Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

New to the Newsgroup...Wanted to say Hello

New to the Newsgroup...Wanted to say Hello

Old May 28th 2001, 6:13 pm
andgodcreatedjay

Hi Everyone,

My Fiancee and I are new to the Newsgroup...We are about to
begin the K-1 Visa process and if anyone had any tips to get
us started in the right direction, we would greatly appreciate
it...I've done a little research and I really must say this is
overwhelming...We look forward to chatting with some of you
and hope to make alot of new friends...Thanks for having us
and Goodluck to everyone in this situation...From your new
friends, Jay & Andrea

Old May 28th 2001, 9:13 pm
Ellie

[email protected] (AndGodCreatedJay)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Hi Jay and Andrea,

I take it you've already got the initial I-129F petition either filled out or ready
to complete? If not, get in touch with your local INS office and they'll give you all
the forms you'll need. I think you can also download these online from the IND
website. Although they don't specifically ask for it, include with your petition
anything and everything that proves your relationship! This will save them writing
back to you to request more proof of relationship. Proof may be, but is not limited
to, photocopies of both your phone bills, pics of you together (dated on back), any
correspondence both email and regular mail, copies of airline boarding passes and
copies pages of stamped passport showing you've travelled to the States, AND include
a covering "letter of intent" (ie explaining how/where you met, things you have in
common etc, and your intent to marry within 90 days of your fiance arriving in US).
We sent in copies of the aforementioned (except the covering letter, that was the
original, but we kept a copy). Keep originals of ALL the supporting documents you
send as they are at liberty to ask for these at any time. In fact, we had everything
photocopied so we had a record of our entire petition. The whole thing may seem
overwhelming but just take your time, fill out all the forms carefully, send in all
the supporting documents they ask for, and......cultivate patience, lots of it, esp
if your Service Centre is Texas There are lots of really helpful links online and
the information and help you will find here is exceptional. There's a wealth of
experience in this newgroup so use it to your advantage. In times of worry, keep your
eye on the "bigger picture". Although at times the waiting can seem endless, this
process is just a small 'glimp' in time compared to spending the rest of your lives
together. Very best wishes, good luck and...enjoy the ride

Old May 29th 2001, 2:52 am
andgodcreatedjay

Hi, thank you for your response..We look forward to making friends with people such
as yourself..This will be very helpful...We are completing the i-129 petition right
now and are getting ready to send it in...your tips are very helpful..thank you so
much...take care....Andrea & Jay

Old May 29th 2001, 10:32 am
Janet

in message

>
    >
    >
    >
about
    >
in
    >
    >
    >
for
    >
friends,
    >

Old May 29th 2001, 12:55 pm
raebear

Just my 2 cents' worth... my fiance and I attached only a copies of his passport
and airline tickets s "proof" of our relationship. Our petition was approved by the
CSC in 20 calendar days. I'm not sure how necessary it is to attach much more. They
only want proof that you have met at this stage. You may save yourselves lots of
copying costs if you hold off on that portion until the adjustment of status bit.
Good luck, Rae

Ellie wrote:

>
[usenetquote2]> > Hi Everyone,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > My Fiancee and I are new to the Newsgroup...We are about[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > to begin the K-1 Visa process and if anyone had any tips[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > to get us started in the right direction, we would greatly[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > appreciate it...I've done a little research and I really[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > must say this is overwhelming...We look forward to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > chatting with some of you and hope to make alot of new[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > friends...Thanks for having us and Goodluck to everyone in[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > this situation...From your new friends, Jay & Andrea[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >