Wikiposts

Newbie here plz bear with me

Old Apr 19th 2003, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

lfaridi has a spectacular aura aboutlfaridi has a spectacular aura aboutlfaridi has a spectacular aura about
Default Newbie here plz bear with me

Hi all,

My name is Linda and i just found this forum today. Lots of great advice going on here so I decided to register. I just recently started the K-3 visa process. My husband and I were married Jan. 14 2003 in Morocco. It took 2 months to get the marriage certificate to me here in the US. I started with a lawyer but apparently he was fired from the firm. He transferred all my paperwork to another lawyer in the same firm but different city. This new lawyer took 3 weeks to decide she couldn't even look at my file for 2 months. So here I am doing it on my own and stressing way too much..........Here is my timeline so far...... I sent the I-130 to Nebraska April 8, first NOA April 9. I didnt realize I needed another set of G-325A's until I read through the instructions for the I-129F. So I waited 2 weeks for my hubby's bio info which came today. Sending off the I-129F monday. I would like to know if anyone here has dealt with the consulate in Casablanca, Morocco? If so, are they pretty quick in getting out the P3 and appointment? Thanks for reading.
Linda
Old Apr 20th 2003, 4:29 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie here plz bear with me

Originally posted by lfaridi
Hi all,

My name is Linda and i just found this forum today. Lots of great advice going on here so I decided to register. I just recently started the K-3 visa process. My husband and I were married Jan. 14 2003 in Morocco. It took 2 months to get the marriage certificate to me here in the US. I started with a lawyer but apparently he was fired from the firm. He transferred all my paperwork to another lawyer in the same firm but different city. This new lawyer took 3 weeks to decide she couldn't even look at my file for 2 months. So here I am doing it on my own and stressing way too much..........Here is my timeline so far...... I sent the I-130 to Nebraska April 8, first NOA April 9. I didnt realize I needed another set of G-325A's until I read through the instructions for the I-129F. So I waited 2 weeks for my hubby's bio info which came today. Sending off the I-129F monday. I would like to know if anyone here has dealt with the consulate in Casablanca, Morocco? If so, are they pretty quick in getting out the P3 and appointment? Thanks for reading.
Linda
Hi Linda,
Here's a link for a simple search on Morocco in the newsgroup: http://groups.google.com/groups?q=mo...ased&scoring=d

I think Candice is the only one using them at the moment, and that's a fiance visa. Too bad you couldn't DCF while you were there as I think (?) they still offer it.

Darn and blast when anyone feels they have so much business that they can put customers off. I'm sure there's plenty of lawyers who could've been more attentive to you, but you should have no problem filing on your own. Check the group FAQ for more resources and ask away. The leading post at British Expats has a huge list of links for you to look at.
Old Apr 20th 2003, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

lfaridi has a spectacular aura aboutlfaridi has a spectacular aura aboutlfaridi has a spectacular aura about
Default thank u meauxna

i went to the link u sent me and emailed candice. hopefully she can give me a little inspiration. i was really bummed out about the lawyer thing, but i decided to look at it a different way. i know i am a strong woman and i have been reading everything i can find on K-3 visas so i know i can do it myself. but i have this fear of messing up. i just hope i dont have a very long wait. thanks again and happy easter.
linda
Old Apr 20th 2003, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

21stcenturylove is on a distinguished road
Default Welcome to British Expats

Hi Linda,

First of all, welcome to you from all of us in this forum. You did the right thing in registering with this forum to find out whatever you need to know about your journey with the BCIS. Read as much as you can from the BCIS website and raise your questions and doubts at this forum so that we can all discuss it.

I appreciate your "strong" attitude to pursue with your case and wish you good luck with your process.
Old Apr 21st 2003, 4:07 am
Forum Regular

candiceezznagui is an unknown quantity at this point
Default about Candice

Helllo I wanted to claify one thing.

I am Candice and my husband is from Morocco we are doing a K-3 VISA spouse visa NOT a fiancee visa.

There is also another Candice on this forum so that may have caused some confusion. Linda and me have been in contact, which is good since I would have LOVED to have help from someone who had been through this whole thing before. Morocco does things differently then many consuls so it is nice to have some inside information into how each specific consul acts.

Thank you for refering her to me for specific info about Morocco. This news group is great and I have become addicted! I will try to help any and all fellow suffers. Just knowing some detail about the process helps ease your anxity soooooooooo much!

Good luck everyone

Linda, I hope that helps let me know if I can answer any more questions!

Candice