Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Apr 29th 2013, 1:09 am
Just Joined

rebel_s is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by TranceMaster
Now now girls! ahhhemmm.... so anyone got their email yet?
We're at week 16, so we're hoping you can ignore the arguing and keep posting when you get your email/waiver so we can get some useful information, like current wait times! It'd be greatly appreciated!
Old Apr 29th 2013, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

marbella-james is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Now on week 50 so all of you complaining about waiting 20-26 weeks, i actually envy you! They have just sent me my now expired passport back so that i can apply for a new one and then sent that one to them.
Old Apr 29th 2013, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

TranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marbella-james
Now on week 50 so all of you complaining about waiting 20-26 weeks, i actually envy you! They have just sent me my now expired passport back so that i can apply for a new one and then sent that one to them.
Theres actually a valid lesson to learn here. Dont bother applying for a waiver with a password nearing expiry. I dont think a visa is valid in an expired passport, even if the visa goes beyond the expiry date of the passport.

I had a year left but chose to get a new one due to the initial lead time and then a visa that would expire with the passport.
Old Apr 29th 2013, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

TranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rebel_s
We're at week 16, so we're hoping you can ignore the arguing and keep posting when you get your email/waiver so we can get some useful information, like current wait times! It'd be greatly appreciated!
Latest poster saying they had an email think was 24 weeks and 3 days. Page 37?

Thanks
Old Apr 29th 2013, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

Theres actually a valid lesson to learn here. Dont bother applying for a waiver with a password nearing expiry. I dont think a visa is valid in an expired passport, even if the visa goes beyond the expiry date of the passport.

I had a year left but chose to get a new one due to the initial lead time and then a visa that would expire with the passport.
Ive always been told that the visa is valid no matter what but i see your point although i never thought it would take this long. hey ho...
Old Apr 29th 2013, 4:48 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I dont think a visa is valid in an expired passport, even if the visa goes beyond the expiry date of the passport.
They won't put a visa in an invalid passport, but if the passport is valid, the visa goes in. If, subsequently, the passport expires, the visa is still valid. The traveler would need to carry both the new passport and the expired passport with the valid visa.

Ian
Old Apr 29th 2013, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
They won't put a visa in an invalid passport, but if the passport is valid, the visa goes in. If, subsequently, the passport expires, the visa is still valid. The traveler would need to carry both the new passport and the expired passport with the valid visa.

Ian
Really? Oh OK, well thats better then. My theory was they would be encouraged to give you a waiver for a shorter time, to match the expiry of the passport? Just a theory!

And as we all know the less times you have to go through this painful process, the better!
Old Apr 29th 2013, 8:45 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Deleted.
Old Apr 30th 2013, 12:52 am
Just Joined

rebel_s is an unknown quantity at this point

Latest poster saying they had an email think was 24 weeks and 3 days. Page 37?

Thanks
I have seen someone else on a different thread post they got theirs back after 22 weeks and that was in March this year.
Old Apr 30th 2013, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

Cool Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by rebel_s
I have seen someone else on a different thread post they got theirs back after 22 weeks and that was in March this year.
23 weeks for me at the min so that one out the window
Old Apr 30th 2013, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

Ian
So now im gonna send them my new passport(once received) along with the old one...
Old May 1st 2013, 12:17 am
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

The traveler would need to carry both the new passport and the expired passport with the valid visa.
Just to add to your insightful comment for other readers, the expired passport with the visa along with a valid passport only applies when both the expired and valid passport list the same nationality.

For example, someone could not use an expired Jamaican passport with a work visa along with a valid British passport.
Old May 1st 2013, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by crg
Just to add to your insightful comment for other readers, the expired passport with the visa along with a valid passport only applies when both the expired and valid passport list the same nationality.

For example, someone could not use an expired Jamaican passport with a work visa along with a valid British passport.
Both the expired and new passport are british.
Old May 1st 2013, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

Im just wondering but as i will have a new passport would i be able to apply for ESTA/VWP.
Old May 1st 2013, 5:18 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marbella-james
Im just wondering but as i will have a new passport would i be able to apply for ESTA/VWP.
No you can't. Having overstayed on a previous visit means you can never use the VWP now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.