Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Apr 15th 2013, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

marbella-james is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

I now actually envy you guys on here as the US embassy in Madrid have had my file since last may and passport returned to them since Early Feb-it has now expired and i am still waiting on a response! I asked them if they wanted a new passport to which they said no;48 weeks and counting...any suggestions
Old Apr 15th 2013, 11:47 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marbella-james
I now actually envy you guys on here as the US embassy in Madrid have had my file since last may and passport returned to them since Early Feb-it has now expired and i am still waiting on a response! I asked them if they wanted a new passport to which they said no;48 weeks and counting...any suggestions

Get a valid passport. Get yours back if you need it to get a new one. They will not place a visa in an expired passport.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

TranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond repute

Right, getting the thread back on track!

Sorry to hear your plight Marbella. Its hard enough process as it is getting any info as we all know without problems. When there are problems such as yours there is no one to contact and no accountability. Its a bit of a joke isnt it.

I was pretty enthusiastic after reading that someone a few pages before this stated they waited 20 weeks and 3 days. I was then confused by the previous posters comments saying they had waited 27 weeks. As it transpires they had missed the original email so that would support the case that the timescales have in fact decreased slightly.

So the question is how long do the embassy wait between initial email and email reminder?

Im at 21 weeks today. So hopefully any day!
Old Apr 16th 2013, 12:47 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TranceMaster
When there are problems such as yours there is no one to contact and no accountability. Its a bit of a joke isnt it.
There is accountability... just not to the non-USC applicant! The US government doesn't answer to foreigners!

Ian
Old Apr 16th 2013, 4:47 pm
Just Joined

spider123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hear your plight Marbella. Its hard enough process as it is getting any info as we all know without problems. When there are problems such as yours there is no one to contact and no accountability. Its a bit of a joke isnt it.

I was pretty enthusiastic after reading that someone a few pages before this stated they waited 20 weeks and 3 days. I was then confused by the previous posters comments saying they had waited 27 weeks. As it transpires they had missed the original email so that would support the case that the timescales have in fact decreased slightly.

So the question is how long do the embassy wait between initial email and email reminder?

hi I wanted to know this one as well I think page 37, but maybe not worded as good as yours, got stupid replys from the same people !!! good luck in getting a normail answer ps hope it comes though very soon
Old Apr 16th 2013, 5:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

DavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond repute

I was pretty enthusiastic after reading that someone a few pages before this stated they waited 20 weeks and 3 days. I was then confused by the previous posters comments saying they had waited 27 weeks.
I always say hope for the best but prepare for the worst. Seeing as each case is different in its own merit, it is really hard to be able to determine an exact timeline for applications. However the trend of late appears that applications are taking longer than that of the 20 weeks you quote above. However as you clearly see there are exceptions where cases are adjudicated quicker than others. It all depends on how much work/investigation has to go into each individual case to be able to make an informed decision. Some cases are much more simple than others which can assist the officer in coming to a decision a lot quicker, whilst others may not be so cut and dry and thus require more time to process.

That is a good question, and wonder if the person reporting the missed email is able to go back through their inbox to locate the one they missed and let us know.
Old Apr 17th 2013, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

marbella-james is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, they are now me back my expired passport for me to get a new one. I then have to send them both back to the embassy. I just hope that it doesnt take this long for the next wavier/visa as i'll hopefully going under an E2 from my work.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

sevorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a small update on my travel after receiving a waiver of ineligibility on a B2.
Heathrow Airport, no additional questions beyond why are you travelling.
Arrived at Dallas Fort Worth, having almost run from the plane got to arrival hall with only about twenty people in front of me.Half an hour later the hall was full(so run)
After about 20 mins called forward. Asked why are you travelling, what job do you have, fingerprints taken, where are you staying and how long for.
Then said you will have to come with me,no explanation, just told to wait in a room with about twenty/thirty others (only one other European person present)
No announcements or notices, or any indications as to what was happening, just every 15mins or so someone called to the window.As most of these conversations were in Spanish, I had no idea what was being said.
After about hour and a half I was called,when I got to the window I was told that the visa was not a right of entry and only request for permission to enter(which I knew).
I was then handed my passport back and the Officer said, almost apologetically, we have to do this and I was sent on my way with no questions or anything else,so I am not sure exactly what they were doing during the hour and a half.
Generally painless apart from not knowing what was going happening or how long it would take.
Ps a small tip, if you have someone waiting for you, the room has signs saying “No Cellphones” but no one seemed to worry about using them.
Pps The room has no toilet but if you go to the window and ask they will unlock the door and let you use the one in their room.

pps They did not take my I 94 from me when I left, some say send it to Kentucky other say take it with you next time ???

