new horizons group

Old Nov 30th 2008, 9:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new horizons group

Originally Posted by Bitzi
Well fortunately I did get all my money back including interest. It was forwarded from New Horizons escrow account to my broker's escrow account about 2 weeks before we closed escrow on the business I bought.

I consider myself so lucky. Derick Coles actually called me about 3-4 weeks ago to ask how we were getting on with our new business. I don't really understand what's happened? Has he vanished from his family as well? Are they all in on it? I am actually quite shocked as his son Jason and his daughter in law Molly were so helpful and professional in helping me secure my E2......one thing though and I don't know if anyone ever noticed who attended their forums in the UK.... they always used to lock the doors (now I know why!)
I'm glad you were lucky. Scary stuff.
Old Nov 30th 2008, 9:14 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

For future people ...DON'T use one stop shops ....
Old Nov 30th 2008, 10:28 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

To zackie, Larry K and any other new members joining to repost info about this story:

The site Admin has a no 'join to name n' shame' policy which is why you have not seen your posts appear. We have to ask you to comply with that to participate in the discussion.

I realize this must be a terrifying and frustrating time but I must request that you don't simply repost the story over and over.. hitting more websites with it won't necessarily get your story across credibly. I imagine that anyone who has money at stake at the moment is following every scrap of information they can get, so your story has been seen.

If you'd like to continue by adding anything new or participating in a conversation here, please do. But don't post links to other sites (which is why your first posts here didn't appear), don't post your email address and don't use inflammatory language and names for the principles involved. I'm leaving your posts right where they are for the moment (invisible) so that Admin can review and make a final decision.

I will point folks to the RipoffReport.com site where a simple search on the names here will lead you to a complaint forum.

You can reach Admin or the Moderators by email; our contacts are through our profiles here.
thanks,
meauxna
Old Dec 1st 2008, 3:54 am
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

They say a fool and his money are soon parted. My question: how did they get together in the first place?

I don't mean to make light of the situation and grief. To all those who have lost money, I'm sorry for you. Good luck in getting back whatever you can. I hope they send this bastard down for the maximum.

I know people here who go to seminars which will teach you how to "buy houses with no money down", or with someone else's money. Seminars on health etc. Some new investment opportunity. "I made X millions and you can too." They do make millions, but not from the crap they're promising.

These people peddle hope, aspirations of easy money. Stuff envelopes! Mary Kay. Avon. Amway, or whatever it's called now. I knew someone who peddled those Billy Blanks/Tae Bo videos.

For those who don't know, the Ponzi scheme works as follows. (The only reason I mention it is because OP got "interest" repaid.)
So, I'm shyster. I meet you and sense you're a likely mark. I have a surefire investment. Guaranteed 50% return. You give me $1,000. In a month, I give you back $1,500. You reinvest with me, $5,000, I give you back $7,500.
And so it goes. Everything you give me, I give you a sizable return. We built trust and you think you're onto a good thing. You tell your friends and encourage them to get a piece of this pie.

What you don't know is that I need relatively little stake money to make this scheme pay off big time. I use the money from other marks to pay you your interest. Then I use your reinvested money to pay them back. And so it goes.
Until I have a group of people who have invested substantial sums, at which point I just disappear with your money, change my name, and start up again.
Of course, the more successful I am, the more likely I will get caught.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 4:45 am
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Octang Frye

These people peddle hope, aspirations of easy money. Stuff envelopes! Mary Kay. Avon. Amway, or whatever it's called now. I knew someone who peddled those Billy Blanks/Tae Bo videos...
OMG - Billy Blanks... haven't seen his name or face since The Last Boy Scout with Bruce W!!! (opening scene.. the f'ball player who ran the field with the gun etc)
Old Dec 7th 2008, 1:58 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

They say a fool and his money are soon parted. My question: how did they get together in the first place?

I don't mean to make light of the situation and grief. To all those who have lost money, I'm sorry for you. Good luck in getting back whatever you can. I hope they send this bastard down for the maximum.

