Nonimmigrant visa

Old Jan 28th 2013, 12:37 pm
Just Joined

sarahlouisecalabrese is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nonimmigrant visa

Hi guys,

Ive spoke to someone at ***

http://answers.usa.gov/system/selfse...=en&COUNTRY=us ***

And was advised that because my fiance cannot sponsor me to move to america, that i should apply for a nonimmigrant visa? Or maybe it was immigrant visa?? I cant remember now.

She also said i will not require a sponsor for this???

This all sounds a bit strange?

Any advice?
Old Jan 28th 2013, 12:53 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant visa

Precisely.
Old Jan 28th 2013, 1:09 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Precisely.
With all due respect, I disagree.
Old Jan 28th 2013, 1:12 pm
Just Joined

so you do need a sponsor?
Old Jan 28th 2013, 1:21 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sarahlouisecalabrese
so you do need a sponsor?
No, I am now a dual citizen, but thanks for asking.
Old Jan 28th 2013, 1:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pulaski
ok, so you applied for the visa, and go approved, with no sponsor?
Did you have work out there or family?

Or did you just decide to apply and was approved?

What evidence did you need? And are you originially from a visa waiver country?
Old Jan 28th 2013, 1:27 pm
Mouthy Yank

Speedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
LOL Pulaski.

Sarah, I think what they meant is that since your fiance is unable to complete the process for a fiance or spouse visa (due to not being able to support you or find someone else to co-sponsor), you will have to find another way to legally enter and live in the US.

If Pulaski wasn't so busy being a smartie, he'd probably link you to his wiki page to determine whether you qualify: http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulask...ork_in_the_USA
Old Jan 28th 2013, 3:02 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

And was advised that because my fiance cannot sponsor me to move to america, that i should apply for a nonimmigrant visa?
Yes. Some other non-immigrant visa, other than a K-1 fiance visa.

Or maybe it was immigrant visa??
Immigrant visas are hard to obtain. If your fiance doesn't qualify to sponsor you for a fiance visa, he probably doesn't qualify to sponsor you for an immigrant visa, either.

I cant remember now.
It's a good idea to take notes on paper while on the phone.

You won't require a sponsor for a non-immigrant visa? I guess it depends what visa. For example, for a student visa, that's probably true...although you need to be accepted into a school first,and must have the funds available to cover the cost of school and cost of living. For a work visa, you will need a sponsoring employer. For an investment visa, you don't need a sponsor, but you need the money to invest, or a business to run, etc.

Not strange, just not enough details or specifics to make any rational comments.

Rene
Old Jan 28th 2013, 4:39 pm

ok, so you applied for the visa, and go approved, with no sponsor?
Did you have work out there or family?

Or did you just decide to apply and was approved?

What evidence did you need? And are you originally from a visa waiver country?
My wife is a USC, I am British, we were living in London we we decided to move to the US. I had a job lined up for when we moved over, but my visa was granted on the basis of my wife being a USC, and assets, not income. The alternative would have been for my wife to go first, then apply on the basis of her income, which is nonsensical as I had a job to go straight to, but them's the rules!
Old Jan 28th 2013, 6:35 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

That seems to have been a wasted conversation.

And was advised that because my fiance cannot sponsor me to move to america, that i should apply for a nonimmigrant visa? Or maybe it was immigrant visa?? I cant remember now.
Take notes next time.
Any advice?
Regards, JEff
Old Jan 28th 2013, 10:02 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys,

http://answers.usa.gov/system/selfse...=en&COUNTRY=us ***

Any advice?
thy are saying forget the idea of immigration
and get a tourist visa for a visit