Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Jun 7th 2016, 12:23 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by Brynteg996
I've now been waiting over a year since original interview in London, nothing has changed in my circumstances but I am losing hope as everyday passes.
Have you considered contacting them using the online contact page here? It might help... it might not - but you lose nothing in trying.

Ian
Old Jun 7th 2016, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

yum2yum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by yum2yum
Have been popping on most days to try and land on a cancellation but no luck.

Hopped online this morning and there she was, like a little diamond in the dirt, one sole slot on June 7th, brining my appointment forward by 2 months and meaning I should enjoy an unbroken ability to travel. A great result - so thank you again for sharing your tips.
Went in today as planned. This was for my second waiver - (previously had visa granted without waiver needed, then visa denied (no waiver requested) and then visa denied but waiver requested and granted (1 year) all with the same single police caution and all within last 4 years.

Very short interview, advised of 6 month wait time and was told that I would be recommended for a 5 year visa, which is fantastic news.
Old Jun 7th 2016, 2:55 pm
Just Joined

Brynteg996 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Have you considered contacting them using the online contact page here? It might help... it might not - but you lose nothing in trying.
Thanks for the link Ian. I have sent an email today. Hopefully will receive some promising news shortly.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jun 9th 2016 at 12:02 am. Reason: Cocked up quote
Old Jun 7th 2016, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

serenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yum2yum
Went in today as planned. This was for my second waiver - (previously had visa granted without waiver needed, then visa denied (no waiver requested) and then visa denied but waiver requested and granted (1 year) all with the same single police caution and all within last 4 years.

Very short interview, advised of 6 month wait time and was told that I would be recommended for a 5 year visa, which is fantastic news.

Fingers crossed for the 5 year waiver yum2yum

I have my interview on 27th June ( 3rd application , 1 year granted , 1 year granted -even though recommended for 2 year)

I shouldn't be too far behind you on our timescales.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jun 9th 2016 at 12:01 am. Reason: Cocked up quote
Old Jun 7th 2016, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

Newyork is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi folks,
I was just wondering what people's experiences are when it comes to being sent to secondary interview when arriving in the U.S.
My experience last year was about 10 minutes in secondary while this year was about 1 1/2 hours because the passport hall and secondary were absolutely full, but when called to the desk the actual process took a few minutes. While the desk officers were pleasant and respectful there was one female officer walking around the room who was a bit aggressive telling people off for various things including using mobile phones and not sitting down when told to.

Newyork
Old Jun 7th 2016, 6:06 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Newyork
I was just wondering what people's experiences are when it comes to being sent to secondary interview when arriving in the U.S.
It seems you answered your own inquiry... "last year was about 10 minutes" and "when called to the desk the actual process took a few minutes". Why would you expect anything different? Time spent in secondary is entirely dependent on the number of people ahead of you - and you can't control that.

Ian
Old Jun 7th 2016, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
It seems you answered your own inquiry... "last year was about 10 minutes" and "when called to the desk the actual process took a few minutes". Why would you expect anything different? Time spent in secondary is entirely dependent on the number of people ahead of you - and you can't control that.

Ian
Just a general inquiry Ian as I thought things had gone a bit quiet on here recently.
Was the experience in secondary as expected or otherwise, was the process conducted quickly at the desk , was it done respectfully, was the questioning straightforward or more intrusive than expected, did you realise that you would be taken to secondary, were your suitcases left to circulate on the luggage carousel while you were in secondary. Etc etc.
It was not an inquiry purely about time spent in secondary but the overall experience.

Newyork
Old Jun 7th 2016, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

yum2yum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by serenawell
Fingers crossed for the 5 year waiver yum2yum

I have my interview on 27th June ( 3rd application , 1 year granted , 1 year granted -even though recommended for 2 year)

I shouldn't be too far behind you on our timescales.
Thanks and good luck to you!
Old Jun 8th 2016, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

serenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond repute

Just a general inquiry Ian as I thought things had gone a bit quiet on here recently.
Was the experience in secondary as expected or otherwise, was the process conducted quickly at the desk , was it done respectfully, was the questioning straightforward or more intrusive than expected, did you realise that you would be taken to secondary, were your suitcases left to circulate on the luggage carousel while you were in secondary. Etc etc.
It was not an inquiry purely about time spent in secondary but the overall experience.

Newyork

My experiences have been very similar to yours. With the addition I have been pulled aside at Heathrow while checking in for my flight. My passport had been flagged that I had been for an interview at the Embassy (2nd) and they were making sure the 1st visa was still valid. Quick chat with the homeland security officer, all polite and pleasant , was over in a few mins and I was allowed to carry on checking in.

I have been to the US four times since getting my first visa, I was sent to secondary on all four occasions. The times I spent in there was , as you said just down to how many other people were also in there and how many staff were working.

1st visit - New York - 10 mins - 4 officers working - 2 people including me
2nd visit - LAX - 1 hour - about 8 officers working - between 20 & 30 people
3rd visit - New York - 20 mins - 4 officers working about 4/5 people
4th visit - Las Vegas - 1 1/2 hours - 3 officers working - 2 officers were in the middle of deporting 2 separate people that had been caught with evidence that they were there to work so only 1 other officer was dealing with the rest of us. This is where I met Loulas husband .

I travel with my husband, and on every occasion they have allowed him to take my hand luggage with him while he goes ahead to collect our other luggage from the carousel. He has to sit and wait for me out in baggage reclaim until I'm done. Even though he has an ESTA and he could use the ESTA line he chooses to wait with me and we go up together to the initial interview with the finger scans and pics.

Questioning was as expected. They want to know why you are there and how long you are staying. Is far as I can remember only the officer at LAX asked what I was actually planning to do while I was there. It may have been because it had only been 6 weeks since my previous visit to New York so the question didn't seem out of place at all.

