Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old May 14th 2013, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

TranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
Excellent. All that patient waiting paid off in the end! Will be interesting to see what sort of validity you get this time as it's your, what, 3rd waiver now?
Yeh 3rd waiver. 1st one was 6 month single entry. Last one was 1 year multiple entry.

Hoping for 2 years but lets see. Passport collected tomorrow will update on turn around time.
Old May 19th 2013, 8:45 pm
Just Joined

corrine23 is an unknown quantity at this point

hello just a question, might be in the wrong forum for this question but i will ask anyway, if i have to get a wavier for my visits to the USA, does this mean i couldn't marry my USA partner, and eventually live n become a US citizen?
Old May 19th 2013, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

TranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond repute

Not necessarily. But I wouldn't plan it for some years !
Old May 19th 2013, 8:50 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by corrine23
hello just a question, might be in the wrong forum for this question but i will ask anyway, if i have to get a wavier for my visits to the USA, does this mean i couldn't marry my USA partner, and eventually live n become a US citizen?
No it won't stop you marrying. But it does mean you would also need to get a waiver for whichever fiance/spouse/immigrant visa you eventually apply for.
Old May 19th 2013, 10:40 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by corrine23
... if i have to get a wavier for my visits to the USA, does this mean i couldn't marry my USA partner, and eventually live n become a US citizen?
Whatever else you do, don't get married before you get the waiver... unless your partner doesn't mind moving to your country!

Ian
Old May 19th 2013, 11:49 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

There are a few things that you can get a waiver for and visit, but there is no waiver available if you want to move in and live.
Old Jun 5th 2013, 2:54 am
Just Joined

biomedicalengg is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

I had my visa interview on April 19th. The interviewer told me on the spot that she would go ahead and apply for the non-immigrant 212d3 waiver for me.

I understand these waivers take some time to process. However, I am applying for a F-1(student) visa and my university starts in August.

Is there anything I can do to help expedite the process or anyone that I can email/contact?

I applied from the consulate in Singapore.

Thank you.
Old Jun 5th 2013, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

In a word, no
Old Jun 5th 2013, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

Sorry for lack of update guys. Turnaround from passport leaving my house to passport/visa in hand was about 1 week. They only gave me 1 year again. . So look forward to all this crap again in 6 months
Old Jun 5th 2013, 7:25 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TranceMaster
Sorry for lack of update guys. Turnaround from passport leaving my house to passport/visa in hand was about 1 week. They only gave me 1 year again. . So look forward to all this crap again in 6 months
Make sure you don't book your trip until you have the visa next time though
Old Jun 9th 2013, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

marbella-james is an unknown quantity at this point

13 months and counting! Being in AP is a real pain esp when you consider that i will only probably get a 1 year visa. just wondering as ive seen it before but could i not just apply for esta now that i have a new passport with a different passport number? i last tried over a year ago now.
Old Jun 9th 2013, 2:38 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by marbella-james
13 months and counting! Being in AP is a real pain esp when you consider that i will only probably get a 1 year visa. just wondering as ive seen it before but could i not just apply for esta now that i have a new passport with a different passport number? i last tried over a year ago now.
No you can't apply for an ESTA, at least not legally. You have a previous overstay in the USA, correct? Then the VWP is off-limits to you for life.
Old Jul 1st 2013, 2:29 pm
Just Joined

Hi all,

During my visa interview the CO told me that she would go ahead and apply for the waiver on my behalf. Does this mean she has 'recommended' me for the waiver?

My interview was back in April and I applied for a F-1 visa. All my other documents supporting my F-1 visa were in order and the CO was satisfied with them.

Thank you
Old Jul 1st 2013, 3:37 pm
Just Joined

brit82 is an unknown quantity at this point

Woohoo I have just had the email stating they are ready to issue my bf's Visa and to send off his passport. He had the interview on 27th Feb 2013 in London, just under 18 weeks ago......on our letter the estimate was 20-22 weeks. EXCITED
Old Jul 1st 2013, 3:43 pm
Just Joined

hey brit82,

you must be relieved!

would you mind sharing the reason your bf needed the waiver?

also, when you say "on our letter the estimate was 20-22 weeks" what letter are you referring to? i never received any letter from the embassy.

thank you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.