Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Dec 16th 2014, 9:53 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by Hle311
Are visas of 6 months still issued do you know material controller?
I have no idea, sorry. Nobody has turned up on BE and reported that happening for at least a couple of years that I can recall.

Originally Posted by sevorg
MaterialController, yes that was an interesting read.
I am not sure why the CO even mentioned the 5 years,it was not following any prompting by me.I even said after she said that, that the next application would be in the new embassy building and she agreed.

Having read the guidance,I would have preferred that she had not mentioned the 5 years, as I was fully expecting the same as before, as I would have been happy but now I will be disappointed if I "only" get the one year visa.

Ah well, my passport is now with the Embassy so I will know sometime next week.Will let you know what happens.
The official probably meant to say they were going to request you a five year visa, rather than give you a five year visa. Anyway, best of luck to you and it will be interesting to hear the outcome of your case when you finally receive the visa.
Old Dec 23rd 2014, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

sevorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Picked up my passport today,had a quick look to see if 5 year visa had been granted.Saw expiry date and realised 5 year not granted.Bit disappointed.

Later took a second look and noticed expiry date December 2016,they had granted me a two year visa!(Multi Entry).
Not exactly what I had hoped for but better than a one year, maybe next one will be the five year!!!

Nice Christmas present from US Gov

Good luck and Happy Christmas to all waiting(I know its not PC so happy holiday to everyone else)
Old Dec 23rd 2014, 1:12 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sevorg
Picked up my passport today,had a quick look to see if 5 year visa had been granted.Saw expiry date and realised 5 year not granted.Bit disappointed.

Later took a second look and noticed expiry date December 2016,they had granted me a two year visa!(Multi Entry).
Not exactly what I had hoped for but better than a one year, maybe next one will be the five year!!!

Nice Christmas present from US Gov

Good luck and Happy Christmas to all waiting(I know its not PC so happy holiday to everyone else)
All's well that ends well. You've actually done very well to receive a 24 month multiple entry visa on only your second application, so very well done and best of luck to you going forward.
Old Dec 23rd 2014, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

just rite is an unknown quantity at this point

hello there,
i am planning to go to states soon. however i don't know remember when i went last time. now i am worried that, when i go this time i would have to mention that i this is my 2nd time, however no idea what so ever abt the dates and the duration i stayed !! i was very young when i went the first time.

is there any way i can find out the same pls ??? thanks....
Old Dec 23rd 2014, 10:02 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by just rite
is there any way i can find out the same pls ??? thanks....
No one is going to ask, and no one is going to care - especially if you were very young at the time.

Ian
Old Dec 24th 2014, 12:24 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
No one is going to ask, and no one is going to care - especially if you were very young at the time. ....
I think I was asked when I used to come as a visitor, and I believe my mother has been asked when she was last here too. That said, I as agree nobody will care if it was a long time ago, but if asked the appropriate answer is "I don't know, it was a long time ago and I was only about x-y years old." .... Then STOP. You have answered the question so don't start waffling.

It seems to be one of those questions they like to ask just get some sort of conversation going, and to see if you become "edgy". If you have nothing to hide there is absolutely zero reason to be concerned.
Old Dec 24th 2014, 11:14 am
Just Joined

bellabess90 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

My Fiance had his interview in july and was turned down for a Visa but put forward for a visa of ineligibility? he was told he would hear back by November and we are still waiting does anyone know how we can contact the embassy to try and find out?

Thank You in advance

xx
Old Dec 24th 2014, 12:29 pm
Just Joined

Hle311 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just wanted to update, I've received my passport back today (excellent Christmas present!) with a 1 year multiple entry visa, absolutely thrilled with that and glad that for this time all the waiting is over and I can plan my trip! Merry Christmas all!
Old Dec 24th 2014, 12:31 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bellabess90
..... My Fiance had his interview in july and was turned down for a Visa but put forward for a visa of ineligibility? he was told he would hear back by November and we are still waiting does anyone know how we can contact the embassy to try and find out?
We hear it's currently taking about six months. He should wait until January.

BTW It's waiver of ineligibility. If the grounds for his ineligibility are "waived" then he will be issued a visa.

Last edited by Pulaski; Dec 24th 2014 at 1:08 pm.
Old Dec 24th 2014, 12:55 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bellabess90
My Fiance had his interview in july and was turned down for a Visa but put forward for a visa of ineligibility? he was told he would hear back by November and we are still waiting does anyone know how we can contact the embassy to try and find out?
I agree with everything Pulaski wrote. However, even if you contact the US Consular Service (not the Embassy... the Embassy is not involved in visa issues), you won't find out anything more than you already know... that no decision has yet been made on the waiver. When he gets a notice to submit his passport (or a notice that the waiver is denied), then you will have an answer.

Ian
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

sevorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a little bit of information for those still waiting and getting a little
worried.
Do not rely on the Admin Processing pdf. I monitored this the whole time my waiver was in AP and at no time did my reference number appear.Even now, after my waiver was granted and the visa issued, it still does not appear.Even after at least three updates on the pdf.
So basically, do not rely on this to show your application and get worried if your number is not shown.
Hope this helps.
Old Jan 8th 2015, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

EmmaW1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, just wanted a bit of advice please, been a while since I was on here. I got my visa waiver for 1 year multiple entry last May and am going to Florida in April this year with my husband, baby and parents. Just wanted to ask if anyone knows what the rates of refusal are for entry for people with waivers. I have seen people mention secondary processing before and am genuinely terrified of going through immigration at Orlando and either being pulled aside or being refused. I know that everyone's entry is subject to the immigration officer visa or not but I am just very worried. I went to Florida 20+ times pre waiver but not since. Any advic would be gratefully received. Thanks
Old Jan 8th 2015, 12:20 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by EmmaW1
Just wanted to ask if anyone knows what the rates of refusal are for entry for people with waivers.
Very low.

I have seen people mention secondary processing before and am genuinely terrified of going through immigration at Orlando and either being pulled aside or being refused.
Unless you have an actual reason to be concerned - other than some nebulous fear of the unknown and uncontrollable - I suggest you try to relax. People always imagine the worst possible situation when, in fact, 99% of people have no issues - including those with waivers.

Indeed, having a waiver helps you to some extent... because it demonstrates that US immigration has already given your situation further scrutiny and deemed you a low or non-existent risk. Had that not been the case, you wouldn't have received the waiver.

Ian
Old Jan 8th 2015, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

EmmaW1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Ian. It is completely irrational. My parents have paid for the holiday and I just don't want their money wasted that's all. Thank you for replying though, I do appreciate it
Old Jan 11th 2015, 4:29 pm
Just Joined

bates1982 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Hello
This is my first post and I am desperate for some help and advice. Whilst reading quite a few post I am getting really worried now. Me and my partner want to take our kids and get married in Florida. We want to go his June (2015). My partner has a criminal conviction dating back 5 years now. We thought we would get ball rolling by applying for his waiver of ineligibility back in 2013. We started process in the October 2013. We received notification to attend the USA embassy on 4th December 2013. In the letter that he received it said it would take approximately 20-22 weeks. We expected longer due to nothing in England ever being on time but we are now 13 months on and still no news. I can see that some people have applied after us and received visa's back. We tried to chase up back in September 2014 with no avail. We haven't booked anything due to this but we do need to get married in June as planning on starting Uni. In September for 3 year course and really need to do it before I start. Plus we have all our things like dress, rings, kids outfits etc. I never thought for 1 moment that we still be waiting to hear 13 month on.. Can anyone please help. I feel like I want to cry every time I think about it as looked other places to wed but just want the kids to be happy..
Thanks
Claire

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.