NIW - Reliable lawyer anyone?

Old Oct 7th 2011, 2:17 am
Just Joined

masky is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation NIW - Reliable lawyer anyone?

Guys,

I'm looking for an experienced lawyer in NIW cases. Anyone?

Thanks!
Old Oct 7th 2011, 3:41 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NIW - Reliable lawyer anyone?

I can tell you that Morris Deutsch (http://www.immigrationdc.com/) handled my successful NIW application back in 2005. He was effective and efficient, if a little... distant at times.

I was sometimes left with the impression that he had clients with much more urgent and pressing immigration issues than I had... which is probably true, given that I was never in any trouble or at risk of deportation!

I should add that I didn't pay for his services (my company did), so all I can't comment on his fees.
Old Oct 7th 2011, 4:39 am
Just Joined

masky is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks!

Originally Posted by dbj1000
I can tell you that Morris Deutsch (http://www.immigrationdc.com/) handled my successful NIW application back in 2005. He was effective and efficient, if a little... distant at times.

I was sometimes left with the impression that he had clients with much more urgent and pressing immigration issues than I had... which is probably true, given that I was never in any trouble or at risk of deportation!

I should add that I didn't pay for his services (my company did), so all I can't comment on his fees.
Old Oct 7th 2011, 2:23 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by masky
Guys,

I'm looking for an experienced lawyer in NIW cases. Anyone?

Thanks!
I've noted that you have posted several questions.

I would caution you to try to avoid making your inquiry too narrow. There may be other ways to expedite the process. For example, there is a tendency to glom onto NIW but ignore "Schedule A, Group II." Or, many NIW people are also eligible for EB-1.

Also, DBJ's case is a cautionary tale on several levels which I will let him describe if he wishes to do so. The NIW category is highly frowned upon by USCIS. In DBJ's case, the attorney was quite conservative and had the justifiable opinion that NIW would not work. An NIW was filed with the idea that "it can't hurt" -- and it worked. Moral -- do not be discouraged if the attorney sounds negative on the probability of a successful NIW.

I am no longer in practice, but my old friends at Fong and Chun do this type of work and are quite good.