No W2's will i be ok???

Old Nov 8th 2002, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

waiting4T is an unknown quantity at this point
Default No W2's will i be ok???

I have my last three years taxes, but i do not have my W2's. Will i have problems in the interview?? know they wants the W2 but what if u don't have them????
Old Nov 8th 2002, 12:57 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No W2's will i be ok???

Originally posted by waiting4T
I have my last three years taxes, but i do not have my W2's. Will i have problems in the interview?? know they wants the W2 but what if u don't have them????
Which interview are you talking about and which Affidavit of Support. If you do not have the W-2's to back up your copies of IRS tax returns then you have no way to "prove" that the figures you show on the returns are indeed the amounts you "earned". In that regard, the copies are worthless. Anyone can d/l a past 1040 form, put in fraudulent figures and hand them to INS.

A few suggestions would be to go to your employer(s), past and present, and ask them for copies of your past and present W-2's. Or you can wait until IRS generates them for you. Or order the tax transcripts from IRS on your past and present 1040's.

Rete
Old Nov 8th 2002, 4:09 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

For my I129f, I have a copy of my last 3 tax returns-the transcript copies from the INS, not the copies of the actual filing and W-2 forms. Will this be sufficient for our affidavit of support? I'm not sure I have all my W-2 forms. I can ask for my W-2 forms from previous employers, but wanted to know if the transcripts alone are ok?

Thanks
Juliet
Old Nov 8th 2002, 5:01 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jcapulet
For my I129f, I have a copy of my last 3 tax returns-the transcript copies from the INS, not the copies of the actual filing and W-2 forms. Will this be sufficient for our affidavit of support? I'm not sure I have all my W-2 forms. I can ask for my W-2 forms from previous employers, but wanted to know if the transcripts alone are ok?

Thanks
Juliet
Depends on the US Consulate. We used them without W-2's for the AOS interview without a problem. However, I did have them in the file in case they requested them.

If you have the time, it is better to have them and include copies.

Rete
Old Nov 9th 2002, 4:13 am
Forum Regular

I am talking about my fiance's interview at the consulate for the K1 visa. I can't get my W2's one of my jobs didn't give me one, they closed down. I have IRS transcript only. It is at the Consulate in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. There is no way i can get the W2's. I have a Co Sponsor, so will i be ok??
Old Nov 10th 2002, 2:55 am
Mrtravel

You can request a copy of your w-2 from the IRS.
What do you mean "there is no way I can get the W2's"?

waiting4T wrote:
    >
    > I am talking about my fiance's interview at the consulate for the K1
    > visa. I can't get my W2's one of my jobs didn't give me one, they
    > closed down. I have IRS transcript only. It is at the Consulate in Ho
    > Chi Minh City, Vietnam. There is no way i can get the W2's. I have a Co
    > Sponsor, so will i be ok??
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Nov 11th 2002, 2:17 am
Forum Regular

I can't get W2's because my job in 2000 and 2001 didn't issue W2's they wen't bankrupt. So the IRS doesn't have them. I had to use paystubs to file my taxes.
Old Nov 11th 2002, 10:04 pm
Troy

waiting4T wrote in message news:...
    > I can't get W2's because my job in 2000 and 2001 didn't issue W2's they
    > wen't bankrupt. So the IRS doesn't have them. I had to use paystubs to
    > file my taxes.

You don't need W-2s. All you need is to fill out the I-134.