All officers have been very polite and respectful. Some are more serious that others but in general very nice human beings They are just their jobs.

I hope this helps Newyork, if there Is anything else you want to know ask away.
Old Jun 9th 2016, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by serenawell
My experiences have been very similar to yours. With the addition I have been pulled aside at Heathrow while checking in for my flight. My passport had been flagged that I had been for an interview at the Embassy (2nd) and they were making sure the 1st visa was still valid. Quick chat with the homeland security officer, all polite and pleasant , was over in a few mins and I was allowed to carry on checking in.

I have been to the US four times since getting my first visa, I was sent to secondary on all four occasions. The times I spent in there was , as you said just down to how many other people were also in there and how many staff were working.

1st visit - New York - 10 mins - 4 officers working - 2 people including me
2nd visit - LAX - 1 hour - about 8 officers working - between 20 & 30 people
3rd visit - New York - 20 mins - 4 officers working about 4/5 people
4th visit - Las Vegas - 1 1/2 hours - 3 officers working - 2 officers were in the middle of deporting 2 separate people that had been caught with evidence that they were there to work so only 1 other officer was dealing with the rest of us. This is where I met Loulas husband .

I travel with my husband, and on every occasion they have allowed him to take my hand luggage with him while he goes ahead to collect our other luggage from the carousel. He has to sit and wait for me out in baggage reclaim until I'm done. Even though he has an ESTA and he could use the ESTA line he chooses to wait with me and we go up together to the initial interview with the finger scans and pics.

Questioning was as expected. They want to know why you are there and how long you are staying. Is far as I can remember only the officer at LAX asked what I was actually planning to do while I was there. It may have been because it had only been 6 weeks since my previous visit to New York so the question didn't seem out of place at all.

All officers have been very polite and respectful. Some are more serious that others but in general very nice human beings They are just their jobs.

I hope this helps Newyork, if there Is anything else you want to know ask away.
Thank you for the reply serenawell,

I thought other people's experience would help those who will be going through the process for the first time and did not know what to expect.I think it is good to be prepared in advance and think about problems connected with being in secondary such as the luggage situation if travelling alone, not being able to contact people waiting for you land side of the airport, being prepared for the general questions etc to make the transition into the U.S. not a unknown and stressful experience.

Did I understand correctly that you met your husband to be in secondary, if so , fantastic or did you mean your husband joined you in secondary ?

New York
Old Jun 9th 2016, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

sevorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Just tried to schedule an appointment for London after completing and submitting DS160, in the payment section, my previous application(non immigrant visa)from 2 years ago was still showing as active. The only way I could pay and make an appointment was to create a new account.
Can anyone please advise me the cost of the photo booth in the waiting area as their system did not like any of the photos i submitted.
For information for those who are waiting for an appointment I applied today and was given 7th July and there seemed to be many dates in July available
Old Jun 9th 2016, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sevorg
Just tried to schedule an appointment for London after completing and submitting DS160, in the payment section, my previous application(non immigrant visa)from 2 years ago was still showing as active. The only way I could pay and make an appointment was to create a new account.
Can anyone please advise me the cost of the photo booth in the waiting area as their system did not like any of the photos i submitted.
For information for those who are waiting for an appointment I applied today and was given 7th July and there seemed to be many dates in July available
Hi sevorg,
I had the same problem last year, contacted them by phone (cannot remember the number used), got through straight away and they said they had not updated their files and archived them so he did it there and then and when I went back to the DS 160 page I was then able to continue the application and choosing an interview date.

Cannot help with photo booth query but I think it would be around £5/6, but why not go to your local one as I did and they are embassy accepted if you know how to scan into your computer and upload to your DS 160 application using their tool to adjust the photo to become acceptable.

Newyork

Last edited by Newyork; Jun 9th 2016 at 2:30 pm.
Old Jun 9th 2016, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

sevorg is an unknown quantity at this point

NewYork, I tried the call centre but after about 10 mins of press 1 for this and press 4 for that I gave up.I opened a new account using another e mail address different from the one used before.
With regard to the photos, I think there may be a problem with their software.I uploaded a variety of shots, all were rejected , in desperation I even tried the photo I used on my last application(which had no problems) that too was rejected.
The easiest thing for me is to get the photos at the Embassy I just need to know how many pound coins I need to have with me( my local photo booth used to be US visa acceptable you had the option to select but now it just says UK passport suitable)
Old Jun 9th 2016, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you for the reply serenawell,

I thought other people's experience would help those who will be going through the process for the first time and did not know what to expect.I think it is good to be prepared in advance and think about problems connected with being in secondary such as the luggage situation if travelling alone, not being able to contact people waiting for you land side of the airport, being prepared for the general questions etc to make the transition into the U.S. not a unknown and stressful experience.

Did I understand correctly that you met your husband to be in secondary, if so , fantastic or did you mean your husband joined you in secondary ?

New York
No no - Sorry I confused - There is a poster on here called Loulabelle who posts about her hubby and his visa experiences. I knew we were on the same flight so when the next English guy joined me in secondary, I asked if he was her hubby , he was !!

Relatives/partners are not allowed to join you, you have to sit on your own , unless you ask strange men if they are married to people you chat online with LOL .
Old Jun 10th 2016, 6:22 am
Just Joined

ontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ontherox
Yes, just the passport. The e-mails should say that no other document is required.

My business trip has been cancelled so I am now on my way to send my passport off!
I received an e-mail yesterday saying that they have released my documents to the courier service. I should be able to collected my passport today according to the tracking information on the DX website. I assume further details are included too though as I don't reallly know any details.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.