Last edited by sevorg; Apr 18th 2013 at 3:02 pm. Reason: add question
Old Apr 18th 2013, 3:39 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sevorg
Just a small update on my travel after receiving a waiver of ineligibility on a B2.
Heathrow Airport, no additional questions beyond why are you travelling.
Arrived at Dallas Fort Worth, having almost run from the plane got to arrival hall with only about twenty people in front of me.Half an hour later the hall was full(so run)
After about 20 mins called forward. Asked why are you travelling, what job do you have, fingerprints taken, where are you staying and how long for.
Then said you will have to come with me,no explanation, just told to wait in a room with about twenty/thirty others (only one other European person present)
No announcements or notices, or any indications as to what was happening, just every 15mins or so someone called to the window.As most of these conversations were in Spanish, I had no idea what was being said.
After about hour and a half I was called,when I got to the window I was told that the visa was not a right of entry and only request for permission to enter(which I knew).
I was then handed my passport back and the Officer said, almost apologetically, we have to do this and I was sent on my way with no questions or anything else,so I am not sure exactly what they were doing during the hour and a half.
Generally painless apart from not knowing what was going happening or how long it would take.
Ps a small tip, if you have someone waiting for you, the room has signs saying “No Cellphones” but no one seemed to worry about using them.
Pps The room has no toilet but if you go to the window and ask they will unlock the door and let you use the one in their room.

pps They did not take my I 94 from me when I left, some say send it to Kentucky other say take it with you next time ???
Being sent to secondary processing is normal for people with waivers of ineligibility. Glad it all worked out smoothly for you.

The airline gate agent is supposed to take the I-94 from you when you depart the USA (I would usually approach them with it visible - either against the cover of my passport or open at the page where it's been fixed). Mail the thing to Kentucky and keep boarding pass stubs from your return flight, just so you can prove you did depart the US. Probably won't be an issue though.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 5:35 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

If the airline personnel don't take the I-94, it is your responsibility to give it to them. If you still have it, send it to Kentucky - because that is what you are required to do. You can freely ignore those who suggest you take it with you next time!

Ian
Old Apr 18th 2013, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

DavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond repute

On a couple of occasions on some of my frequent trips back to the UK, I would get to the plane and realize that the I-94 was still present in my passport. Anyways for every occurrence in which my i-94 has been retained by me leaving the US, I have handed it back in on arrival. For me it made no sense to post it to Kentucky as I would be back on US soil before that document ever arrived at its destination and got processed.

On NO occasions of having done this have i met with a negative response. I have always explained the scenario at the time i hand it over and the officer has taken the document and all was good with the world once more. Like i say it has only been a couple of occasions that this has happened out of about 20 or so flights over the last 2 and a half years.

I would suggest that if your return to the US is not immediate then follow the official guidelines, i would not recommend retaining the I-94. Whilst im not saying that the alternative is correct, my experiences have been that there have been no negative impacts, but that could be down to the situation I was in.

Last edited by DavidLemon; Apr 18th 2013 at 6:32 pm.
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

GinGino has a spectacular aura aboutGinGino has a spectacular aura aboutGinGino has a spectacular aura about

Apparently if you leave on a commercial flight they automatically know you left the US but for the sake of a stamp and proof of postage I would send it off, after everything we have been through to get a waiver is it worth putting another spanner in the works for overstaying!
Old Apr 24th 2013, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

TranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond repute

22 Weeks and 1 day................ Still waiting impatiently...........
Old Apr 24th 2013, 7:44 pm
Just Joined

spider123 is an unknown quantity at this point

22 Weeks and 1 day................ Still waiting impatiently...........
2 day's behind you, and still waiting too !! and emails think they give 30 days for final email so the other people I would say they got at 23 if they picked upon the first email and i remember 2011 we missed holiday came 2 weeks after my family returned bk home and they sent an email which by then we wasn't intrested as you can imagine and we also got a final reminder and thinking about it that was about 4 weeks from the first one its a joke I though backlogs of visas are ment to ease as the months go on but not the case so just about given up now takeso just taking each day as it comes
Old Apr 24th 2013, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spider123
2 day's behind you, and still waiting too !! and emails think they give 30 days for final email so the other people I would say they got at 23 if they picked upon the first email and i remember 2011 we missed holiday came 2 weeks after my family returned bk home and they sent an email which by then we wasn't intrested as you can imagine and we also got a final reminder and thinking about it that was about 4 weeks from the first one its a joke I though backlogs of visas are ment to ease as the months go on but not the case so just about given up now takeso just taking each day as it comes
They probably got 1 person dealing with em all!

Yes it is a joke, but what can you do? I've lost over £3000 now with rearranged travel plans.....

I think they need to start processing renewals with no further criminal charges since last waiver differently. They should delegate the decision to the embassy in these cases.

I went Thailand for the first time last Christmas. Had I knew then what I know now I wouldn't have bothered with all this is USA visa hassle. Nowhere else cares about my aged crimes, why USA?

Last edited by TranceMaster; Apr 24th 2013 at 9:23 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.