel in August and have an interview London for July.(whilst the existing visa is still valid)
I suggest you simply postpone the interview until after you've travelled.

Ian

Last edited by ian-mstm; Jun 17th 2016 at 12:17 pm.
Old Jun 17th 2016, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

sevorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Ian, I think you may be miss reading the posts

Scenario is I have a current visa which is not due to expire until Dec 2016
I intend to travel in August, using that visa
I have an interview in July(six months to process ie issue Dec 2016/Jan 2017.just about when the old one runs out)

If they cancel the existing visa at the July interview, I cannot travel in August because the old (current) visa has been cancelled and the new one will be in AP for the next six months.I booked my flights knowing I have a valid visa.
I think Serenawell paints the same scenario.
The issue being that this has not cropped up in any previous posts, so is this the procedure now or is the OP not stating some information that may be relevant
Sorry Ian you posted while I was typing. I am just trying to establish if this is the norm now as I think this may "catch out" a few people who are trying to plan well ahead

Last edited by sevorg; Jun 17th 2016 at 12:29 pm.
Old Jun 17th 2016, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

hsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey
I am waiting on a waiver of inadmissibility for an E2 visa, interview was in London on 15/03/16
A long agonising wait with no updates, unlike applications through Belfast.
Struggling to manage the business from here.
How are you all coping
Old Jun 17th 2016, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

just rite is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hsc0307
Hey
I am waiting on a waiver of inadmissibility for an E2 visa, interview was in London on 15/03/16
A long agonising wait with no updates, unlike applications through Belfast.
Struggling to manage the business from here.
How are you all coping
good luck i waited 8 months just keep a eyes on post is hard but no choice
Old Jun 17th 2016, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

hsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by just rite
good luck i waited 8 months just keep a eyes on post is hard but no choice
Wow 8 months!
I need a drink
Old Jun 17th 2016, 2:38 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Ian, I think you may be miss reading the posts
I'm not misreading! You have travel booked for August - so postpone your interview until you return. You're allowed to do that. Yes, it'll mean that there will be a period of time that you have no authorization to travel... but you can't have it both ways! US immigration isn't like Burger King.

Ian
Old Jun 17th 2016, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

yum2yum is an unknown quantity at this point

Your own mileage may vary of course, but I just did exactly what you describe without trouble.

Current Visa due to expire in jan 17.
Trip to USA planned for July 16 (and was documented as my "travel plans" on visa application.
Interviewed for next visa with waiver June 16.

The consular officer didn't seemed to bat an eyelid when I explained that I had a valid visa for my trip in July, but understood the waiver process can take 8 months and wanted to have continued ability to travel.

I was recommend for a waiver as before and advised wait times around 6 months.

hope that helps.
Old Jun 17th 2016, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

serenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yum2yum
Your own mileage may vary of course, but I just did exactly what you describe without trouble.

Current Visa due to expire in jan 17.
Trip to USA planned for July 16 (and was documented as my "travel plans" on visa application.
Interviewed for next visa with waiver June 16.

The consular officer didn't seemed to bat an eyelid when I explained that I had a valid visa for my trip in July, but understood the waiver process can take 8 months and wanted to have continued ability to travel.

I was recommend for a waiver as before and advised wait times around 6 months.

hope that helps.
Thank you yumyum - this is exactly what happen to me the first time - the only thing that is different this time Is that when I filled application I didn't have any plans to travel to the US - which I do now.

Thanks for the input to everyone else x
Old Jun 20th 2016, 6:02 pm
Just Joined

Alex234 is an unknown quantity at this point

I see that on the latest Belfast status list they are advising a wait time of 4 - 5 months and looking at the list most seem to be well within this time. https://uk.usembassy.gov/wp-content/...ng_belfast.pdf
Do the Belfast applications get processed quicker than London or can I now hope that my London interview on 13th May will also be within the 4 - 5 months timeframe ?

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.