I know people here who go to seminars which will teach you how to "buy houses with no money down", or with someone else's money. Seminars on health etc. Some new investment opportunity. "I made X millions and you can too." They do make millions, but not from the crap they're promising.

These people peddle hope, aspirations of easy money. Stuff envelopes! Mary Kay. Avon. Amway, or whatever it's called now. I knew someone who peddled those Billy Blanks/Tae Bo videos.

For those who don't know, the Ponzi scheme works as follows. (The only reason I mention it is because OP got "interest" repaid.)
So, I'm shyster. I meet you and sense you're a likely mark. I have a surefire investment. Guaranteed 50% return. You give me $1,000. In a month, I give you back $1,500. You reinvest with me, $5,000, I give you back $7,500.
And so it goes. Everything you give me, I give you a sizable return. We built trust and you think you're onto a good thing. You tell your friends and encourage them to get a piece of this pie.

What you don't know is that I need relatively little stake money to make this scheme pay off big time. I use the money from other marks to pay you your interest. Then I use your reinvested money to pay them back. And so it goes.
Until I have a group of people who have invested substantial sums, at which point I just disappear with your money, change my name, and start up again.
Of course, the more successful I am, the more likely I will get caught.
By the sound of it you could also be writing about some EB5 schemes
Old Dec 7th 2008, 2:45 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

as follows. (The only reason I mention it is because OP got "interest" repaid.)
It was not a Ponzi scheme
Old Dec 8th 2008, 4:26 am
Just Joined

Ceejay123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bitzi
I hope so too. But when I wrote that, NHG had just helped me secure my E2 visa and also paid me interest on the money I had in escrow with them. So they appeared to be legitimate at that time.

I did my due diligence with them and called the bank which they said "was the escrow" account just to check my money was going into a legitimate escrow account and not Derick Coles personal account. I just wonder if those poor people whose money got taken bothered to check the validity of the account they were wiring hundreds of thousands of their own money into?
Bitzi, I am one of the unlucky people who have lost a considerable amount of money at the hands of New Horizons Group. I am VERY interested in what you mentioned about your contact with the bank involved and their knowledge of the word "escrow". If there is any way you could let me know more detail I would be extremely grateful. I have had contact with the same bank regarding the same account and I'm desperate to hear from anyone with similar experience in order to help restore funds. PLEASE help if you can!!!
Old Dec 10th 2008, 8:45 am
Just Joined

AndrewBartlett is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jackytoo
By the sound of it you could also be writing about some EB5 schemes
From the limited amount of information we have seen mainly from the people who have funds missing - the majority were investing under the E2 route, and its not the first time such issues have arisen - indeed I seem to remember national TV covering such issues last year. Any programme requires in-depth analysis.
Old Dec 17th 2008, 4:46 am
Forum Regular

scatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by fatbrit
You obviously don't know Susie like I know Susie.
Is that so? I don't think we have ever met let alone know me

for those interested check out www.derickcoles.com my immigration attorney is helping two of the victims, if you would like his details send me a pm

Last edited by scatty; Dec 17th 2008 at 4:48 am.
Old Dec 17th 2008, 5:03 am
Forum Regular

scatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by AndrewBartlett
From the limited amount of information we have seen mainly from the people who have funds missing - the majority were investing under the E2 route, and its not the first time such issues have arisen - indeed I seem to remember national TV covering such issues last year. Any programme requires in-depth analysis.
Yes,

The Sir Trevor McDonald film crew came to my home and filmed here and other locations throughout Florida called Florida Beached and Scammed in the Sunshine state
Old Dec 17th 2008, 10:10 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

scatty's last post made me curious enough to do a google.. where I tripped over this.

From the US Embassy London

A Non-Immigrant E visa is not a good option for someone who intends to reside indefinitely in the United States. The treaty investor visa program was designed to enhance commercial interaction between the US and other countries.

It is not intended as a means of self-employment or immigration. Should an E-2 visa holder retire or sell his or her investment, the visa status lapses and he or she must leave the US.

This issue is debated here every now and again, and the quote would probably be better elsewhere, but here it is for now.