Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

No Longer The Chauffeur! Drivers Test Done!

Wikiposts

No Longer The Chauffeur! Drivers Test Done!

Old May 19th 2003, 1:19 am
unDAUNTEd

KissingtheBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default No Longer The Chauffeur! Drivers Test Done!

Hi guys,

Well, Dave finally took his license test last week. After nine months of driving him everywhere I was soooo hopeful he would pass. It took him donkey's years to get his SSN, so that put a huge crimp in a lot of other, related plans.

Anyway, the written test went quick and then he had the road test, which he thought was dumb, but practiced for anyway.

"Lucky" for Dave (I think), he got a very young, female examiner, who was waaaay more interested in his British accent than in what he was actually doing on the road.

She said he did really well, except for one part where a lane change confused him...so she let him pull over so he could gather his wits and she could "explain" to him what the correct procedure was. Oh yeah, sure!

So, then we went and picked up his car, stopped at the insurance guy's office and now Dave is all ready to go. This will make the last two months of my pregnancy MUCH easier.

Oh yes, we have Farmers Insurance and Dave's coverage will be $1700.00 a year. YIKES!

Have a great day!

Ang